Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

beating an armoured company
Closed Thread
Old 27 Oct 2005, 13:36   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default beating an armoured company

now i had no idea where to post this.
but at my local gamesworkshop on the vets night, we are running a sabbat world crusade (based of the gaunts ghost books)
well I'm playing chaos guard using the standard guard list. with one altercation (no commies priest or psyker but i get asp champs from the EoT codex)

now i made a well rounded guard army that's is almost all infantry (2 things in my army have armour values a sentinel attached to my HQ and a bassie)

i have a heavy weapon platton with 2 ML armed squads and about 3 lasscannons in command squads
cos my guard are more for lets move forward and give 'em hell of fire then charge whats left, hence taking die hards as a doctrine choice.,

any help other than concentrate fire would be very very helpful
Old 27 Oct 2005, 14:29   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Elessar
Default Re: beating an armoured company

if your playing against an armoured company i wouldn't put the lascannons in command squads for two reasons
1) you enemy hates lascannons so will aim at the com squads, having a 70 point HSO take a pie plate to the face isn't healthy for imps.
2) the enemy only has to kill 5 guys to make you lascannon useless, as opposed to 10 in a normal squad.
beating armoured companies is very easy if you know they are comming, what i like is plenty of one man armageddon sentinel squads. also if your playing against an armoured company theres not much point to the basilisk. Its great for chewing up heavy infantry like crisis suits and SMurfs but useless against tanks unless you nail them perfectly. If you don't mind being slightly(slightly hehe) powergamerish you can just stock up on masses of lascannons, its gonna be easy to win but don't expect to maek any friends. and its not much fun either. What i do against them is stormtroopers with meltas in chimeras. sure the chimera gets ripped appart and the troopers run over but man is it fun.

Old 27 Oct 2005, 14:41   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

You only have 9 anti-armor weapons? And 2/3 of them are only missiles? This would be about right if you expected to face 2-3 vehicles, and only 1-2 of them tanks...but against armored company? You're looking at around 9 vehicles, and most of them will be AV14... I guess you'll have to make do. Spread the lascannons and missile launchers around as much as you can, so you improve your chances of getting side shots on those tanks. Make sure you deploy them in cover. Shoot the basilisk at concentrated vehicles, so if it scatters off of one of them, it has a chance at another one. Kill any chimeras first, he's going to be extremely short on infantry, make him pay for that by forcing them to get out and walk...while being shot at, of course. He's going to have so may pie plates, it'll make your head hurt. On the other hand, those tanks will block each other's line of sight, move your troops to use his tanks to block for you, that way he could end up with 1-2 tanks that don't have anything to shoot at. Good luck!

Quote:
"Cheese for the cheese god! More wins for Pwn!"
Old 27 Oct 2005, 16:29   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by march10k
You only have 9 anti-armor weapons?* And 2/3 of them are only missiles?* This would be about right if you expected to face 2-3 vehicles, and only 1-2 of them tanks...but against armored company?* You're looking at around 9 vehicles, and most of them will be AV14.
the reason that 2/3 of my weapons are missiles is that this is a campaign army and has to last me the entire campaigned (we get resource like Dow to recoup losses) but i want an all rounded list because there is 1 armoured company and 4 full guard infantry armies and one marine army on the side of the imperium (the armoured company guy has a baneblade but we didn't play the points for him 2 be ables to take it

on the side of chaos there are 2 chaos marine armies 3 chaos guard (one blood pack) and a traitor armoured company which also has a baneblade
the reason i had no help is there was no fellow chaos teams in the area, leaving me to try and hold the planet on my own
ill post how it went 2moro
as i play tonight
Closed Thread