Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

as promised: the silly army at 1000 points
Closed Thread
Old 11 Jan 2006, 18:45   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default as promised: the silly army at 1000 points

This list is inspired by a my hope to create the most feasable background for a really backwards and hard-to-use guard regiment. The first (and probably last) founding from a small planet who's primary industry is agrigultural and home brewed liquor.

I think you'll get the flavor I'm going for here after reading all the characters in my command squad.

A friend of mine wants to learn 40k, so I will probably use this army against him as he learns the rules. But mostly it's for giggles, an exploration, if you will, into the possibilities of substandard use of points.

HQ: "Sherriff/Mayor Hackert and his Posse"
-COMMAND SQUAD (197 pts)
(Light Infantry)
Sherriff Hackert:
JO ccw/laspistol, trademark item (straw hat), the sherriff/mayor also has some Krak, since he's the only one in town who has ever been to the "Big City" Imperial munitions orbital moon base.

Reverend Jebediah Obediah Stebediah Jones (also town bar owner):
priest with ccw, holy relic (big jug of the Emperor's moonshine)

'Wierdo' Steve the town drunk:
psyker with ccw/lp
(quote from the sherriff: "that's just WierdoSteve, he mumbles to himself a lot but he's pretty harmless")
--sorry that was an awfully obvious comment about psyker powers--

Commissar Klytus Androgenous Maximus Imperialus:
com with boltpistol and power weapon
(being the only member of the regiment from off planet, he was quoted lamenting "Why did I have to be assigned to HERE?"

Dave "That's My Daddy's Rifle" McCoy:
veteran with master crafted lasgun

"Jumpy" Bill McCoy:
veteran with shotgun and surveyor. last quote "shhh... I think there be Varmints in them their bushes!"

"Scary" Dan McCoy:
veteran with frag grenades, shotgun. "Ever see what a grenade can do to a fishpond boy? HOoooo-WHEE!"

"Coffin" Zeke:
veteran medic with bionics, bolt pistol, ccw.
A quote heard from Jumpy Bill:"Yeah he can even build you one of those cyber-necks like his if ya don't quit smoking them cigars!"

-----
Antitank squad (95 points)
3 missile launchers
"It's just them kids lightin off fireworks again"

-------
thus ends the command squad

Next...
ELITE
The Hatfield Brothers who live in the grain mill on the other side of the swamp:
ogryns (3) 75 points
"I hear their family be in bread"
------

this one is the one I had the most fun with:

FAST ATTACK:
Once again a quote from Jumpy Bill McCoy: "Old Man Mathersby up on the hill, yeah we always hear these wierd sounds coming from his shack. What's he building in there? And I hear these scary clomping sounds off in the swamp when he goes out at night... I saw this blinding flash in my eyes and then it got all foggy, and Old Man Mathersby was gone by the time I got done coughing. He scares off a lot of the kids, he must be building something crazy in that there shack..."

Old Man Mathersby and his Amazing Snake Oiled Legs:
90 point Sentinel:
autocannon
armored crew
cammo netting
extra armor
Hunter Killer Missile
Rough Terrain Mod.
Searchlight
Smoke Launcher

----
TROOPS
conscripted from the (occasionally) hired hands used to clear away brush or dead crops from potential useable land.
------
INF platoon

command:
JO with lp/ccw (chainsaw)
flamer
mortar

troops:
2 squads with lasguns, mortar, and flamer
-------
ARMORED FIST
chim with 2 hvy flamers, smoke launcher
9 "work release from the local penitentiary" prisoners with lasguns
1 sarge with shotgun
-i with I could find a schoolbus-looking toy about the same size as a chim so I could paint it drab grey and use as the local prison bus, but for now my chim will have to do. Also, I have considered painting black and white striped 'convict' uniforms on a few minis many times before (I just love the idea of "penal" squads) - something like "Oh Brother Where Art Thou" suits.

