Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Tanith First and Only "Codex"
Old 14 Jul 2011, 22:08   #11 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Damn your done already i'm yet to finish my blast through the novels yet , anyway i'll have a think and see what i can think of.

Maddosammo

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Sir winston Churchill

maddosammo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jul 2011, 22:16   #12 (permalink)
Shas'La

Oh no, it's far from done, haha. This is just a VERY basic outline, as you can see I only put ideas on the Fast Attack and Heavy Support slots, everything will get a thorough fleshing out before I can begin playtesting.

I just started rereading the books as well as I recently finished Blood Pact. I finished First and Only today and I'm about 70 pages into Ghostmaker. I'm really looking forward to reading Necropolis again because that's where I'll be getting fluff for the Verghast troops and Kolea as well as the damn name of Gaunt's power sword.

That's correct, we need the Exigency.

"Men of Tanith! Do you want to live forever?"
-Colonel-Commissar Ibram Gaunt

Tanith First and Only Codex

YTTH School of Strategy and List-building
Exigency102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jul 2011, 22:22   #13 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exigency102 View Post
Oh no, it's far from done, haha. This is just a VERY basic outline, as you can see I only put ideas on the Fast Attack and Heavy Support slots, everything will get a thorough fleshing out before I can begin playtesting.

I just started rereading the books as well as I recently finished Blood Pact. I finished First and Only today and I'm about 70 pages into Ghostmaker. I'm really looking forward to reading Necropolis again because that's where I'll be getting fluff for the Verghast troops and Kolea as well as the damn name of Gaunt's power sword.
oh no sorry i meant you've done the outline and well i was hoping to finish some.. well most of the books. ans also yeah i know what you mean i finnished blood pact in about 4 or so hours.

Maddosammo

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Sir winston Churchill

maddosammo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jul 2011, 15:21   #14 (permalink)
Shas'La

So does anyone (maddo) have any ideas on the holes? Still don't know where to put scout troop squads (maybe just troops like vets?), how to organize special weapons, where the drop troops should go etc. I'm thinking the flame trooper squad could work like the Space wolves guys who can split up an join other units, because I want Brostin as an upgrade character for flame troopers. Heavy weapons are also sort of an issue since all the regular platoons all carry tube charges or tread-fethers, but i want bragg as an upgrade character for heavy weps. I'd like to throw in some sort of storm trooper equivalent as well, but I don't think the Blueblood 10th brigade would be likely "allies" of the ghosts, even if they fought together.

Old 21 Aug 2011, 14:32   #15 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I haven't read the books so may not be much help but for scouts why not get the storm troopers lighten there armour and allow them to infiltrate or deep strike. And change there weapon stats a bit so maybe assault weapons just throwing ideas out
Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Aug 2011, 19:32   #16 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

I've only read one book (unknowingly it was I think the last). I'll tetras and try to give some helpful input.
Alexothegreat520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Nov 2011, 08:16   #17 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infernal View Post
I haven't read the books so may not be much help but for scouts why not get the storm troopers lighten there armour and allow them to infiltrate or deep strike. And change there weapon stats a bit so maybe assault weapons just throwing ideas out
The Tanith Regiment is light infantry renowned for it's stealth. Everyone wears camo-cloaks, but there is also an "elite" cadre of Scout-Troopers who were expert trackers, hunters and woodsmen back on Tanith and have transferred their significant skills to soldiering. So when I say "scouts" now you know what I mean. They are not the same as storm troopers.

However, please don't be discouraged. If I get rolling on this again it will be helpful to have someone who isn't nostalgic about the books to balance the rules.

Old 20 Jan 2012, 16:52   #18 (permalink)
Shas'La

Just had a brilliantly simple idea. Much like you can purchase special or heavy weapons teams for platoons, so will you be able to buy scout troop squads. It works and it stays more true to the novels, as scouts were spread out throughout the regiment and only operated indepently when they were scouting. Drop droops will definitely be elites now, and we'll see what else I decide to put in there.

Old 20 Jan 2012, 17:21   #19 (permalink)
Shas'La

Going to keep double posting to bump this onto the popular threads list until people start coming back. I think I'm going to give gaunt Eternal Warrior because.... he is. Also, the special rule I didn't name I think I will call Staunch Companions. It will be sort of like the Necron Courts, where they are all independent characters and be attached where needed. Still working on some of the rules, but Ezra Night will be similar to MkVenner in the stealthy sense, the Reynbow will probably be an Assault 1 weapon with 18" range with Poison 2+ or 3+, he will be at least BS4 (most likely just), and have "Partisan of Gereon" that gives him a 5+ invuln. I'll keep adding thoughts as they come up, because, as I said before, I want to bump this thread.

Old 24 Jan 2012, 21:45   #20 (permalink)
Shas'La

Ok, ideas for the rest of the Companions. Milo is going to act as a juiced chapter banner because of the Tanith Pipes and he'll have something to represent his [implied psyker] intuition. Dorden will probably give FNP like a Blood Chalice. Ayatani Zweil will be similar to a chaplain. Throw some thoughts at me people!