Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Shinra-themed Guard, 750pts
Closed Thread
Old 19 Feb 2006, 16:20   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Shinra-themed Guard, 750pts

Relating to my Final Fantasy VII Shinra army project (you can see the figs here: http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=10891.15), I've put together an armylist of 750pts whilst I let some greenstuff dry. The list is much more whimsical than most because it's theme is far more important to me than it's effectiveness, but I'd still like to hear what you think of it (and see if you agree on my thoughts on what best represents what!).

Anyway, 750pts of Guard (actual units are placed in brackets next to the Shinra unit name if they aren't obvious already);

Doctrines
Grenadiers
Storm Troopers
(remaining 3 are unchosen for now and depend on how the army expands. I like Iron Disipline, however...)

HQ

Shinra Command Squad - 76
(Senior Officer with power maul and laspistol, 4x MP veterans, one of whom is a medic, all have frag grenades)

Soldier 1st Class Zack (priest) - 90
(Honorifica Imperialis, eviscerator)

General Sephiroth (Grey Knight Brother Captain) - 76
(master-crafted nemesis force weapon)

Troops

Attack Squad M-47 (10 stormtroopers) - 212
(veteran sergeant with bolter, 2x flamers, frag grenades)
* * Shinra APC (Chimera)
* * (2x heavy bolters, smoke launchers, extra armour)

Midgar 7th MP Platoon - 221
* * Command Section (heavy bolter, Junior Officer with a bolter)
* * 1st Squad (missile launcher, frag grenades)
* * 2nd Squad (missile launcher, frag grenades)

Fast Attack
Sweeper (sentinel) - 75
(autocannon, hunter-killer missile, armoured crew compartment)

Total - 750
Models - 44
Old 19 Feb 2006, 16:51   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Elessar
Default Re: Shinra-themed Guard, 750pts

im guessing your SO has a power weapon since guardsmen cant actually get power mauls?

id get rid of the frag grenades in the guard squads, replace them with nade launchers or plasmas. frags really aren't very usefull in guard squads since you wont be chargeing that often.

Old 19 Feb 2006, 16:55   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Yeah, but a power maul is a power axe is a power sword, right? maul seems the best description for it seeing as it's basically a riot stick.

Good point about the frags- I might swap them for Iron Discipline on the squads rather than the different guns though, 'cause running away seems to be a big problem with Guard...
Old 19 Feb 2006, 17:24   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

You'll need to spend a doctrine point to get Priests.

Very cool little list. Brilliantly themed as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 19 Feb 2006, 19:03   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I love it... Maybe make a unit with the Arbites rules from the Witchhunters codex? I seeem to remeber some of the shinra soldiers having shotguns.....
Old 19 Feb 2006, 19:23   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Elessar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasrkin Rhodes
Yeah, but a power maul is a power axe is a power sword, right? maul seems the best description for it seeing as it's basically a riot stick.

Good point about the frags- I might swap them for Iron Discipline on the squads rather than the different guns though, 'cause running away seems to be a big problem with Guard...
a maul is a big hammer, basicly a sledge hammer used for combat. a power maul is the same but smaller, since it is wielded single handedly(usually with a shield or pistol) and has an energy field similar to those used by power swords. whats special about powermauls is that they can adjust this energy field allowing them to easily punch through a forged steel wall, or temporarily stun someone. the IG can't use power mauls(does any 40K army have them?) but you can just use power fist rules for it.

Old 19 Feb 2006, 19:24   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to Mr. Scolz

what about the big red dudes in the Shinra Building?You know,the ones with double machine guns and when you hurt them enough,they'd go teeny and blue(The special rule for that could be interesting.....).They would make an ideal heavily armoured 'termie' Elites squad,and the special rule could be a bonus.You know, I can see all our insane ramblings going somewhere sometime soon... ;D

Jesus Saves.The rest of you take 2d10 damage.
Old 19 Feb 2006, 21:47   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to Pirate Send a message via Yahoo to Pirate

Seems cool, post some pics when your done!
Old 21 Feb 2006, 15:17   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Seems great. I love it. My only advice is to make Sephiroth a Grand Master- Brother captains are lame and crappy, while a Grand Master is suitably bad ass.

Also, as Power mauls are shown in the Sisters of Battle pics from time to time I'd say easily legal. Who knows, the Power Maul might have taken battle damage and be stuck in high power. It is a "power weapon" not a power sword or axe. I'd also make Cloud a Witch Hunters Inquisitor so you can get slightly better stats and more kool gear, but thats just me.
Old 22 Feb 2006, 23:59   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Please don't get angry at me... but what is Shinra, and why does that guy carry a gigantic sword far too big to actually carry in real life? Is it magical or something?
Closed Thread