Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

1500 point Gue'vassa list
Closed Thread
Old 29 Jan 2006, 22:14   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default 1500 point Gue'vassa list

My last Gue'vassa list was getting slaughtered by heavy armor, so I've replaced the Ogryns with an infiltrating veteran squad and added some more anti-tanks stuff elsewhere.

Doctrines:
Storm Troopers
Grenadiers
Sanctioned Psykers
Carapace Armor

HQ
Junior Officer w/ power weapon, bolt pistol
3x guardsman w/ flamer
veteran w/ med. pack
Carapace armor
Chimera w/ heavy stubber, smoke
195 points

Sanctioned Psyker w/ Honorifica Imperialis, force weapon, bolt pistol
63 points

Kroot Master Shaper w/ wings, power weapon, shuirken pistol, melta bombs
76 points
HQ total: 334

Elites

Veteran Seargent w/ power fist, bolt pistol
3x Veteran w/ plasma gun
1x Veteran w/ missile launcher
5x Veteran w/ lasgun
Carapace Armor
171 points

Storm Trooper Seargent
2x Storm Trooper w/ melta gun
2x Storm Trooper w/ hellgun
deepstrike
75 points

Storm Trooper Seargent
2x Storm Trooper w/ melta gun
2x Storm Trooper w/ hellgun
deepstrike
75 points

Elites total: 321 points

Troops

Storm Trooper Vet. Sargeant w/ plasma pistol, power weapon
2x Storm Trooper w/ plasma gun
7x Storm Trooper w/ hellgun
241 points

Storm Trooper Vet. Sargeant w/ plasma pistol, power weapon
2x Storm Trooper w/ plasma gun
7x Storm Trooper w/ hellgun
241 points

Kroot Shaper w/ eviserator, shuiken pistol
19 kroot
208 points

Troops total: 690

Heavy Support

Leman Russ w/ hull lascannon
155 points

Army Total: 1500 points
HQ: 22%
Elites: 21%
Troops: 46%
Heavy Support: 10%

Power Gaming Test Score: +4 for more other choices than troop choices. Regular Gamer. I don't think the test was designed with kroot mercs in mind though, so that might change the score somewhat.

I'm considering dropping some wargear and upgrading the Russ to a demolisher with a pair of plasma cannons and a heavy bolter. Do you guys think that would be effective?
Old 30 Jan 2006, 08:55   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Scout Sergeant Mkoll
Default Re: 1500 point Gue'vassa list

That's a nice list. However I would not get a demolisher instead of a standard leman due to the new blast template rules the plasma cannons aren't very efficient. Better to stick tih the battle cannon IMO.

I like the use of the kroot mercs, even though I don't really know their rules, it just sounds cool.

You have a large amount of numbers which will work to your advantage and you have a faiur amount of anti-tank weaponry.

I'm not sure how likely it is that the Imperium would hire kroot mercs, but I like them so I'm not complaining.

Great job on the list.
Oh come on, just because I'm carrying around the joy of killing your family, doesn't mean we still can't be friends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kara Thrace
Ah, I'm minnie, meaning I'm sexy, badass, and will happily shoot you in the back.

Damn, I hope I don't get quoted calling myself sexy. :funny:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.
Old 30 Jan 2006, 10:13   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Elessar

stick to the normal lemmy, id say its better.

i dont think your allowed kroot mercenaries, you have to have 2000 of your parent list to take them as mercenaries, but im not sure. im at school so i cant go to the GW site, but i suggest you re-read the rules just to make sure.

you have an obscene amount of plasma in your army, which will work wonders against marines and necrons. but if you play guard or orks may i suggest replacing them with some nade launchers and flamers.

To sargeant Mkoll: its not an imperial force, since its gue'vessa it works for the tau empire. making kroot a viable option

Old 30 Jan 2006, 10:14   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

I'm pretty sure the way those allies have been taken is illegal... for one thing, you can't take a Shaper as a Troops Choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 30 Jan 2006, 11:56   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

The Shaper is quite legal - and indeed, compulsory - as a leader for the troops choice of Kroot carnivores. Giving him an eviscerator is a relatively cheap way of squeezing a little more anti-tank power into the list - if a careless player tries assaulting those Kroot with a Dreadnaught, he's going to get a nasty surprise.

The way Vimes has included the Kroot, as auxiliaries to his main force rather than as a separate detachment, is also entirely legal. The conditions he must abide by are that he must meet the force organisation chart requirements with his own force (without the Kroot); he must not include more Kroot units than there are troops choices in his own non-Kroot army; and he must not include more than one Kroot unit in any category (or two units in Troops). He has met all of those conditions.

Your primary anti-tank power is still at the whim of the scatter dice, on your deep-striking stormtroopers. I suppose that, in a pinch, rapid-firing plasma will deal with anything up to AV12-13. As for anti-horde power, it looks like you're relying on the Chimeras. I take it that they all have hull-mounted heavy bolters, in addition to their turret weapons? Although, now that I think of it, twin heavy flamers could work well with drive-by plasma shooting.
Old 30 Jan 2006, 12:16   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

Ah yes... sorry, I misread the entry a bit there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 01 Feb 2006, 13:25   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Well, that inspired me on the road to Gue´veas again. Grenadies is probably the way to go to represent Gue´veas that has been deemed worthy to serve in the Tau forces on their own, rather than as milita and auxilliaries.

My blog: http://mattiknife.wordpress.com
Old 01 Feb 2006, 21:21   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Take a look at the big two page painting by paul dainton in the codex, the one showing all the different units and the standard bearer with the power fist. The background clearly shows a large barge that would be used to transport a force that size. Also, valkyries arent very common but are available to most guard armies, not just elysians (the valkyrie from FW has been around for years). Also the arvus lighter is characterized as a commonly used vehicle for transporting supplies, though not usually personel. It is capable of launching from a low orbit in space and returning

I think in the vast majority of instances, a regiment would land in one of those massive navy transports, then deploy any aerial assaults from a ground base. The guard is vast and i would think that an airborne assault directly from space would be difficult, as a dedicated personal transport for every squad in the regiment would be asking a lot. The guard are more about setting up shop on the ground, leave it to the space marines to attack from orbit. (of course the elysians are sort of an exception, though remeber they drop with their grav chutes from a valkerie usually, showing that they took off from the ground.)

*EDIT* SORRY I REPLIED TO THE WORNG THREAD. IGNORE THIS RANT!!