Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

new regiment. 1850 (not catachan)
Closed Thread
Old 24 Jan 2006, 13:52   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to wonderboy
Default new regiment. 1850 (not catachan)

system- Sarcos.
planet- Sarcos III
regiment- Regarian 451st

fluff- the four planets of the Sarcos system are very unlike the rest of the galaxy. instead of being wracked by war, or in hospitable to human life, it is located in the segmentum pacificus, and consists of two agriworlds and a mining planet.Sarcos III is the world whose inhabitants closely guard these gemsfrom orks or any of the other perils in the universe. one of the few distinctions that the inhabitants have from other planets is their prolific use of the spear.

spears are a highly revered weapon to Sarcoigans. each child is apprenticed to a blacksmith (usually a distant family member) until they can successfully and properly make a spear head. upon being able to do this (to varying degrees), the child then undergoes a rite of passage that ends with a duel between the child (usually 16 by then) and the family patriarch.

even with the more sophisticated weaponry like las technology out there, the inhabitants of Sarcos still bring their spears to war. many warriors have even have gone so far as to incorporate their las weapon into their spears, along with the help of a few techpriests from the local adeptus mechanus temple

when it comes to war, the inhabitants of sarcos are a very hardy people.every man who has taken the rite of passage is geared towards battle and death.even the elders, whose strength has passes would rather die on a battlefield rather rot away at home. some of the wealthier men have also been known to mount steeds to get to the fight quicker, rather then march along side his other kinsmen.

as far as leadership goes, the head of a family often enlists his brothers and sons and leads them into battle. this insures that no leader gets betrayed, but also helps bring honor to a family when they do well in battle.

doctrines-
- close order drill (they have spears. come now...)
- iron discipline
- hardened fighters
- rough riders
- veterans

*note- as far as their compisition, that is coming along slowly. i dont really have enough cash to experiment, but i want a destinct look. i already know i will have to use high elves' spears, but rather than cadian flack armor, i want them to have a breast plate, to give them a more midevil look. so, the plan is catachan legs, high elf arms and torso, catachan or maybe cadian head. these ideas are still scetchy ,but im fairly open to reasonable opinion. the 1850pt army will be in the next post.

**EDIT. HAD TO CHANGE THE POINTS FROM 1500 TO 1850

2000 points
1500 points
my army lists.
Old 24 Jan 2006, 14:09   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer
Default Re: new regiment. 1500

How can you get Ws 5? COD doesn't give Ws benefits...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 24 Jan 2006, 14:26   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: new regiment. 1500

The SO or HSO and Commisar would get WS 5 since they are included in the infantry definition as part of the unit. The rest would only be WS 4.

I imagine Guard with WS 4 would be hard to use because the extra close combat skill and points cost wouldn't be backed up by actual ability to cause or withstand damage in an attack. Although I suppose for players using a counter-assaulting HQ the extra WS would be useful since power-fists or power-weapons would give the ability to cause harm. Does anyone use it or have a use for it since I have always used the docrine point for more useful things? Anyone use it regularly?
Old 24 Jan 2006, 14:38   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: new regiment. 1850

oops, you are correct again, wargamer.

Heroic Senior Officer- power weapon, bolt pistol, iron discipline, HF-
Vet- medic, bolt pistol, power weapon
Vet- standard-bearer, bolt pistol, power weapon
Trooper- flamer
Trooper- flamer
Total-162

Fire support squad 1-heavy bolters x3
Fire support squad 2-heavy bolters x3
Total 160

Vets- ccw, pistols, x3 flamers, HF
Vets - ccw, pistols, x 3 grenade launchers, HF
Total- 242

Platoon 209
Junior Officer- power weapon, bolt pistol iron discipline, HF-
Vet- vox, laspistol and ccw
Trooper- flamer
Trooper- flamer
Total- 110

Squad 1- vox, grenade launcher, HF
Squad 2- vox, grenade launcher, HF
Squad 3- vox, grenade launcher, HF
Squad 4- vox, grenade launcher, HF- 73+15
Total- 352

Platoon 214
Junior Officer- power weapon, bolt pistol, iron discipline, HF
Vet- vox, laspistol and ccw
Trooper- flamer
Trooper- flamer
Total- 110

Squad 1- vox, flamer, HF
Squad 2- vox, flamer, HF
Squad 3- vox, flamer, HF
Squad 4- vox, flamer, HF
Total- 344

Fast attack
10 Rough riders- hunting lances, HF
8 Rough riders- hunting lances, HF
Total- 260

Heavy support
Russ- bolter
Total- 145

overall total, 1853

2000 points
1500 points
my army lists.
Old 24 Jan 2006, 14:52   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

I like the planets background, I must say. They remind me of my beloved Evadians, the difference being the Evadians know that real men use longswords.

I'd love to see a converted army of these nutters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 24 Jan 2006, 15:09   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

+well, i got part idea partly from them. the rest was from my brain not shutting up. but, i like spears better. i was thinking i sould adda c platoon of conscripts by dropping the 4th squad from each platoon, but i like my doctrine choices.

as stated above, the idea is to use high elf arms and torsos from the spearmen, catachan legs and the heads are still undecided. the las guns, i want mounted on the spears like dave taylor did his custodes, but only the more elegant spears contrasted with the archaic technology of the imperium.

ideas are still welcome.

2000 points
1500 points
my army lists.
Old 26 Jan 2006, 15:47   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Elessar
Default Re: new regiment. 1850 (not catachan)

well your vox system seems a bit useless, since you only have 2 officers with casters you will only be able to take 2 tests with them(and their only Ld8 anyways). i would get rid of them and get veteran sargeants, it only costs one more point and it means all your squads will be Ld 8 all the time, and you'll get and extra attack, since im guessing this is an assaulty guard army.

aslo your anti-tank capabilities at the moment are a bunch of greande launchers. great for ork vehicles but wont scratch the big stuff. may i suggest meltaguns?

Old 26 Jan 2006, 16:08   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: new regiment. 1850 (not catachan)

well, i would buy the vets, but i am a little over on the points. but, im hoping the extra point of leadership will help out

as for melta guns, i was very tempted to take some,but it wasnt very fluffy. i was hoping the tank i got would help out a little when it came to tank fighting. iwill see what i can drop to put some melta in there. but the way i have their fluff set up, they need only worry about orcs or chaos.

i would also like some feedback on what i should do as far as compisition.would the high elf torso's fit the bill?

2000 points
1500 points
my army lists.
Closed Thread