Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Rogue IG
Closed Thread
Old 06 Oct 2005, 01:26   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Grunt90 Send a message via MSN to Grunt90 Send a message via Yahoo to Grunt90
Default Rogue IG

RIght now i am collecting Tau, but after i'm done collecting them, i was thinking of collecting Imperial guard. i like the fact im fighting for human side, and the massive tanks. but they have a " good guy feeling" just like the tau. so i was thinking of making some Rogue IG. like pirates sort of. There home world would be on some deserted moon behind some planet undetectable by most means. Granted they would have a limited Army list, but I could involve Mercs a whole lot. I'll have to thinka l ot more on colors, and fluff behind them but i think this would work out ok. just wanted to know what you all think of this idea.

"Horn and hoof, power is there. Not feeble smoothskin, clumsy greenskin, wicked elf-swine. Gor is strong, Gor is true. Gor shall kill all, slay all for the gods!"

Beastlord Gorthor

Survivor of the 06' Battle Royale!
Old 06 Oct 2005, 01:30   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to legio mortis
Default Re: Rogue IG

If you want to play IG, but dont want to be "good", then just do traitor guard. Get all guard units, except commissars, priests, and other obvious imperial units. There are rules in the Lost and the Damned codex.
But seriously, a Guardsman, I'm willing to bet, could a) outshoot me, b) give me the beating of my life, and c) shove more squad-based tactics down my throat than I'd ever care to digest. Guard are hard, hard men. Whether or not GW's inconsistent, Marine-worshipping fluff keeps with that, mkay?

Real men fight in tanks!

sig by Kais

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nox
Legio why do I always imagine you shouting when I read your posts? :P
Old 06 Oct 2005, 01:35   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

It's a good idea, coming up with backing fluff is always good for an IG army to differentiate between the billions of faceles goons with flashlights. *You could make use of abhumans like Ogryns, Xenos Mounts, and Ratlings to represent limited manpower and the need for bringing in vagabonds and vagrants to fill the ranks.

LaTD or Traitor guard is an option, but it's evil by neccesity and chaotic rather than simply rebel.
Old 06 Oct 2005, 01:40   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Grunt90 Send a message via MSN to Grunt90 Send a message via Yahoo to Grunt90

ya see, i was thinking more like rebels who hate the ways of ther emporer or something like that. but there not purely evil. they'll be likes mercs, fighting along side any army, granted they pay em well. But they will have a hint of evil. like fighting along dark eldar or chaos space marines by there own free will.
i just thought of something. do you think that i could use raided weapons and stuff like weapons i got off of dead orks or tau, and use em? and also for tanks, i'll have a limited amount of them but mostly i'll use raided tanks like the orks do.

"Horn and hoof, power is there. Not feeble smoothskin, clumsy greenskin, wicked elf-swine. Gor is strong, Gor is true. Gor shall kill all, slay all for the gods!"

Beastlord Gorthor

Old 06 Oct 2005, 01:43   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Ruleswize, no you can't. You could use counts-as rules for looted vehicles but legally you couldn't wihtout opponent's permission.
Old 06 Oct 2005, 04:27   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to wonderboy

neat idea. the tanks would not have to be a problem, just constrain their use. abhumans sound nice, and include some kroot as mercs who inadvertantly joined up.vets would be a must,as well as special weapons teems to represent the elites your army containes from countless battles and expereince. same with HW squads. drop troops would be nice,to represent that they dont have huge ships to drop them off brfore hand, and their fleet may be a mix of many different merchant ships with necessary "adaptations"

hope this helps.good luck, and thank you for chosing the guard

2000 points
1500 points
my army lists.
Old 06 Oct 2005, 12:09   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Nothing stopping you using a completely unrestrained list - just rewrite the fluff to suit.

Priests don't have to be Imperial - they can be anything from Chaotic to simply worshipping a different God.

Commissars are simply political officers - all armies have them, even if they aren't all quite as strict. You can possibly even say they are Sergeant Majors, who are renowned for being extremely uptight and punishing - even to their own officers if they think he's failed his duty.

Techpriests - rogues/techies or possibly even Squats (heresy!).

Sanctioned Psykers - non-Sanctioned Psykers

etc etc etc...

~Andromidius
Old 06 Oct 2005, 13:36   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

awsome, these ideas are cool. i'll have to write up a bunch of stuff for em, but it'll be worth it.

Beastlord Gorthor

Old 06 Oct 2005, 16:28   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to wonderboy

shouldnt be hard. you have a very interesting concept.. ab humans (all of them) make an interesting addition, but i dont see techpreists turning from the the machine god.

2000 points
1500 points
my army lists.
Old 06 Oct 2005, 19:20   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Why not? A load of them did for Chaos.

Besides, like I said you could just have them as a non-Adeptus Engineer or a Squat Mercenary.

~Andromidius
Closed Thread