Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

777th Lost and found a 750 point IG force
Old 06 Nov 2005, 08:49   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default 777th Lost and found a 750 point IG force

777th Pohjolan infantry (The lost and found)
The 777th was fought lost in combat against the orks of Charadon on an forested planet fought over. The Regiments name was put onto the shrines at Pohjola and the Sisters of the Order of the Lily put every name on the regimental list up as holy martyr of the Emperors.
After a time, the fighting on the Forest planet went back and forth, a Mission form the Order of the Lily was sent out to try and recover some relics from the lost regiment.
They made planetfall and discovered a battlefield littered with fallen orks. But this was traces of a recent combat, in an area where no Imperial troops where said to be. Many orks where killed by multiple lasshots and bayonetwounds, signs pointing towards guard units and not to some possible hit and run attack from the Adeptus Astares.

As the Sisters widened their search, a tattered unit of guardsmen emerged from the woods with shouts and praises to the Emperor. They where the survivors of the 777th who had fought a constant guerillacampaign ever since they had been cut off. Their numbers had fallen but their resolve had remained the same.
After an imidiate airlift was made with the help of Inquisitorial vessels the survivors was shipped back home to Pohjola and paraded through the Captial with the Order of the Lily providing a Colour guard of Celestians, the Regiment was reinconstructed and got their honour name 777th Pohjolan "The lost and found"

Doctrines:
Iron discipline (ID)
Light infantry (LI)
Xenos fighters:Orks
Veterans
Cameleoline (Camo)

HQ
Colonel Vielma
Mortar ID, LI, Camo 105

Troops
Leutenant Schaller, ID, Bolt pistol
3 Meltas, Veteran with bolt pistol, close combat weapon and meltabombs
LI & Camo 102

1th Squad
Vet.Sgt with Bolter, Heavy bolter, Grenade launcher, LI & Camo 105

2nd Squad
Vet.Sgt with Bolter, Heavy bolter, Grenade launcher, LI & Camo 105

Armoured fist squad
Vet.Sgt with Storm bolter, Autocannon, Plasma, Camo
Chimera with Multilas, Heavy bolter, Heavy stubber & Extra armour 208

Elites
Veteran anti-tank squad
6 veterans with Vet.Sgt Järv with Storm bolter, 3 Plasma guns, lascannon, LI & Camo 123

748 points

I will not issue the Xenos fighter points until my son gets his orks. Until then the doctrine is for fluff.

My blog: http://mattiknife.wordpress.com
Ra´Meses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Nov 2005, 09:33   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: 777th Lost and found a 750 point IG force

Nice fluff! My pessimistic view leads me to think the "tripple seven" would be charged with all sorts of crimes, starting with desertion...evidence of their continued fight be damned.

Quote:
"Cheese for the cheese god! More wins for Pwn!"
march10k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Nov 2005, 10:24   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Elessar

nice fluff, have you though of having some indoctrinated sisters of battle. or are you focusing your army on the time during the guerrilla war and not after.

Elessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Nov 2005, 14:58   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Since they got their name after the campaign, it is goin to be an army of the present. And yes, they will fight with Sisters of Battle as allies. They have protection from Ordo hereticus and the Adepta Sororitas, so any disspleased general will have to shut up...

They will fight the orks again in the future, but the most imidiate enemy is a Space marine chapter that has disspleased the Ordo hereticus.

Old 06 Nov 2005, 15:25   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I love it. What good background fluff. ;D

I esspecially like trhe use of Ork Fighters just becuase of fluff.. it seems harder and harder to find people willing to make sacrifices to have a kind of character to thier army.

Hail Olianus Pious! Patron Saint of the Imperial Guard! Savior of the Emperor!
Trillian_1369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Nov 2005, 18:13   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

something about the flavor of the regimental background makes me think 'die hards'. perhaps it is not cost effective but it cetrainly gives the guys that against-all-odds theme. i really like the army idea though. except that it lacks the 12 sentinels and hidden powerfist conscript squads that all army should have
Old 06 Nov 2005, 21:46   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Well, they will get a sentinel or two, since I think they fitt the theme, and I will get a lone Russ to be used as the mother of all targets for the enemy while my boys sneak into good firing positions.

I played a 1250 point game with them this evening using my SoB as allies. My sons smurfs kicked my ass in the end but it cost him in blood. My veterans did quite well and overall I was happy with the performance of my guardsmen.

Old 07 Nov 2005, 08:31   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenix
something about the flavor of the regimental background makes me think 'die hards'. perhaps it is not cost effective but it cetrainly gives the guys that against-all-odds theme. i really like the army idea though. except that it lacks the 12 sentinels and hidden powerfist conscript squads that all army should have*
Hehehe...that is pretty nasty...although I despise S6 powerfists...much better to field a S3 power weapon. Eyes get as big as dinner plates when I unpack a suitcase full of sentinels (9), three pie-plate chuckers, and two chimeras...14 vehicles in 2000 points (could go 17 if I bring 12 sentinels, but I'd have to drop the ogryns down to armored fist to find the points)...it gets pretty ugly.

Quote:
"Cheese for the cheese god! More wins for Pwn!"
march10k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Nov 2005, 10:10   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to wyrd_ian

This is an excellent example of good sportsmanship*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra´Meses
Well, they will get a sentinel or two, since I think they fitt the theme, and I will get a lone Russ to be used as the mother of all targets for the enemy while my boys sneak into good firing positions.

I played a 1250 point game with them this evening using my SoB as allies. My sons smurfs kicked my ass in the end but it cost him in blood. My veterans did quite well and overall I was happy with the performance of my guardsmen.
I've had a smellier idea with a guard army of pirate/ cowboys with a mad max theme! lots of chimeras as well as a few VDR verticals.
-Disney: He's the puppet master, both our damnation and salvation. He rewards our successes and punishes us for our hubris (often in subtle but horrible ways). I suggest we do our best not to anger him, he is the greatest asset to our campaign and potentially the most fearsome foe we'll ever face.
wyrd_ian is offline   Reply With Quote