Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Nasty Idea
Closed Thread
Old 20 Nov 2005, 01:41   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Location: Florida, USA, Earth, Sola segumuntum, third arm of spiral milky way galaxy, the universe.
Default Nasty Idea

I was waiting for a game to finish up, and i overheard the local Guru (Craftworld Fred) talking about makeing a mechanised guard army, based off a Russian Motor-rifle divison (reinforced) It was wicked, so im puting it up here:

Something like:
Everyone(squad) has a chimera, and totaling about 8 chimeras +Leman Russ or two. All vehciles have Hunter-Killer Missals.
>
advance in two coulmbs, the right colum firing to the left, and the left to the right...so you hit the enemy's flank armor and they hit your front! The 'stop drop and shock' and roll right throught them.

Sounds nasty, neh?

Khanaris: Rocks and pointy sticks are inexpensive, easy to maintain, and require little training, and almost never malfunction. That hardly makes them a perfect weapon.

"I know not what world war three will be founght with, but world war four with be fought with sticks and stones."
Old 20 Nov 2005, 01:45   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Aun’o Tash’var Shin’jin
Default Re: Nasty Idea

this would work i would use two conquerors at the front, followed by two hellhounds, and tons of Arm. Fist squads, infact i'm making up an army list right now...
Eidt by JD: I dunno how you managed to read it after the changes FT
Edit by AC: JD you've spelt edit incorrectly...
Edit by WG: I just wanted to be part of the moment. :P
Old 20 Nov 2005, 02:02   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Location: Florida, USA, Earth, Sola segumuntum, third arm of spiral milky way galaxy, the universe.

For the motherland!
errr...Empress! er....emperor?
(commisinar shots soldier.)

I guess a Chimera looks kinda like a BRT.

Khanaris: Rocks and pointy sticks are inexpensive, easy to maintain, and require little training, and almost never malfunction. That hardly makes them a perfect weapon.

"I know not what world war three will be founght with, but world war four with be fought with sticks and stones."
Old 20 Nov 2005, 02:11   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Aun’o Tash’var Shin’jin

Doctrines: Mechanized, Close Order Drill, Die-Hards, Leman Russ Conqueror, Leman Russ Conqueror.
(obviously Conquerors don't cost a doctrine point each but it makes you opponent more likely to say yes you can play them...)

HQ

Command Squad - 249pts

SO with Storm Bolter.
Medic With Bolter.
Regimental Standard Bearer with Bolter.
2 Grenade Launchers.
Commissar with Bolt Pistol, Chainsword.
Close Order Drill, Die-Hards.

Chimera with Turret Multi-Laser, Hull Heavy Bolter, Hunter Killer Missile.

TROOPS

Infantry Platoon

Command Squad - 177pts

JO with Bolter.
Medic With Bolter.
3 Grenade Launchers.

Infantry Squad - 168pts
Sgt. with Lasgun.
8 Lasguns.
Grenade Launcher.

Infantry Squad - 168pts
Sgt. with Lasgun.
8 Lasguns.
Grenade Launcher.

Arm. Fist Squad - 168pts
Sgt. with Lasgun.
8 Lasguns.
Grenade Launcher.

FAST ATTACK

Hellhound - 125pts

Turret Inferno Cannon, Hull Heavy Bolter, Hunter Killer Missile.

Hellhound - 125pts
Turret Inferno Cannon, Hull Heavy Bolter, Hunter Killer Missile.

HEAVY SUPPORT

Leman Russ Conqueror - 160pts

Turret Conqueror Cannon, Hull Heavy Bolter, Sponson Heavy Bolters.

Leman Russ Conqueror - 160pts
Turret Conqueror Cannon, Hull Heavy Bolter, Sponson Heavy Bolters.

1500pts

basically in a column as you decribed with Conquerors at the front, Hellhounds behind that followed by the Chimmie's, aim for the softest part of thier battle line, tank shock with the Conquerors, then burn away with the Hellhounds, unload all troops, thier Die-Hards/COD/Regimental standard combo will keep them there, then form a line of tanks to sweep the remnants up...
Eidt by JD: I dunno how you managed to read it after the changes FT
Edit by AC: JD you've spelt edit incorrectly...
Edit by WG: I just wanted to be part of the moment. :P
Old 20 Nov 2005, 12:36   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Elessar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SqurielLord
advance in two coulmbs, the right colum firing to the left, and the left to the right...so you hit the enemy's flank armor and they hit your front!
that doesnt really make sense, if the enemy is to your right, why not ahve the right clumn fire right and left column fire left, same result, less confusion/hitting your own guys. if the enemy is infront of you then all they ahve to do is have the guys on their right fire left and the guys on their left fire right, meaning you will both be hitting the falnk, expect for the fact that your advancing meaning the enemy will have more accuracy and rifepower due to being stationary.

E=enemy
U=you
E E E E E E E

U U
U U
U U
U U
the enemy hits your flanks, you hit the front

E U U E
E U U E
E U U E

enemy hits your flanks you hit fron or flanks if they are moving aswell

Old 20 Nov 2005, 14:00   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

No...he's talking about crossing fires. What he doesn't take proper account of is that if I can shoot enemy side armor, the enemy can shoot my side armor....to some extent at least. At best, you'll get side shots on all enemy vehicles, while the enemy only gets a side shot on each lead vehicle (which should be a tank, anyway). Your columns are on the edges of the board, trying to get to both of his flanks simultaneously. If you only go up one flank, the enemy can easily turn front armor to you. Going up both guarantees side shots no matter which way he turns.

I'd recommend demolishers for the tanks leading each column. They have AV13 on the side (believe me, the tanks will get shot at, and the transports ignored, if the transports are showing AV12 armor to the enemy!), their S10 gun will demolish any opposition in the unloading zone, and it's exactly what they're designed for, fluff-wise.

x x x x x x
O O

O O

O O

The "X" are enemy vehicles, the O are friendly. The first friendly in each column is oriented straight ahead and is a tank. The rest of each column is chimeras, oriented towards the opposite corner. That way the enemy only gets to target frontal armor, except for the lead vehicle, which has its flank exposed to enemies on the opposite side of the board.

Quote:
"Cheese for the cheese god! More wins for Pwn!"
Old 20 Nov 2005, 14:15   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Thanks for explaining it better...do i get karma for this? Its not my idea but still...

Old 20 Nov 2005, 14:19   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

in that postition the enemy gets just as many flank shots, maybe more.
x x x x
"
O " O
"
O " O
"
O " O
basicly the enemy can cross shoot aswell meaning you'll be in the same position as him, except he wont be advaning meaning more firepower. also if he groups his tanks into very tight formations you won't be able to see his side armour as it is covered by another tank creating a solid av14 line, while you in the columns are exposing your side armour to the world. also any infiltrators with anti-tank weapons will eat you alive. not to mention you will have to pass a leadership test to fire at a tank that isn't closest to you.

Old 20 Nov 2005, 14:50   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

The idea is that 8 H-K will mess up the ememy enough to stop that.

Old 20 Nov 2005, 18:28   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by SqurielLord
The idea is that 8 H-K will mess up the ememy enough to stop that.
against leman russes? theres about a 50/50 chance it'll kill one tank

Closed Thread