Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

The K Team - a Kill Team Challenge
Old 11 Mar 2010, 13:26   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default The K Team - a Kill Team Challenge

So, I'm working on this for a fun-free-for-all activity to be run in my local store over the Easter holidays. Most of the time people will play standard Kill Team in an effort to hone their forces and learn how it work. This will culminate in their kill teams being pitted against... the K Team.

Here are the rules I've come up with so far:

The Principal of Evil Marksmanship – Everyone knows the bad guys can’t hit for toffee. The K Team benefit from a 3+ cover save from all shooting, even when standing out in the open, even when only 1” away. Conversely you should always remember that even when your men are removed as casualties they aren’t really dead...

Col. John “Hannibal” Smith
I love it when a plan comes together! – The K Team may steal the first turn on the roll of a 2+.
Master of Disguise – Hannibal has the Infiltrate and Scouts Universal Special Rules.

Captain H.M. “Howling Mad” Murdock
Touchdown! – Murdock may detonate a explosive charge instead of firing his weapon. Resolve the shot using the Demo Charge profile above (unlimited range, S8, AP3, Large Blast) and the line of sight of any member of the K Team. If Murdock can see the target himself he may deduct his BS from the distance scattered, otherwise it scatters the full distance. If Murdock is fleeing, gone to ground or engaged in close combat he cannot detonate a charge.

Lt. Templeton “Faceman” Peck
Don’t smile at me like that! – Face may not be shot at or engaged in any way until he has first fired his own weapon or charged into combat with the following exception. When Face is within 6” an enemy model may try to engage him but they must first pass a leadership test at -2 ld at which point this rule will cease to apply.

Sgt. B.A “Bad Attitude” Barracus
I pity the fool... – B.A. is one mean sucker! He is has the Relentless and Feel No Pain Universal Special Rules.
I ain’t gettin’ on no plane! – B.A can attempt to “hijack” an enemy vehicle (but not a skimmer). To do so he must assault the vehicle and score a penetrating hit using his own strength value (which will be 5). If successful he drags the existing crew out and takes the driving seat himself. Weapons attached to the vehicle may not be used though B.A may fire his own weapon from any available fire-point regardless of how fast the vehicle moves. (probably won't see many vehicles used but would be funny to see it happen)

So, I now need to come up with a decent stat-line for the Team, plus some suitable weaponry. Nothing too OTT, but something that can cause a few dramatic (but largely harmless) explosions... >

Extartius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Mar 2010, 14:17   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Lord Zambia
Default Re: The K Team - a Kill Team Challenge

So its like the bad guys in a comic? I like!

Um, statlines for the characters. Well the K team SHOULD be dangerous, so i would suggest high BS and decent S stats. The cover save from shooting will balance out the BS. Otherwise give them lowish BS stats but a fun amount of spraying fire weapons (like gatling guns with a mind of their own)

Have their leadership terrible, but make them have a smurf like rule where they always regroup as individual units automaticall as long as there is no enemy within 6. Also make it that if they reach a board edge they may outflank the next turn (as the evil masterminds come back with a new plan)

Perhaps a possible (by no means take this statline/profile, im just conjouring up ideas)

Sgt. B.A Barracus

WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv
4 3 4 4 3 3 3 7 4+

Barracus has the feel no pain and relentless special rule. He is equipt with the GWAMOIO, his trusty weapon for shooting.

Gwamoio - The Gun with a mind of its own is a cross between a gatling gun and a rippa gun (stolen ogryn ideas as their own innovation) which has a very high rate of firepower, as well as a very unpredictable one.

Strength 5, Range 24'', Heavy 12 Rending

When the gun is fired, any rolls of a 1 are sprayed ridiculously astray. Your opponent chooses which target these shots are actually fired at, and you must roll to hit again using the normal BS of 3. Any 1s rolled in this fashion do not spray randomly however.

***Remember as a K Team member all opponents benefit from a 3+ cover save from the gwamoio. Even moreso, any shots which the gun fires into its own units (by rolling 1s) negate cover saves even if there is no line of sight to the target (who can argue with the good guys saying it hits this unit!)

Hope i have contributed, or inspired you of an idea.

Zambia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhontauel
4 lightening claws LMAO. wouldn't the inquisition get involved?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedibean
Killing terminators with flamers is like trying to stop a charging elephant with a fly swatter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genmotty
if your not going to change your ammo between battles then you deserve to be giving people rashes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrino
Ah, that's a shame. It's kind of funny, because I'd imagine that running headfirst into a force field would pretty much ruin your initiative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire at Will
Why not take over France? You could do it with a pistol, which in doing would make you the most armed man in the country.
Want to play Robot Wars using 40k Concepts? PM me for details on how you can get your FREE copy of the rules.
Lord Zambia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Mar 2010, 09:14   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Well, actually the K Team is based on the A Team, a hit US series from the 80's, and they were the good guys. However, some of your ideas gel with mine. I was thinking basic statline, uber-weapons, or weapons that have a large area of effect but are otherwise quite weak (the A Team is all about big explosions that don't actually hurt anyone).

Extartius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Mar 2010, 09:21   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Lord Zambia

Ok, so something more like these kinds of weapons

gwamoio - Strength x, AP- Heavy 12 - Only wounds models on a roll of a 6, and always allowing a 3+ cover save from it. Keep in mind it wounds on a 6 regardless of toughness.

Multiple Rocket Barrage - Strength 2, AP-, Heavy 5 Blast

Epic Missile Launcher (same stats as deathstrike missile laucher, but with the following weapon profile) Every model within 2d6x3 inches taks a strength 3 ap- hit.

Idk i am just tossing up ideas lol

Zambia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhontauel
4 lightening claws LMAO. wouldn't the inquisition get involved?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedibean
Killing terminators with flamers is like trying to stop a charging elephant with a fly swatter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genmotty
if your not going to change your ammo between battles then you deserve to be giving people rashes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrino
Ah, that's a shame. It's kind of funny, because I'd imagine that running headfirst into a force field would pretty much ruin your initiative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire at Will
Why not take over France? You could do it with a pistol, which in doing would make you the most armed man in the country.
Want to play Robot Wars using 40k Concepts? PM me for details on how you can get your FREE copy of the rules.
Lord Zambia is offline   Reply With Quote