Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

question about Lost and Damned posts
Closed Thread
Old 20 Feb 2006, 17:43   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default question about Lost and Damned posts

Not that I am a traitor >, but I was toying around with the army builder program and looking for a way to use my guard figs as a lost-and-the-damned army. It doesn't take much, just reassign some squads of 15 heretics instead of 10 guardsmen, keep your tanks, and turn your commissars and officers into arch heretics (I think that is what they are called) with psyker powers and demonic auras and such. I was looking at the 'lost armies' forum and it was stated that Lost-and-Damned armies are not a topic for that forum. are they a topic for this forum if they are based on guard?
Old 20 Feb 2006, 17:47   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Elessar
Default Re: question about Lost and Damned posts

id say they should be, and wont mind seeing them on. but you'll have to ask wargamer, he's the mod of IG boards.

Old 20 Feb 2006, 17:52   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

They really belong in Chaos, so PM Mal about it. He runs a large L&D army, and I don't think hes EVER posted in IG about it.

I'm almost positive it belongs in CHaos.

Stankov

[img width=650 height=288]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a99/GeneralStankov/finalcopy.jpg[/img]
Old 20 Feb 2006, 18:16   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

It really belongs in both, as Im assuming it uses alot of the same choices as guard. I would say that it is postable in both IG and Chaos forums, as the ability to use Chaos wargear would be foreign to many IG players, and some Chaos players may be able to correct your mistakes, or advise tactics, while guard players may be able to do the same for guard choices, such as tanks and all, while Chaos players arent as familiar with LRBTs and hellhounds.

On a side note, can you use doctrines with traitor guard?
Old 20 Feb 2006, 19:19   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

you can use doctrines if your force is based on a guard codex. they may be traitors, they may be guard, they may be PDF, they use the same rules restrictions. If you are playing Lost and Damned you have to use their force structure and that specific army list.

The game balances it's inherent imbalances by restrictions in army lists. Lost and Damned may be traitorous guard, but they wouldnt have any bonuses exclusive to a guard list like doctrines. The rules are deliberately abstract on how you define 'guard'. Specifically it is an Imperial institution, but the force list could be used for a variety of fluff ideas. Tallarn PDF would probably be pretty similar to Tallarn Guard regiments.

The Guard list is used for any organized force of humans with lasguns and flak armor (or some equivalent with the same game stats). Lost and Damned adds the real true chaos taint with demon powers and such, but probably wouldnt be viable for a force of pirates or mercenaries who are just humans with bad attitudes. There we use guard and are allowed doctrines.
Old 22 Feb 2006, 02:08   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

i see, thanks for clearing that up
Closed Thread