Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Ke'lshan Guevessa - "The sewer rats"
Closed Thread
Old 12 Feb 2006, 15:22   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Ke'lshan Guevessa - "The sewer rats"

After the retreat of the Damocles crusade from Tau space many Imperial Guard regiments were left behind to fend for themselves. Faced with a simple choice joining the Tau empire or a life of captivity the guard surrendered to their benevolant former foes.

Human regiments and camp followers were settled throughout the empire, particualary on frontier sept worlds to bolster the small tau colonies and provide a body of auxillery troops to help defend said worlds.

One such world was Ke'lshan. Situated on the fringe of the empire the sept world of Kelshan had suffered the privations of alien raiders on many occassions. It's inhabitants are as a result very distrustful of outsiders. The addition of human colonies was therefore met with a mixed reaction.

Since the first arrival of humans on Ke'lshan by over 100 years ago a number of settlements have sprung up and thrived. Although still regarded with suspition by the distrustful Tau population the human settlements are largely left to their own devices. The townships grow thir own food and see to their own well being and are afforded a much greater degree of freedom and higher standard of living than their forebears had in the Imperium. Some members of the population old enough to remember life in the Imperium tell stories of the barbarity and oppression of the regime. The "Inquisition" and "The Emperor" are favourites of many a late night horror story and are often told to frighten small children.

As part of the empire the human communities send a % of all their crops and manufactured goods to the tau for use throughout the empire. Along with goods the human communities are also required to supply a body of fighting men to bolster the ever expending tau empire's armies.

Being much longer lived than the average Tau and combined with their advanced training methods, in marksmanship and infiltration, the human soldiery of the empire are extremely well skilled soldiers. This, combined with their hardier physiology and greater combat reflexs has made them ideal candidates for the role of urban warfare, where the fighting tends to be much closer and physically demanding. Much more disciplined and possessing the ability to operate complex machinary unlike the barbaric Kroot the "sewer rats" of Ke'lshan have become an integral part of the world's fighting force.

The long barrelled pulse rifles used by Tau troops are too inwieldly and awkward to be used in the confines of the urban battlefield. Instead the much shorter barrelled and hardy lasgun of their predecessors are still used by the "sewer rats", as are the rugged tanks of the Imperium. Their sheer size and noise unerves the enemy and the massive close ranged destuctive force they can unleash is much more useful in their given warzones.

A version of Tau stealth technology has been incorporated into the armour of the human fighting forces to improve their already formidable combat abilities. The Tau respect for the lives of it's soldiery, the high standard of living enjoyed by all and the deep rooted fear of imperial reprisals ensures that the human population of Ke'lshan remain staunchly loyal to the principals of the greater good.

Doctrines:
Veterans,
Light Infantry,
Grenadiers,
Special equipment - camelioline.
Drop Troops (Not deep striking, tunnelling Into position!)

HQ

Command Platoon: Drop troops, Camelioline

Junior officer - Bolter
4 melta guns

Camelioline, LI
AT squad - Missile launchers (*3)

Camelioline, LI
AT squad - Missile launchers (*3)

Elites

Chamelioline
10 * hardened vets - 3* plasma + Storm bolter + Lascannon - 155

Chamelioline
10 * hardened vets - 3* plasma + Storm bolter + Lascannon - 155

Troops

10* storm troopers - 2 plasma guns + Vet - plasma pistol - 136

10* storm troopers - 2 plasma guns + Vet - plasma pistol - 136

Fast attack

Hellhound + EA, - 120

Hellhound + EA, - 120

Heavy support

Demolisher - LC, EA, smoke + Heavy flamers - 182

Demolisher - LC, EA, smoke + Heavy flamers - 182

Old 13 Feb 2006, 17:37   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: Ke'lshan Guevessa - "The sewer rats"

that looks like a really efficient power army to me. too bad they drank the kool-aid and became tau cultists. suffer not the alien to live! Do you plan on teaming them up with a separate tau force list?
Old 14 Feb 2006, 05:05   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Probably, in bigger games i can team up with my mech hunter candre
Old 14 Feb 2006, 09:10   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Yah another Greater Good Sympathiser i thought i'd never find someone else

Check out my Thread!!!
Old 14 Feb 2006, 20:39   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghillie
Yah another Greater Good Sympathiser i thought i'd never find someone else

Check out my Thread!!!
traitors! the tau are just another disgusting alien race to be eradicated to ensure our survival. Don't listen to them!
Old 14 Feb 2006, 20:53   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Good job. Thats for helping with the greater good. I think sentinals would be cool though. But I think nothings wrong with taking the pulse carbines. I just which humans could take more than 2. I'm working on some hum aux with left over pices. Basicly a Cadian Body, Tau legs that I'll replace fett with the Cadian ones and I'm using the kroot sholder pads as face plates.