Send a message via AIM to Rogue_FireWarrior
Default this is my Friend's first guard 1500 pt list i could use some C and C

* * * * * ** 1500 point army list for ig

HQ- heroic senior officer + standard bearer + veteran = 81 pts

Sentinal support squadron- 3 sentinals + 3 auto cannons = 150 points

Fire support squad- 3 auto cannons = 95 pts
Anti tank squad- 3 rocket launches = 95 pts
Anti tank squad- 3 rocket launchers = 95 pts

TROOPS- infantry platoon: command- junior officer + staff (no up grades) = 40 pts

Squad.1- 10 guardsmen = 60 pts
Squad.2- 10 guardsmen = 60 pts
Squad.3- 10 guardsmen = 60 pts
Squad.4- 10 guardsmen = 60 pts
Squad.5- 10 guardsmen = 60 pts

Armoured fist squad- 10 guardsmen + chimera + turret and hull heavy bolters + heavy stubber pintle mounted = 157 pts

HEAVY SUPPORT- leman russ + hull las cannon + heavy bolter side sponsers = 165 pts

leman russ + hull las cannon + heavy bolter side sponsers = 165 pts

TOTAL 1508 PTS this is my Friend's first ig list and he would like some C and C

edit: my friend is wolf-bane012 has just made his account so refer to him when giving advice (I let him use mine before he made his

wins:21 Draws:9 Losses:8
[/img]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer_Emlyn (working on campaign)
They may be laughing at your red paint jobs or bat-eared grots when you deploy, but after loosing a few units to "da green horde" they'll learn to take your sonz of funguz seriously.
Old 31 Jan 2007, 18:46   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: this is my first guard 1500 pt list i could use some advice on it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue_FireWarrior
1500 point army list for ig

HQ- heroic senior officer + standard bearer + veteran = 81 pts

Sentinal support squadron- 3 sentinals + 3 auto cannons = 150 points

Fire support squad- 3 auto cannons = 95 pts
Anti tank squad- 3 rocket launches = 95 pts
Anti tank squad- 3 rocket launchers = 95 pts

TROOPS- infantry platoon: command- junior officer + staff (no up grades) = 40 pts

Squad.1- 10 guardsmen = 60 pts
Squad.2- 10 guardsmen = 60 pts
Squad.3- 10 guardsmen = 60 pts
Squad.4- 10 guardsmen = 60 pts
Squad.5- 10 guardsmen = 60 pts

Armoured fist squad- 10 guardsmen + chimera + turret and hull heavy bolters + heavy stubber pintle mounted = 157 pts

HEAVY SUPPORT- leman russ + hull las cannon + heavy bolter side sponsers = 165 pts

TOTAL 1508 PTS this is my first ig list and id like some advice on it thank you

First, there is a cute little loophole in the points system that lets you take a Junior Officer and give him an Honorifica Imperialis, which gives the same stats as a Heroic Senior Officer for a 10 fewer points that can be spent on a weapon of some sort so his squad won't just be a morale bubble, but can actually do some damage. Heavy bolter would be a good choice or a mortar or something cheap but slightly more daunting than lasguns. i guess it depends on what models you have available

The pintle mounted heavy stubber is really not that good for its points cost. I only use them because I like how they look, but they are not very effective. if you want to trim your list to a nice even 1500 instead of 1508 i would suggest that as the first thing to ditch.

finally, you might want to take some of your big guns and sprinkle them around in infantry squads - not necessarily all of them but if you disband a rocket squad or the autocannons, reassigning them into infantry squads it saves some points, spreads your targeting options out, protects them better, and still leaves some other infantry squads stripped down for move-and-shoot use.

I love the 10 guys with lasguns squad. I often have one or two like that, because you aren't plagued by the tough choice of moving to a better position versus squeezing off that extra heavy weapon shot. A couple of squads like this is nice, but 5 is a bit much. You could toy around with giving the mobile squads each a melta/flamer/or grenlauncher with the points you save by shuffling up 3 heavy weapons squads into your static 'firebase' infantry. This vastly improves their threat and barely takes any points - 2 flamers in infantry squads will help a lot more than 1 heavy stubber on the chimera in my opinion and cost the same.
Old 01 Feb 2007, 10:05   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to 33rd Sirican Redbacks

Also remember that guard pay 5pts for a power weapon dont be afraid to give your hq one
Old 01 Feb 2007, 10:10   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Chton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centurion
First, there is a cute little loophole in the points system that lets you take a Junior Officer and give him an Honorifica Imperialis, which gives the same stats as a Heroic Senior Officer for a 10 fewer points that can be spent on a weapon of some sort so his squad won't just be a morale bubble, but can actually do some damage. Heavy bolter would be a good choice or a mortar or something cheap but slightly more daunting than lasguns. i guess it depends on what models you have available
What loophole would that be?
Old 01 Feb 2007, 17:49   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

hay me again im the one who posted the army list i posted it through my friends account i was thinking of doing what u said with the wholl freeing of the points thing and geting another auto cannon team or changing a anti tank team to las cannons what do u think

Old 01 Feb 2007, 20:15   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Winter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Centurion
What loophole would that be?
i cannot quote the points here... but suffice to say that you get the same guy for 10 points less... if you dont use your single honorifica anywhere else in your army you may as well take advantage of it.
Old 01 Feb 2007, 20:55   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

mm... autocannon heavy weap squads make for great all-rounders, and are murder on light vehicles.

personally, i think guard squads without at least a special weapon are nothing more than meat. even throwing in a plasgun will result in marked improvement.
i like to arm my guard squads with anti-infantry weapons, so the lasguns can also shoot at the same target.
However, some players like to get the squad a lascannon or rocket launcher, where the squad will then act like a lascannon with 9 ablative wounds. (8 if special weaponis given).

as for HQ command squad, they can be kitted for combat or shooting. id say shooting is more effective, but also more expensive. for combat, a powerweapon + pistol for the officer, and laspistol + ccw for the retinue. cheap, counter-chargy, but not the most effective. the other way is to load 3 plasguns onto the command squad, and either plaspistol/stormbolter on officer. makes for one burny death squad. i usually take a mix, officer w/;boltpistol powerweapon, squad with rocket launcher and plasgun.

for the troop command squads, i usually give the retinue pistol/ccw and the officer a stormbolter, call it a day. however, you can give them one heavy weapon and use em to snipe things!

have fun!

http://www.maj.com/gallery/Tauroc/Si..._berserker.gif
Old 02 Feb 2007, 06:45   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

i would consider having something that can keep their morale up ...
Old 02 Feb 2007, 14:44   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

King Winter...
A Junior Officer with Honorifica Imperialis costs 10 points less then an Heroic Senior Officer. But, at the same time, gets the same stats as an Heroic Senior Officer.

Rogue Firewarrior-I would suggest at least giving your basic Guardsmen squad's a grenade launcher. The ability to fire a krak grenade can be very useful.
Old 02 Feb 2007, 16:59   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

i was planing on using the mass of guardsmen to funnel attackers towards the tanks or face the lethal barrage of lassguns rapid firing from a steadily advancing guard line but i was thinking also maybe scraping the armored fist squad altogether and getting a conscript platoon with flamers to back up the guard line or my tanks

Closed Thread