Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

1500 point tourney campaign list....
Old 27 Dec 2008, 18:21   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default 1500 point tourney campaign list....

My friends and I have started a 1000 point tournament/campaign. Anyway, as you play you collect points (tournament), and from there you move on to other opponents (campaign) around the map. We started a 1000k but assuming we all got warhammer for christmas we kicked it up to 1500k next time we all meet. anyway this is my list I've made.

Comments, Suggestions, Corrections, Critism are all welcome
-underlined units are ones I have to keep from my previous list.
-EDIT- squads marked with a star will be running like idiots trying to capture objectives.
**EDIT** Armies I will be facing: Smurfs, Deathwing, dark angels, Nids, Necrons, Orks, and IG. Possibly a late joining mobile eldar army too.

HQ-
Command Squad
Heroic Senior Officer, with Iron disiplin, and a power weapon, master vox, meltagun, medic
Support Squad
3x Autocannons

TROOPS
-Platoon I
Command Squad 4xflamers, power weapon, meltabombs *
Squad- Flamer, Vox
Squad- Flamer, Vox*
Squad- Melta, Vox*
Squad- Melta, Vox
-Platoon II
Command Squad 4xflamers, power weapon, meltabombs *
Squad- Heavy Bolter
Squad- Heavy Bolter

Squad- Plasma Gun,
Squad- Plasma Gun, Vox*

Conscript Platoon (20)- *

Rough Riders (5) *
5x hunting lances, 5x melta bombs

Rough Riders (5) *
5x hunting lances, 5x melta bombs

Lemon Russ
Sponsoon Heavy Bolters, Hull Lascannon

Lemon Russ
Sponsoon Heavy Bolters, Hull Lascannon

I may be slightly over (or under) points as I'm trying to do this without a codex.

Comments, Suggestions, Corrections, Critism are all welcome

-Thanks, Typhon

"They shall be my finest Cannon Fodder, these men who give themselves to me. Like clay I will mold them and in the furnace of war they will become cracked and broken. They will be of tissue paper and whimpy muscle. In tissue paper armor I clad them and with the mightiest flashlights they will be armed. They will be touched by every sort of plauge or disease to help further make them unhappy, all sickness will blight them. They will have almost no tactics, strategies, but lots of machines so that they can atleast stand up to a foe in battle. They are my tar pit against the Terror. They are the bulk of Humanity. They are my Imperial Guard and they will know much fear!"

A fortress circumvented ceases to be an obstacle. A fortress destroyed ceases to be a threat. Do not forget the difference.
- Attributed to Leman Russ

My armies may sleep, but big guns never tire.

Surrender - or die.
Typhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Dec 2008, 01:55   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: 1500 point tourney campaign list....

I would change your HW support squad to HB's and move the AC's to your normal squad. That way you can fire them individually for tank hunting.

USAFTACP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Dec 2008, 15:53   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFTACP
I would change your HW support squad to HB's and move the AC's to your normal squad. That way you can fire them individually for tank hunting.
I tried that once, it's a good idea except my tactics have most of my squads running like idiots at my opponent, and a three autocannon saqud actually has a decent chance of penetrating a rhino.

"They shall be my finest Cannon Fodder, these men who give themselves to me. Like clay I will mold them and in the furnace of war they will become cracked and broken. They will be of tissue paper and whimpy muscle. In tissue paper armor I clad them and with the mightiest flashlights they will be armed. They will be touched by every sort of plauge or disease to help further make them unhappy, all sickness will blight them. They will have almost no tactics, strategies, but lots of machines so that they can atleast stand up to a foe in battle. They are my tar pit against the Terror. They are the bulk of Humanity. They are my Imperial Guard and they will know much fear!"

A fortress circumvented ceases to be an obstacle. A fortress destroyed ceases to be a threat. Do not forget the difference.

Surrender - or die.
Old 28 Dec 2008, 15:55   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Also if you really want to maximise your list, I would remove the sponsoons and the hull lascannon from the tanks, that'll free up 20 more points for maybe an upgrade to Demolishers or something else.

USAFTACP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Dec 2008, 15:59   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFTACP
Also if you really want to maximise your list, I would remove the sponsoons and the hull lascannon from the tanks, that'll free up 20 more points for maybe an upgrade to Demolishers or something else.
Awww man, I'd love to do that, like really, cause I like the idea of Str10 Ap2, especially against the monolith that I faced that caused a heck of a lot of trouble (melta's don't get 2d6). I plan on buying a demolisher, when I get the chance. My army is small right now, but I'm working on it...

Surrender - or die.