Oh yeah 1 more thing....
Leman 155 points with a Lascannon in the hull,

( the only intact piece of equipment from the crashed imperial dropship intended to found this regiment, who are now their only defense.
Quote from Commissar Klytus (the only other survivor):"Finally SOMETHING that makes sense on this backwards hootenany of a planet!" (the word "Hootenany" he learned from Scary Dan McCoy)

so there it is. I doubt if that master-crafted lasgun will ever be useful, but dice are dice and these good old boys definitely deserve the spirit award, if not the brains award. Hope I could give you all a chuckle. ;D >

one last modification to this post:
WH fantasy halflings (I have a few in a box somewhere) don't wear shoes... hmm... a grubby, barefoot, chubby little poor kids-with-their-pop's rifles out hunting for varmints... could count as Ratlings. Maybe a homemade standard with a raccoon tail looking thing on it for "Hucklesawyers's Heroes" - a name he though up all by himself of course for his little gang of bucktoothed dirty little inbreds) would be hillarious - but I have to flip around a few poinst - well, no I guess I probably don't have to really. I doubt if any serious opponent would even bother to count up most of this poor little militia's points, but just to be sporty - but there is no way Dave McCoy will get rid of his dad's rifle - I'll ditch the Leman before that.
Old 11 Jan 2006, 18:47   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: as promised: the silly army at 1000 points

hahahaha ROFL,
i really suport fluffy list like this they are great fun,
yaaahuuck

Praise be to the Omnissiah.url=http://www.pickle-green.com/egraphics/main.php?id=eggs][/url]
Old 11 Jan 2006, 19:09   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Kudos on such an origional idea. Im not sure how effective this would be but it looks like some fun. Deffinetly worthy of some laughs. Are you going to convert the models to fit with your fluff?

Old 11 Jan 2006, 19:17   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash113
Kudos on such an origional idea. Im not sure how effective this would be but it looks like some fun. Deffinetly worthy of some laughs. Are you going to convert the models to fit with your fluff?
catachans work just fine as good ole boys (skinheads, bandanas, 'wife-beater' tank tops and so on), but i do need to figure out the straw hat for the sherriff and the prison bus - the chim looks just too high tech for its fluff. Effective is not the goal here, but like I said dice are dice and I do have some common sense troops in there (noteably the ogryns, missile launchers, and leman). Yeah theres a lot of points wasted on sentinel and command 'veterans' (hahaha) with their shotguns and assorted garbage items, but I think it will make for a fun game and allow me to speak in silly voices throughout the evening as I give orders to my units.
Old 11 Jan 2006, 19:20   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to wonderboy

wow. that is a very interesting list you have there.

2000 points
1500 points
my army lists.
Old 11 Jan 2006, 20:07   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Elessar

if you want you can add rough terrain mods to your russ and pass it off as commissars kyltuses 'customized' tracktor. another idea, for efectiveness, is throw in some bolters. "and on the third day, the emperor invented the Linchester Mk3 blunderbus so that man could fight tha gators. And tha mut'nts." but thats just me.
Another idea you could try is rough ruiders. you could have one or two guys on horses with state police uniforms and hunting shotguns(like in brother where are thou) and a bunch of hunting dogs(bloodhounds and such). usually used to round up any of the 'work release from the local penitentiary' memebers who try to make a run for it, but can pass off as scouts and light chavalery.
great idea, i see where you got the inspiration from.

Old 11 Jan 2006, 20:28   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Location: Florida, USA, Earth, Sola segumuntum, third arm of spiral milky way galaxy, the universe.

ROTFL.

and on tha' forth day, the emperor gave us some chem-inhalers so we can go Ye-Haw! and not lose our dander.
IE monshine.

Khanaris: Rocks and pointy sticks are inexpensive, easy to maintain, and require little training, and almost never malfunction. That hardly makes them a perfect weapon.

"I know not what world war three will be founght with, but world war four with be fought with sticks and stones."
Closed Thread