Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Clytus Androgynous Maximus III at his finest: fluff and army list
Closed Thread
Old 15 Feb 2006, 05:31   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Clytus Androgynous Maximus III at his finest: fluff and army list

O0
"I ask you to account for these faulty numbers in your reports, Commissar! Speak now in your defense."

The commissar turned slowly, making eye contact with the inquisitor who had been charged to question him regarding the misappropriation of supplies.

The scowl on his face was exaggerated by the torchlight. His haggard voice replied softly as the scribes noted his answer on dataslates.

" I am a servant of the emperor my lord, I simply used the weapons I deemed necessary. You should not unleash your wrath upon myself or the men in my command due to a clerical error on the part of the administratum."

The commissar looked at the numbers on the slate before him. 1000 lascannons mistakenly assigned to his regiment. A mistake which he had failed to report due to being in the field with his men. His brothers in arms. They had needed every single one of them.

"We do the Emperor's will Inquisitor, perhaps this oversight was an intention towards this end? Some unforseen boon from the Emperor that helped us in our time of need?"

Inquisitor Moloch rose from his seat at the head of the table, strode purposefully towards the ageing Commissar and struck him accross the face with a gloved hand.

"That is no way to speak to an Inquisitor, COMMISSAR! Do not presume to know the will of our Emperor! You tread dangerous ground!"

Clytus Nodded, then leapt to his feet, face to face with the haggard inquisitor.

"We used the munitions that were available! And it was a good thing we did INQUISITOR! When was the last time you saw a battle? or were you too busy reading and persecuting? The amount of armour thrown at us by the Tau would have overwhelmed our lines had it not been for this 'misappropriation'! so do not DARE to pursue these charges to me any further you... COWARDLY Bureaucrat!"

The Commissar felt a cold sweat and an adrenaline rush and all the hatred he had been indoctrinated to feel for less-than-efficient leaders welled up in his mind.

Moloch stepped back, contained his anger, and spoke firmly:
"You disrespect an ordained inquisitor Commissar. I suggest you recant. I must account for these misappropriated munitions to MY superiors and YOU will be the one to answer for this!"

Inquisitor Moloch turned away, towards the scribes, to make sure they were recording all of this conversation. He heard a click behind him.

The bolt round exploded in Moloch's head, turning the room into a hazey red mist.

Commissar Maximus holstered his pistol. "I serve the Emperor. Now you serve no-one you bureaucratic coward." He turned towards the shocked scribes. "Make sure you get all of that down, now I have some men to lead and no more time for this nonsense."

He strode out of the room. No-one attempted to stop him.

so there it is... the grey knights are gonna fight my boys this weekend... grudge match for beating up his tau tank army with my sick heavy weapons list last month... I am currently in the middle of repainting about half of my available miniatures, so I dont have a lot to work with, so we agreed on 1250 points. Since my models are a bit limited, I decided to go for ruthless efficiency:

_________

HQ: JO w lasp/ccw... squad has a heavy bolter ----51
AT: 3 missile launchers ----95
______
platoon
JO and 2x ccw/lasp + 2 flamers ----52
I squad w. lascannon, GL, vet sgt w bolter ----100
I squad w. lascannon, GL, vet sgt w bolter ----100

Armoured Fist:
vet sgt and lascannon ----91
chim has 2 hvy flam and smoke ----88
________
10 stormtroopers w 2 plasmaguns and deep strike ----130

5 veterans, sgt has bolter, squad lascan, grenlnch ----78

1 independant commissar (Clytus) w
honourifica, poweraxe, storm bolter, refrac field ----100
________
sentinel w lascannon ----55
________
Leman w 3 heavy bolters ----155

Leman w lascannon ----155

_____
oh yeah... doctrines:
-independant commissar (Clytus works alone nowadays)
-close order drill (Clytus insists his men learn it. it's free and it works once in a blue moon)
-stormtroopers (so i can have some stormtroopers - my kasrkin who just look so awesome and all the talk about stormies lately has got me just admiring the models more and more) this is probably the only inneficient area in my army, as they will drop in, plasma something to bits, and get counter charged and die, whether there are 5 or 10 of them. those extra 5 hellgun stroops I may switch for something... maybe a couple of points shuffling like losing a vet sgt (the AF, since I plan on keeping them inside as long as possible) could get me a 10 man meat squad with a heavy bolter... what do you guys think would be more usefull?

I may throw in drop troops as a doctrine but it's pretty unsporting, so I probably wont use it unless his army is really scary.

that's it. I have almost no close assault, just the commie and that little JO wannabe assault squad with the flamers, but they can countercharge if they are needed. but I have a heck of a lot of lascannons and missiles to blow thru their terminators and inquisitors.

