Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Tanith 1st and Only
Closed Thread
Old 09 Dec 2005, 08:34   #1 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to ForbiddenKnowledge
Default Tanith 1st and Only

Some one at my club has a force of Blood Pact, and I would like to do a force of Tanith. My questions are:
I am taking a independant commissar to represent Hark, do I have to give him cameleoline and Lt Infantry doctrine as he is not classed as advisor? In the books he has camo cloak. Can he infiltrate if the squad he joins has lt infantry, but he doesn't?
How can I convert an army? I'm thinking catachan jungle fighters, with green stuff cloaks, but the arms are too bulky. Any ideas?

This is all I can think of at the mo, but will post more as and when.
Cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.
Rafe is damn sexy once he gets into his night attire.
Old 09 Dec 2005, 09:09   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer
Default Re: Tanith 1st and Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForbiddenKnowledge
Some one at my club has a force of Blood Pact, and I would like to do a force of Tanith. My questions are:
I am taking a independant commissar to represent Hark, do I have to give him cameleoline and Lt Infantry doctrine as he is not classed as advisor? In the books he has camo cloak. Can he infiltrate if the squad he joins has lt infantry, but he doesn't?
Pretty much. The IC represents Hark, so not giving him LI or Cameleoline would be justifiable.

Quote:
How can I convert an army? I'm thinking catachan jungle fighters, with green stuff cloaks, but the arms are too bulky. Any ideas?
Please don't... I hate Catachan-Tanith conversions. Use the official models.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 09 Dec 2005, 09:18   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Scout Sergeant Mkoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
Quote:
Pretty much. The IC represents Hark, so not giving him LI or Cameleoline would be justifiable.
Yeah, he's right about this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
Quote:
Please don't... I hate Catachan-Tanith conversions. Use the official models.
He's got a point, these don't always work out too well, unless you're good at converting. I'd recommend getting the actual Tanith models, the only problem being thatit works out to be quite expensive and so it may take you quite a while to get the army.
Oh come on, just because I'm carrying around the joy of killing your family, doesn't mean we still can't be friends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kara Thrace
Ah, I'm minnie, meaning I'm sexy, badass, and will happily shoot you in the back.

Damn, I hope I don't get quoted calling myself sexy. :funny:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.
Old 09 Dec 2005, 09:25   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Brilliant. Time is not a worry, money, well yeah but if I only get a few at a time sort of thing.
More questions then:
I agree about hark, but he does get camo cloak in books, and I don't want the squad he joins to not infiltrate.
Secondly, what about the characters in chapter approved and website? They should not always join Gaunts Squad, and I am quite happy to use the basic rules for officers etc, so what to do?
Thirdly, where is the website with all the names of the soldiers? I can't remember where.
Other than these, I have a pretty good idea how my list will be, I just have not written it yet.
Cheers.

Quote:
Old 09 Dec 2005, 10:38   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Scout Sergeant Mkoll

OK, I recommend using Mkoll with a squad to infiltrate, possibly with a couple of special weapons, meltas are especially useful given the range they'll be at.

Put Rawne in Gaunt's squad, keep Bragg at the back with a heavy weapon, preferably a heavy bolter or an assault cannon.

The wesite for the chapter approved characters is: http://uk.games-workshop.com/chapter...unts%2Dghosts/.

There are other characters, Gaunt is in the Guard codex, and I should be able to get my hands on the rules for some other characters. I'll let you know if I can find any.
Oh come on, just because I'm carrying around the joy of killing your family, doesn't mean we still can't be friends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kara Thrace
Ah, I'm minnie, meaning I'm sexy, badass, and will happily shoot you in the back.

Damn, I hope I don't get quoted calling myself sexy. :funny:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.
Old 09 Dec 2005, 15:19   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Try this link for easy to make cloaks.
Its a hell of a lot cheaper than using green stuff and gets good results.

http://www.thelastalliance.com/index...&artilceid=231

I know its LOTR but it works really well!
Old 09 Dec 2005, 17:40   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to the ginger omen

Quote:

This is all I can think of at the mo, but will post more as and when.
Cheers.
i've just finished my tanith army, i used the commisar from the last chancers and took the lasgun from his bottom hand and gave him a plasma pistol and ive used catchans with green stuff its quite good im gonna be posting pics soon, good luck

"For the emporor Ragnar?"
"NO, for me"

svene days in sunny june-jamiraqui
jenny was a friend of mine-the killers
wiseman-James Blunt
Feel goon inc.- the gorilaz (who's first albulm was amazing)
Old 10 Dec 2005, 16:18   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Kais

well, here's some of Ginger's models:
http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=12670.0

to be honest i dont really liek the catchan-tanith convertions, the dont look much like Tanith in my opinion. if you can afford it- go for a REAL tanith army

>>Latest Sig<<
Old 11 Dec 2005, 10:45   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

Thanks for those pics, they helped. What I may do is use fully converted cadians to stand in til I can afford to replace them all with Tanith models, the main thing now is:
1. Should I use the rules for the characters thay have made? Or, as they are not meant to all be with Gaunt, should I just name regulars? As I'm pretty sure I can't replace a normal guardsmen in a platoon with larkin and pay the points for him, can I?

2. Hark. Mostly sorted, but a, he has a camo cloak in the books, and b, If I don't pay the +x pts to give him the correct doctrines, can he still join a squad and infiltrate? I don't want one squad left behind because of him.
Virtually sorted now, thanks to you all. I'll start thrashing out the list soon.

Quote:
Old 11 Dec 2005, 17:11   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Kais

I would guess you could take all of the tanith special chars and attach the to squads. You'd probs have to ask your opponant, but It sounds acceptable

>>Latest Sig<<
Closed Thread