Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

The Altyre Confederation
Closed Thread
Old 14 Feb 2006, 06:26   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default The Altyre Confederation

[glow=green,2,300][size=20pt]The Altyre Confederation[/size][/glow

In the Damocles Gulf is a forge world called Qual'e ( kuu- le). When the humans first settled on the world they were contiousily attacked by the Tau, the Humans held the Tau in awe, any captured piece of technology was revered above all else, untill one day a Tau ship was shot down in orbit of the planet and nearly all of the crew were killed, the survivours were found by some humans, the humans healed them, and helped to repair their ship and get back home, after that incident the Tau stopped attacking and occasionally a Tau merchant would arrive on the planet and do trade with the humans, the Tau and humans fought side by side on many occasions, then the humans Governer-General Alex Altyre proposed a treaty called the Altyre alliance, the Tau signed the treaty and both races prospered, the forge world started building improved weapons with the benifit of Tau technology and the Tau had convinced another planet to follow The Greater Good, over time the humans started to follow the Greater Good whilie not totaly giving up the Emperor.

How do you like it?
Im thinking of using devilfishas chimeras, Ethreals as priests and replacing lots of guardsmen with firewarriors, maybe even a hammerhead basilisk.

Give me your thoughts.

P.S.
Dont call me a traitor

P.P.S.
If you tell any inquisitors, i will hunt you down and torture you
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tau-battle.jpg (35.4 KB, 11 views)
Old 14 Feb 2006, 12:34   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: The Altyre Confederation

They are so dead when the Imperium catches up to them.
Not only did they betray the Emperor, but they did it willingly! Such trouble!
And it's a forge world? What's going to happen when the Imperium realizes one of it's forge worlds has betrayed them! Just by not destroying the Tau technology they captured they sealed their fate with the Inquisition. So very dead.
Should be a fun allied force to try out.
So dead.
Old 14 Feb 2006, 14:56   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to legio mortis

How did the Adeptus Mechanicus side with the tau? A forge world is run by them. They wouldn't turn on the emperor, as they see him as the omnissiah.
But seriously, a Guardsman, I'm willing to bet, could a) outshoot me, b) give me the beating of my life, and c) shove more squad-based tactics down my throat than I'd ever care to digest. Guard are hard, hard men. Whether or not GW's inconsistent, Marine-worshipping fluff keeps with that, mkay?

Real men fight in tanks!

sig by Kais

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nox
Legio why do I always imagine you shouting when I read your posts? :P
Old 14 Feb 2006, 15:07   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

I have to agree; a Forgeworld would never allow such wanton descecration of their doctrine by using Tau technology[sup]1[/sup]. In short, this idea doesn't fit with canon.

[sup]1[/sup]Yes, Stygies VIII has a dedicated branch of the Adeptus Mechanicus who study xenos technology for Imperial use, I know this... but they are a minority, and they have by no means jumped ship as you seem to be suggesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 14 Feb 2006, 15:22   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I have to agree with the others. The moment the Mordian 5053rd or whatever stopped receiving tanks and Lasguns someone is going to take a trip to the Forge World... followed by a massive fleet when they figure out what is going on. I can also see some serious problems originating from Skitari fighting to the last, as well as servitors and automated defense, killing every tau they could find. Studying Tau technology taken off of dead bodies killed in a Crusade and joining the Tau are two different things.

I'm sorry to say that these Tau sympathising IG regiments are sorta over done, and that if you do play them you should just use the rules off of the main GW IG site. The Guevesa (I know, spelling is butchered) I believe have already been documented more than enough. Anything more major than some sparsely populated, resourceless, back water crap hole of a planet that goes over willingly to the Tau is going to find itself on the wrong side of a task force, failing that Black Templars or maybe even an Exterminatus. The Imperium is a big xenophobic place. A very pissed off xenophobic place. With more people on one of the bigger hive worlds than Tau in their entire empire. They don't simply "let planets go" to the Tau as everyone seems to believe. If anything the local Arbites would blow the whistle oin them and spark it all off.
Old 14 Feb 2006, 23:01   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Thanks for enlightening me, back to the drawing board for me, ill write about my new army once its done, once agian thanks for telling me about the suckiness of my fluff

P.S. please lock this
Closed Thread