I am going to go kick some grey knight <ahem> this weekend with my guys I got here. Hope Y'all liked the story behind it. ;D
Old 16 Feb 2006, 07:12   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Re: Clytus Androgynous Maximus III at his finest: fluff and army list

I like it a commissar who doesn't take crap from no one, i reckon the fluff is great, tell me how he goes in battle
Old 16 Feb 2006, 14:09   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I reckon it isn't because A) Inquisitors don't do this sort of BS and B) because the regiment would now get slaughtered to a man. Periood. This commissar may not take this crap, but the Inquisition takes even less. They'd kill the regiment, anyone who has ever been part of the regiment, and their families. Commissars are also brain washed to a level equal to marines. Killing an Inquisitor is a big nono. They take their infinite authority very seriously.
Old 16 Feb 2006, 14:37   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Unfortunatly, MikeH is correct but for one point:
Quote:
A) Inquisitors don't do this sort of BS
What, accusing everyone of everything, being generaly superior and stuck-up, and threatening the wrath of the Emperor for the slightest insult? Yes, they do. They can kill millions with a snap of fingers, should they wish... an Inquitor had an entire Chapter of Marines killed because they were snubbed once.

Quote:
This commissar may not take this c**p, but the Inquisition takes even less. They'd kill the regiment, anyone who has ever been part of the regiment, and their families. Commissars are also brain washed to a level equal to marines. Killing an Inquisitor is a big nono. They take their infinite authority very seriously.
This, however, is true if I'm correct in my memory - you should revise the Commisar as a hardarsed officer.

As for the list... interesting, and not bad from what I know of Guard... You should be able to handle the GKs as well as any ISTs, so it seems okay.

Last note:
Quote:
because the regiment would now get slaughtered to a man. Periood.
Why do you think they're fighting Grey Knights?
Old 16 Feb 2006, 14:43   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Because he mentioned it in his post. Also, its not the Inquisitions job to police lascannons... and thats the reason for the confrontation in his story.

I'm sorry I'm being confrontational, but I don't like the fluff...

The list on the other hand is great. Make sure you keep your men spread out and be prepared for a possible Orbital strike.
Old 16 Feb 2006, 20:47   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Elessar

yeah not to keen on the fluff either. i have no trouble believing that inquisitors are arrogant and pumpous but i really dont think the commissar would be talking to him like that. the inquisitor would have zapped him into the warp or something. also i hardly think that a commissar can just wip out a bolt pistol and wack the inquisitor. the inquisitor himself has as much combat experiance as the commissar if not more, and he would also have loads of henchmen to give the commissar the slip as soon as he reaches for the gun. and most importantly: i doubt they send an inquisitor to chekc up on the lascannon miss-delivery, thye ahve more important stuff to do.

army list looks goo though. lone sentinel will bite the dust turn one though.

Old 16 Feb 2006, 21:14   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elessar
yeah not to keen on the fluff either. i have no trouble believing that inquisitors are arrogant and pumpous but i really dont think the commissar would be talking to him like that. the inquisitor would have zapped him into the warp or something. also i hardly think that a commissar can just wip out a bolt pistol and wack the inquisitor. the inquisitor himself has as much combat experiance as the commissar if not more, and he would also have loads of henchmen to give the commissar the slip as soon as he reaches for the gun. and most importantly: i doubt they send an inquisitor to chekc up on the lascannon miss-delivery, thye ahve more important stuff to do.

army list looks goo though. lone sentinel will bite the dust turn one though.
It's not about the miss-delivery of the lascannons, It's about why it wasn't reported.

well this commissar would talk that much blah to an inquisitor because he doesn't have a cowardly bone in his body. and not all inquisitors are psykers. and no. there are plenty of young, stupid inquisitors much as there are plenty of young stupid greyknight players out there. Commissars see every battle. Inquisitors plot and scheme from the background and show up at times of extreme import. Commissars are routinely checking their flock for any slight problem. Inquisitors are holding seances with daemons and once in a while get assigned to go and persecute a wrongly accused, well meaning commissar to find if there is a chaos taint in the situation.

Once again, I shall kick this pompous inquisitor's AHEM back in line.
Old 16 Feb 2006, 21:27   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Elessar

im not saying hes a coward, im saying that even if hes brave you dont talk to an inquisitor like that. and no, there aren't young and foolish inquisitors. do you really think the imperium would give some snobby brat ultimate power and have the greatest of the sapce mairne chapters on their beck and call? no, of course not. these guys ahve seen more action than your average soldier before they even become acolytes, let alone a full blown inquisitor. these guys eat daemons for breakfast, i wouldnt take them so lightly.

Old 17 Feb 2006, 00:24   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Think about it. Do you know why its so hard to launch a nuclear missile IRL? well, and Inquisitor could launch ever weapon of mass destruction ever at will. Young and irresponsible, pompous, useless Inquisitors are called Servitors or corpses.