Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Evaluate my army
Closed Thread
Old 05 Jan 2006, 09:43   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Evaluate my army

THE JANUS ARMY: DEMONHUNTERS/IMPERIAL GUARD
When Inquisitor Bunny, a staunch puritan, visited the world of Janus under the suspicion that a daemonic entity was secretly gathering followers, so the inquisitor quickly commisioned an army for his use, the army happened to be the most influencial gang in Janus, and half the reason they helped was the daemon was actually the leader of the biggest rival, the Triads. the gang has proved their worth millions of times over, so the inquisitor kept them as his personal army, along with a small batalion of grey knights.

so how do you like it?

"War may sometimes seem a necessary evil, but no matter how necessary it is always an evil"
Jimmy Carter
Old 05 Jan 2006, 09:58   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: Evaluate my army

Very neat, however...

1. I dont see a whole gang leavng the planet especially once they eliminate their rival and take control of the underground. They seem more wanting to stay and rule "their world". They would join Inquisitor RabbitAss to get rid of the Triads but i dont see them as eager recruits. But hey maybe they are immigrant workers (therefore no families or community history) in origin who formed a gang for defense originally so that they could survive as outsiders. Then they would join Bunny to take down the oppressve Triads AND leave with him to get out of that hellhole! It would also be neat to see a little bit of corruption in bunny (because its a bit odd for an inquisitor to keep a standing army, and he could use them to start strong-arming his way into having a mafia-like influence over the system. Power corrupts, always!)

2. only a minor point but inquisitors dont keep grey knights, they call upon them in times of need and they go back when the job is done.

screw it, put some Warrior Weapons on em and send them out to battle! I assume you are willing to order copious amounts of Necromunda minis?
Old 05 Jan 2006, 10:09   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeighBusiness
Very neat, however...

1. I dont see a whole gang leavng the planet especially once they eliminate their rival and take control of the underground. They seem more wanting to stay and rule "their world". They would join Inquisitor RabbitAss to get rid of the Triads but i dont see them as eager recruits. But hey maybe they are immigrant workers (therefore no families or community history) in origin who formed a gang for defense originally so that they could survive as outsiders. Then they would join Bunny to take down the oppressve Triads AND leave with him to get out of that hellhole! It would also be neat to see a little bit of corruption in bunny (because its a bit odd for an inquisitor to keep a standing army, and he could use them to start strong-arming his way into having a mafia-like influence over the system. Power corrupts, always!)

2. only a minor point but inquisitors dont keep grey knights, they call upon them in times of need and they go back when the job is done.

screw it, put some Warrior Weapons on em and send them out to battle! I assume you are willing to order copious amounts of Necromunda minis?
1. Inquisitor Bunny, call him rabbitass and i will reach through the internet and kick yo ass.
2. If they had sufficient reason they would go offworld, say the inquisitor had reason to kill them all because of past crimes, and the inquisitor promised ammnesty for all crimes.
3. they are bringing smuggled goods that they didn't tell the inquisitor about, the stuff is worth millions and they left part of there army around to keep things happenin,

"War may sometimes seem a necessary evil, but no matter how necessary it is always an evil"
Jimmy Carter
Old 05 Jan 2006, 10:47   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquisitor Bunny
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeighBusiness
Very neat, however...

1. Inquisitor Bunny, call him rabbitass and i will reach through the internet and kick yo ass.
2. If they had sufficient reason they would go offworld, say the inquisitor had reason to kill them all because of past crimes, and the inquisitor promised ammnesty for all crimes.
3. they are bringing smuggled goods that they didn't tell the inquisitor about, the stuff is worth millions and they left part of there army around to keep things happenin,
Didnt mean to insult Sir Bunny

Okay, from the point of view that they have ulterier motives i agree with you. Have you thought about using the Last Chacers rules (but making them generic characters)?
Old 05 Jan 2006, 12:54   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Elessar

it would be extremely unlikely for an inquisitor to use both guardsmen and greyknights. anything that requires the attention of the greyknights will be so horribly evil that the inquisitor wouldnt bring along a bunch of gang members. Probably not full guardsmen either, unless the regiment is one o those hard a** crack commando regiments that ahve more stromtroopers than normal men.(sort of like the terrax guard). not to mention the greyknights ahve that whole secrecy thing, there is no possible way the inquisitor would let a mob of drugdealers know about, and fight with, greyknights.

Closed Thread