Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

kanak(sp?) skull thingys
Closed Thread
Old 18 Oct 2005, 17:26   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default kanak(sp?) skull thingys

is there any way to get old necromunda 'goliaths' plastics any more? i figure they are ideal for a warrior-weapons/hardened fighters squad, but i couldnt find a necromunda page at the GW online site. Has anyone ever tried to play an assault army like the Kanak, or is it just extra space in the back of the codex and a really bad idea? I guess if you combine ALL the regimental doctrines that add to close combat ability (hardened fight/ war weap./ close order/ ogryns/ die hards) might pull it off but this unorthodox angle on the guard who are traditionally a firepower army may surprise opponents but probably will just get you shot by a commissar for dumb army ideas. still i want to try it - this is why i dont win games very often.
Old 18 Oct 2005, 17:59   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Kais
Default Re: kanak(sp?) skull thingys

Kanak Skull Takers. you might pull it off. but it's not reccomended. for example, these not-so-ell-armed men arent likeley to have those tanks. nor will that have anti-tank so the idea of lading up in transport is out

also, there were plastics? heres the * metals

>>Latest Sig<<
Old 18 Oct 2005, 19:34   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Elessar

fluff wise an army like that is short from inpossible as the only anti-tank weapon they have is meltaguns. I'd go with hardened fighters chem-inhalers either warrior weapons or drop troops(i prefer drop troops) ogryn if you have them and close order drill. if you don't have ogryn you could try priests

Old 18 Oct 2005, 19:38   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Warrior Weapons is too pricey...what you want are Jungle Fighters (or Light Infantry; take a pick), Hardened Fighters, Special Weapons, Iron Discipline, and Veterans. Iron Discipline is cheaper, and works in more situations, special weapons lets you use Demo charges, Veterans lets you throw more hidden powerfists into the mix as well as kill off more baddies with Meltaguns (i.e. go hunt Crisis Suits). Use maybe 1 tank and that's it; your goal is to swamp him in cheap models to let hidden powerfists maul them, after softening him up with meltaguns, flamers, demo charges, etc. For anti-tank, use AT squads in jungle terrain.
Old 18 Oct 2005, 19:46   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to wonderboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicJuggler
what you want are Jungle Fighters (or Light Infantry; take a pick), Hardened Fighters, Special Weapons, Iron Discipline, and Veterans. Iron Discipline is cheaper, and works in more situations, special weapons lets you use Demo charges, Veterans lets you throw more hidden powerfists into the mix as well as kill off more baddies with Meltaguns (i.e. go hunt Crisis Suits).
you dont want jungle fighters. if you do, dont use any doctrines and play deathworld vets. LI and vetrans are very worthwhile. SW squads are fun, but you have to know what you want to do with them. iorn dicipline, to me, is a waste of points.

2000 points
1500 points
my army lists.
Old 18 Oct 2005, 20:50   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Lemee guess, it's because officers are vulnerable to fire, right? I said either Jungle Fighters or light infantry because of personal preference; one will allow infiltrate anywhere, but the other allows Heavy Flamers and mobility in a more specific scenario. An infiltrating command squad with 3 flamers and heavy flamer is sick if you can get it that close.

Iron Discipline works wonders if you attach a Commissar to the unit; INFORMATION REPRESSED Tell me that is not worth 5 points.

The other alternative is to combine Commissar Gaunt with Conscript Beastmen and Close Order Drill for masses of relatively cheap Strength 4 Initiative 5 attacks.
Old 21 Oct 2005, 17:23   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to wonderboy

Quote:
. An infiltrating command squad with 3 flamers and heavy flamer is sick if you can get it that close.
that will never happen. you cant have a heavy weapon and three special weapons. the best you can do would be to have 2 flamers and one heavy flamer, since the heavy still seeds the other model for support.

2000 points
1500 points
my army lists.
Old 22 Oct 2005, 20:46   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Lemee guess, it's because officers are vulnerable to fire, right? I said either Jungle Fighters or light infantry because of personal preference; one will allow infiltrate anywhere, but the other allows Heavy Flamers and mobility in a more specific scenario. An infiltrating command squad with 3 flamers and heavy flamer is sick if you can get it that close.

Iron Discipline works wonders if you attach a Commissar to the unit; INFORMATION REPRESSED Tell me that is not worth 5 points.

The other alternative is to combine Commissar Gaunt with Conscript Beastmen and Close Order Drill for masses of relatively cheap Strength 4 Initiative 5 attacks.
pardon my lack of many books but what the heck is a conscript beastman and what is it doing in a Guard army?
Old 23 Oct 2005, 07:48   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Aun’o Tash’var Shin’jin

abhumans doctrines, can't post the options here but it's chapter approved, so will be out with the new Book Of The Astronomicon
Eidt by JD: I dunno how you managed to read it after the changes FT
Edit by AC: JD you've spelt edit incorrectly...
Edit by WG: I just wanted to be part of the moment. :P
Closed Thread