Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

need help 3000pts of AC vs 3000 tau/chaos
Closed Thread
Old 22 Nov 2005, 04:42   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default need help 3000pts of AC vs 3000 tau/chaos

there is a 3000 pt tourny coming up, I am playing with a friend who has chaos. The tourny should be fun, but there is one big problem, the guy that runs the club is entering as well, and he collects forge world armoured company. SO knowing my luck I will have to play against 3000 pts of fw armoured company. I know that one of the tactics the AC use is psychological, making the opponent scared because of the two or three vanquishers sitting in deployment, but thing is, if you avoid the scaryness of the vanquisher, you can still underestimate the army.

in short, what is the best way to beat a FW AC

If it helps i have...

Tau commander
Aun&#39;shi
cc killer Daemon prince

cc killer khorne chosen (to be mounted in land raider)
2x units of anti-inf/light tank crisis suits
stealths

3x units of fire warriors
cc chaos marines in rhino
bolter chaos marines

chaos land raider
x3 units of single broadsides
chapter approved carnosaur

plz help me, point out weaknesses and the like (eg. take out AC inf support)
My WIP Prussian themed Imperial Guard Army - Because you&#39;ve all asked for it!

JAGGED ALLIANCE &#39;09 - Bottled in Scotland (please enjoy responsibly) - Tau Empire
ARCANACON &#39;10 - PWNaVIC - Tau Empire: Veteran Cadre Pegasus - The Dal&#39;yth Oldbloods
BAMBASH - Shas&#39;El von Richthofen&#39;s Flying Circus - Tau Empire - Allied with Imperial Guard

- I survived the SEBF 24hr Painting Challenge!
- One of the last surviving members of the Blue Lake Battlegroup at Compton Hall :P
Old 22 Nov 2005, 05:16   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Aun’o Tash’var Shin’jin
Default Re: need help 3000pts of AC vs 3000 tau/chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shas O Dalyth Montau
x3 units of single broadsides
now 1500pts "I WIN TAU" is the best bet against armoured company... 9 Broadsides, and a hell of alot of FW&#39;s crisis squads with fusion blasters would help too, just deep strike a squad with target lock down near his firebase, it&#39;ll scare the hell out of him...
Eidt by JD: I dunno how you managed to read it after the changes FT
Edit by AC: JD you&#39;ve spelt edit incorrectly...
Edit by WG: I just wanted to be part of the moment. :P
Old 22 Nov 2005, 06:41   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Elessar

you don&#39;t seem to have many tanks, so if he has 3 vanquishers your raider is going down first turn. which really isn&#39;t a problem since they become normal leman russes after that with not tanks to shoot at. exactly how many FW do you have? because any infantry he brings along will be a joke to your firewarriors, especialy if you have some chaos marines for cc support. for your bolter marines i would try an get in a lascannon in there, i play armour companies myself and i know nothing pi**ises us off more than a squad with anti-tank, because we all know that lascannon guy is going to be the last one to die. also try and spread your forces as wide as possible, this will mean when he moves his tanks he won&#39;t take far away units into consideration, leaving his flank exposed, and with chaos marines and broadsides passing the leadership test to target a far away tank shouldn&#39;t be too hard. so try to cross fire as much as possible. also, don&#39;t focus all your fire on one tank, you don&#39;t have to destroy it to neutralize it, almost any result you get on the table will mean he won&#39;t be shooting back next turn so if you try to target every tank, you might only destroy one, but the rest won&#39;t be doing much next turn.

Old 23 Nov 2005, 04:42   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I have 36 fw which I will have sitting in front of my 3 individual broadside units which will be placed strategically around my deployment zone so as to target the most important tanks eg. urgent russes and chimeras (so as to deprive the armoured company of its infantry support [i heard that is a weakness in the AC army, take out the infantry support])
My WIP Prussian themed Imperial Guard Army - Because you&#39;ve all asked for it!

JAGGED ALLIANCE &#39;09 - Bottled in Scotland (please enjoy responsibly) - Tau Empire
ARCANACON &#39;10 - PWNaVIC - Tau Empire: Veteran Cadre Pegasus - The Dal&#39;yth Oldbloods
BAMBASH - Shas&#39;El von Richthofen&#39;s Flying Circus - Tau Empire - Allied with Imperial Guard

- I survived the SEBF 24hr Painting Challenge!
- One of the last surviving members of the Blue Lake Battlegroup at Compton Hall :P
Closed Thread