Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Hunter Killer missiles
Closed Thread
Old 01 Dec 2005, 05:15   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Send a message via AIM to Dr. Tactics
Default Hunter Killer missiles

buddy of mine is making an IG army list and he is curious about how the hunter killer missiles work. Can they only be used once per game or once per game per unit? Can multiple units be equiped with hunter killers?
Old 01 Dec 2005, 05:22   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff
Default Re: Hunter Killer missiles

HK missiles are used once per game per unit and may be equipped to multiple units.

You could take a squad of three sentinels each with a HK missile. They may all fire at once but thats it. there all gone. they could fire seperatly and be depleted one by one. but a HK missile has only a single use and unlimited range
Old 01 Dec 2005, 08:20   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

Just as a clarification; a vehicle may never have more than one Hunter-Killer Missile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 01 Dec 2005, 08:51   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

What are peoples opinions on HK missiles? Do you think that they are worth having?
Old 01 Dec 2005, 08:54   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

They are worth having if it ties in with your fluff or your playing on EXTREMELY long table. other wise i don't see them as a nessesity and there are much cheaper yet better items avalible.
Old 01 Dec 2005, 09:41   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

I don't like them myself; considering they miss half the time, they're pretty expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 01 Dec 2005, 12:23   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I think it depends on what you're shooting. 4 HK missiles to take out a razorback is a bargain. 2 HK missiles to take out a sentinel is questionable. Shooting them at anything over AV12 is retarded. I take 6 of them when I field lots of sentinels, and they generally take out an enemy vehicle on turn one, which is nice. Even better, you fire them one at a time (unless they're in the same unit, like a 3-vehicle sentinel squadron), so if the first one does the job, you can save the rest for a less-important target. But if you take them at all, take a lot. 1-2 HK missiles, like 1-2 sentinels, won't do the job, and will usually be a waste of points. But 8 of them? Even at the cost of an IG squad, it's usually going to down a pair of non-skimmer transports...which is priceless. They're great against other IG, orks, space marines (if shot at side armor on tanks, or transports, or assault marines), necrons (save them for the coup de gras against nearly wiped out squads to prevent WBB) and some chaos. Leave them at home versus tau and eldar. Don't know about nids.

Quote:
"Cheese for the cheese god! More wins for Pwn!"
Old 02 Dec 2005, 02:20   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Send a message via AIM to Dr. Tactics

and i was worried about employing my monilith in a game against my friend who is using a total mechanized approach. he says his friend army is gonna have like 5 demolishers, 3 sentinals, and a basilisk, all of which will most likely be equiped with HK missiles. Now i know a monilith's armor is 14av but, if im gonna be playing him and hes gonna be dishing out all that firepower at the monilith i think its gonna be trashed.
Old 02 Dec 2005, 02:24   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to ilveIG159

Each missile u can use once per game

War is simply galaxy's hygiene.
Old 02 Dec 2005, 02:27   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

ilveIG156... that has already been stated don't post unless you need to put somthing forward that hasn't been said.

Dr. Tactics... Simple... don't take your Monolith and swap it for lots of warriors or other special units. if he has a fully mech army your crons are gonna rip through it. Take as many scarabs with D-Feilds as you can to take care of any vechile with cheap and disposable units.