Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Question
Closed Thread
Old 21 Oct 2005, 01:04   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to SMRCommander
Default Question

I want to make a Cityfight Guard army. any suggestions/ I got to go somewhere, so I have to make this broef, so sorrry, bout the quickness and lacking of content.

Thinking of something appropriate to put into ym sig as of now...
Old 21 Oct 2005, 04:50   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to legio mortis
Default Re: Question

LOTS of infantry. Sentinels do well also.
But seriously, a Guardsman, I'm willing to bet, could a) outshoot me, b) give me the beating of my life, and c) shove more squad-based tactics down my throat than I'd ever care to digest. Guard are hard, hard men. Whether or not GW's inconsistent, Marine-worshipping fluff keeps with that, mkay?

Real men fight in tanks!

sig by Kais

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nox
Legio why do I always imagine you shouting when I read your posts? :P
Old 21 Oct 2005, 07:36   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Aun’o Tash’var Shin’jin

well if your playing mostly Tau, LatD, Imperial Guard, Nids, and Orks then you want a Hellhound .Period. a 24" flamer template comes into it's own, especially with it's stats... you will want flamers and heavy flamers, light infantry, CoD, and cameleoline works really well with cityfight, melta's are a good choice... but against SM's and what not, take plasma and lots of it, veteran squads are your friend in cityfight, use them.
Since you can split you squads in 2, i will give you a tip, keep the heavy weapon adn vox in one half and the special weapon and Sgt. in the other, works really well...
Eidt by JD: I dunno how you managed to read it after the changes FT
Edit by AC: JD you've spelt edit incorrectly...
Edit by WG: I just wanted to be part of the moment. :P
Old 21 Oct 2005, 17:26   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to wonderboy

vetrans do nicely, but light infantry is great. re roll dice aand snipers help in city fights, since mobility can be limited

2000 points
1500 points
my army lists.
Old 21 Oct 2005, 20:07   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

Three Hellhounds. These babies kick the shit out of everyone in cityfight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 22 Oct 2005, 17:46   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

depending on the size of the game, three might be a bit much...but take as many as feel right. in 1500, I'd go for two and a demolisher, actually.

Quote:
"Cheese for the cheese god! More wins for Pwn!"
Old 22 Oct 2005, 22:14   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

K...

I already planned the use of two hellhounds. I thought they would be of much use in a Cityfight, considering small spaces and a 24" Flamer.

I don't want to take Light Infantry as I want to use Cadian Trooper models. They don't look like Light Infantry. I also read Wargame's Tactica Imperium (great job ), and he said something similiar to that.

I do want to take Camoleoline, but if using Cadian troopers, how do I model that?

Instead of using Vets, I had thought of using infiltrating Storm Troopers...they seem to be very good. But Vets are obviously cheaper, and I could include more of them.

I was thinking; a demolisher might be good. Very strong power, and the short range doesnt hamper it as much in a city fight.

Thanks for the help, and please keep making suggestions. As of now I am making an army list.

Old 23 Oct 2005, 18:57   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

Flamers in your infantry squads, put a little cape around your soldiers for cameoline, Demolisher with plasmar cannons= > .

Now for your vet vs stormtrooper. It depends how you plan on using them. I take vets for the amount of special weapons+a heavy weapon, and take storm troops for holding the front line and suff. In city fight i would take the storm troopers with flamers and infiltration.
Old 23 Oct 2005, 19:33   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Hmm... You may want to limit AFVs. In Codex:Cityfight, Rowland Cox's tanks were blown to bits by a tankless Chaos force. How? There were lascannons and autocannons on rooftops, that could fire down onto the weak top armour. His hellhound and Chimera were both put out of the game. His hellhound was destroyed, and his Chimera was immobilized at the table edge. It had dual heavey flamers. It did nothing.
Also, if it isn't a Demolisher, top armour is 10. That can be destroyed with a bolter,sadly. You want slightly tough, very manueverable infantry, and you want your tanks to be armed with some flamers, not all. In the codex, the Heavey Flamer Sentinel was immobilized and couldn't shoot a thing!
You really need just a tank-light, infantry heavey, and about half your special weapons flamers and meltas.
Caachan would make a good choice as they have heavey flamers.

[img width=650 height=288]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a99/GeneralStankov/finalcopy.jpg[/img]
Old 23 Oct 2005, 23:28   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Cmdr. Stankov
Hmm... You may want to limit AFVs. In Codex:Cityfight, Rowland Cox's tanks were blown to bits by a tankless Chaos force. How? There were lascannons and autocannons on rooftops, that could fire down onto the weak top armour. His hellhound and Chimera were both put out of the game. His hellhound was destroyed, and his Chimera was immobilized at the table edge. It had dual heavey flamers. It did nothing.
Also, if it isn't a Demolisher, top armour is 10. That can be destroyed with a bolter,sadly. You want slightly tough, very manueverable infantry, and you want your tanks to be armed with some flamers, not all. In the codex, the Heavey Flamer Sentinel was immobilized and couldn't shoot a thing!
You really need just a tank-light, infantry heavey, and about half your special weapons flamers and meltas.
Caachan would make a good choice as they have heavey flamers.
And 6+ saves and 10 pts for a bonus I can't use.

Closed Thread