Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

1500 point IG/DH Tournament list
Closed Thread
Old 04 Apr 2010, 20:43   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default 1500 point IG/DH Tournament list

Okay Now that the Legality of the list has been settled. I think it's taken on quite a nice (if not cheesy) form

HQ
Company command squad [70] [Lascannon]

4 Grey Knight Terminators and brother Captain[260] [incinerator]

Elites
Inquisitor [70][auspex and psyocculum, Gun servitor with plasma cannon]
Land Raider [250]

Troops

Veteran Squad [90] [ Lascannon]

Veteran squad [150] [Chimera, 2 Melta guns, Flamer]

Heavy Support

Leman Russ [150]

Manticore [160]

All chimeras with Turret Multi laser, and hull heavy flamer.

Total: 1498

I do however have 2 points that I can put somewhere, just not shure as to where yet.
Old 04 Apr 2010, 22:54   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: 1500 point IG/DH Tournament list

You could use the 2 points to add targeters to the Grey Knights and Inquisitor, this will allow them to measure distances before shooting. (also means with a bit of geometry you can work out things for other units really easily).

The one thing I'd suggest trying to get in is a Psychic Hood on the Grey Knights or Inquisitor, simply because the old DH version allows you to challenge any of your enemies psychic moves no matter where he is on the board. It can be really effective for you and extremely annoying for him, one of the few perks DH still have. I'm not sure where you'd get the points for it though....
Old 04 Apr 2010, 23:05   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rejivar Konj
You could use the 2 points to add targeters to the Grey Knights and Inquisitor, this will allow them to measure distances before shooting. (also means with a bit of geometry you can work out things for other units really easily).

The one thing I'd suggest trying to get in is a Psychic Hood on the Grey Knights or Inquisitor, simply because the old DH version allows you to challenge any of your enemies psychic moves no matter where he is on the board. It can be really effective for you and extremely annoying for him, one of the few perks DH still have. I'm not sure where you'd get the points for it though....
well actually I've edited the inquisitor to be a WH inquisitor just to end any debate as to wheather I can give my GKT's a ride or not.... oh and add a lascannon.
Old 04 Apr 2010, 23:49   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Actually this list is legal . Anyway a psyhood on the greyknight hero would be a good ideal. By taking a witchhunter landraider you should be able to use grey knights in it. Sorry if I cause you any grief. I rather someone tell me when I do something wrong instead of me keep doing wrong and no one tells me.
Old 05 Apr 2010, 00:25   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunTzusProphet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rejivar Konj

well actually I've edited the inquisitor to be a WH inquisitor just to end any debate as to wheather I can give my GKT's a ride or not.... oh and add a lascannon.
The Grey Knights brother captain still count as DH though, so the psychic Hood still works brilliantly for him.
Old 05 Apr 2010, 01:56   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

well the problem then becomes a fluff thing. My world has no psychics.
Old 05 Apr 2010, 04:24   #7 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen

Quote:
Then you may as well drop the Grey Knights. But one question; how can your world have no psykers? Psyker mutations are erratic and they pop out where you least expected. Either your world has a special field projected by Necrons or you kill all your Psyker babies immediately after birth.
Old 05 Apr 2010, 04:28   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenai
Quote:
Then you may as well drop the Grey Knights. But one question; how can your world have no psykers? Psyker mutations are erratic and they pop out where you least expected. Either your world has a special field projected by Necrons or you kill all your Psyker babies immediately after birth.
They kill all the psykers but a few to be breeded into GreyKnights and Inquisitors. It's kinda fluffy since he's using a witchhunter inquisitor and the witchhunters specalies in killing psykers.
Old 05 Apr 2010, 07:27   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicop76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenai
Quote:
They kill all the psykers but a few to be breeded into GreyKnights and Inquisitors. It's kinda fluffy since he's using a witchhunter inquisitor and the witchhunters specalies in killing psykers.
You can't "Breed" Grey Knights though. Rumour has it that there's a chance their geneseed comes from the Emperor himself, or the loyal space marines that didn't turn to chaos when there brethren did during the heresy, the loyalist of loyals, a geneseed cocktail. Yeah, that kinda stuff doesn't leave terra....

And if it's a witchhunter, why is he breeding Grey Knights? Their ordo millitant are the Sisters of Battle...

Why can't he just ask the Grey Knights for help in the current situation he's in?
Old 05 Apr 2010, 12:46   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

They aren't actually grey knights my world is a "traitor" world, and was a planet cut off from the imperium for over 6 thousand years, early on in this period of isolation a string of events lead to the overthrow of the governor and a general hatred of the imperial cult. after a period of about a thousand years of regression (beginning in M36) they rediscovered science and began to advance, and to them the old stories of the imperium have been distorted into tales of a corrupt tyrannical plenetary empire. Those who show signs of any real psychic ability are thought to be agents of this now mythic empire, and are killed outright.

Normally they'd be wiped out shortly after their uprising. however, a series of unfortunate events lead to all the data on the world being stripped from the imperium.

in any case the fire dragons did enough damage to the stuff they left behind to cause the planet to have to almost entirely rebuild them.
Closed Thread