Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

vallhalens
Closed Thread
Old 17 Nov 2005, 14:09   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Grunt90 Send a message via MSN to Grunt90 Send a message via Yahoo to Grunt90
Default vallhalens

what if i wanted to start a valhalen army, could i use regular imperial guard? or would i have to buy special units or something.

"Horn and hoof, power is there. Not feeble smoothskin, clumsy greenskin, wicked elf-swine. Gor is strong, Gor is true. Gor shall kill all, slay all for the gods!"

Beastlord Gorthor

Survivor of the 06' Battle Royale!
Old 17 Nov 2005, 14:19   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer
Default Re: vallhalens

To play Valhallans, you need to use Valhallen models.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 17 Nov 2005, 16:39   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Elessar

you can use any models you want(IG models that is) and still use the same doctrines. you can say they're valhallans but its a bit unfluffy to use cadians models for it, most people wont midn though.

Old 17 Nov 2005, 20:37   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elessar
you can use any models you want(IG models that is) and still use the same doctrines. you can say they're valhallans but its a bit unfluffy to use cadians models for it, most people wont midn though.
I really disagree with that. Claiming Cadians are Valhallan is as bad as putting down an Ork army and saying "oh, these are Tau".

Quote:
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 17 Nov 2005, 21:27   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elessar
I really disagree with that. Claiming Cadians are Valhallan is as bad as putting down an Ork army and saying "oh, these are Tau".
I believe he meant paint them in a winter scheme and say thats their new uniform and add fur cloaks with greenstuff moddeled as the fur
Old 17 Nov 2005, 21:28   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

Yes... and I can say my Tau were just born really ugly, and their guns are all home made.

Quote:
Old 17 Nov 2005, 21:30   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
Yes... and I can say my Tau were just born really ugly, and their guns are all home made.
Look stop having goes at me, what did i do? :'( :'(i was just giving a sugestion to stop him having to pay a trillion buks for a metal army
Old 17 Nov 2005, 21:41   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to arguleon-veq

I think the same applies in this thread as the other.

If the conversions look Valhallen enough, then they are Valhallen.

If someone used Cadian rules and Valhallen doctrines, but had their own regiment name etc [I.E didnt claim they are Valhallen] I'd be fine with that. If they used plain Cadians and said they are Valhallen, Id tell the player they aren't but would play them anyway.

So, as long as the conversion is good enough, or you usethe rules but not claim they are something that is already firmly established in the fluff if they dont look anything like the established thing. Then I'm fine with it.
Old 22 Nov 2005, 21:06   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Chton

Well I have begun a Valhallan themed army using a mix of valhallan and cadian models.
I based my models on WWII Russian uniforms. Laying first a layer of bestial brown, then a layer of snakebite layer, then a
layer of a 25/75 mix of skull white and snakebite. The cadian models would look like russian conscripts and the valhallan models
could be placed in own squads as "winter warriors". I'm satisfied with my results. And some green stuff here and there helps
too.
Closed Thread