Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

New vehicle!
Old 14 Sep 2008, 15:27   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to Wurrzappa Send a message via MSN to Wurrzappa
Default New vehicle!

Hey Mekboyz!
I am working on this for already 1 week and it finally gets to his final (must add the wheels, weapons and a little green stuff)...it is the...Ork Megatrukk! Now this is what the Orks want! A Trukk that can transport a whole squad of 30 Boyz!

The profile:
ORK MEGATRUKK 225 points

Armour
BS Front Side Rear
2 13 14 12

Unit Composition:
- 1 Trukk
Wargear:
- 2 Big shootas
- Armour plates
Unit Type:
- Vehicle
(Double deck, upper deck open-topped)
Special Rules:
- Ramshackle
- Big vehicle
Transport Capacity:
- Lower deck 16 models and upper deck 14 models. Models in Mega Armour count as 2 models.

Options:
- Replace a big shoota with rokkit launcha....................................+5 points
- May take any of the following:
-deff rolla............................................. ..............................+20 points
-red paint job............................................... .........................+5 points
-grot riggers........................................... ..............................+5 points
-stikkbomb chukka............................................ .....................+5 points
-wreckin’ ball.............................................. .........................+10 points
-grabbin’ klaw.............................................. .........................+5 points
- May take up to two side guns of the following:
-zzap gun............................................... ............................+15 points
-big shoota............................................ ...............................+5 points
-deffgun........................................... ..................................+10 points

Big vehicle special rule
The Ork Megatrukk is so big it can drive over small enemy vehicles like a Rhino, Devilfish, Leman Russ etc. When the Megatrukk approaches a vehicle it may roll a D6, if it is a 6+ the Megatrukk may make his move over the vehicle if not the Megatrukk hits the enemy vehicle using the Ramming rules.
If uccesful roll an additional D6 and consult the follwing chart.

1-3 the enemy vehicle is Stunned (Extra armour does not affect this)

4-5 the enemy vehicle loses 1 weapon* and is stunned (Again extra amour does not affect this)

6 the enemy vehicle is immobalized loses one weapon* and is stunned (again extra armour does not affect this)

If attempting to roll over a skimmer the Vehicle in question gets a 4+ save agaisnt all ill-effects.
*-Weapon is chosen at Random

And finally a pick from what it is now:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg S5024723.JPG (34.1 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg S5024722.JPG (35.8 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg S5024719.JPG (31.7 KB, 43 views)

Me 'n ma ladz in da early dayz
Wurrzappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Sep 2008, 15:36   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: New vehicle!

This should be in House Rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minako
That may just be helped by massive boobs though, i'm female. I don't know how that shiz works...
arandomshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Sep 2008, 15:43   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Right..my bad...could any mod pleae move it?

Old 15 Sep 2008, 15:22   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak

It feels... I'm not so sure. I'm not sure what you're trying to create, what you've basically got here is a Battle Fortress that can run over vehicles. And I'm not certain that's a good idea.

I'll have a think and come back later, seeing as I haven't really told you anything!
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Sep 2008, 17:38   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Well, you can proper formatting tables here .

I think you've got the Side and Front armour values the wrong way round, considering the front is usually stronger.

Also, Nobs should take two spaces and models in Mega Armour should take 3.

To be honest, I think this is a bad idea. It wouldn't be able to drive over other vehicles, ramming would make sense but not being able to flatten them. Especially considering a Devilfish would probably be higher than the Megatrukk.
If you'd made a slightly larger version of the current Trukk then that would have been acceptable, probably with more weapons, but this is too out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minako
That may just be helped by massive boobs though, i'm female. I don't know how that shiz works...
arandomshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Sep 2008, 18:51   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

[list]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken
Also, Nobs should take two spaces and models in Mega Armour should take 3.
No, Nobs take one space and Mega Armour'd chaps take two. That's the way it is everywhere else, that's the way it's going to be here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken
I think you've got the Side and Front armour values the wrong way round, considering the front is usually stronger.
Actually, I really like that. Maybe it is a mistake, but I think it's a really cool idea.

First things third.

Pick up your Ork Codex, and turn to page 55. That is what you have built. Looking at its size and options, all you have done is built a 30-capacity Battlewagon. It does not need nor deserve extra rules. Why does it need to have that much of a capacity, anyway? "Because it's cool?" Nah. What you want to do is use what you've built as a Battlewagon, it doesn't need extra transport capacity and as Broken says it certainly can't run over other vehicles. Hold the thought though, because you have some cool ideas.

But the main thing is, dissociate those rules with the thing you have built.

Okay? Done that? Right. Come back here and have a listen.

Quote:
It wouldn't be able to drive over other vehicles, ramming would make sense but not being able to flatten them. Especially considering a Devilfish would probably be higher than the Megatrukk.
I've been thinking. What it needs, as in medically needs, is to be [size=3]bigger. Lots bigger. I mean bigger than a Battle Fortress.

So, rather than scaling up from a Trukk, which is what it feels like you have done, we scale up from a Battle Fortress. Hell, why not, let's go the whole hog and scale up from a Skullhamma.

I'm talking a whopping transport capacity - somewhere in the region of 50. Big guns, like... a pair of Skullhamma kannons. Mount them like a typical C&C style double-barrelled tank. Put a couple of big shootas on it, but in the same manner as a Skullhamma make it opened topped for the purposes of transported models - so everyone on board can shoot.

Give it more structure points than a Skullhamma, say 4. Maybe 5, but not more than that. This isn't a Gargant. Maybe even 3, actually. 3 or 4, then.

Give it 14 side armour but only 13 front armour, I really like that.

And make it so that when it drives over an enemy vehicle on a D6 roll of 1-2 it's fine, 3-4 it's immobilised and 5-6 it's destroyed. No matter what, if it's a transport vehicle, the enemy have to disembark instantly and are treated as being tank shocked. Keep the save for skimmers. This won't work on vehicles with structure points.

And then slap a price tag on it that's worthy of a Hierophant Bio-Titan and roll it up to your Apocalypse games.

So, boiled down:
  • Use what you've built as a battlewagon. That's what a "megatrukk" is really anyway.
  • Build something bigger, Mr Mekboy. The beauty with Ork vehicles is they are EASY AS CAKE to scratchbuild.
  • Follow my guidelines and make a datasheet on it.
  • Enjoy huge games of 40k.
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Old 15 Sep 2008, 19:08   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Lol thanks for the replies...i was not planning to make the battlewagon and its not completely done...needs wheels and things...will be bigger and the armor...the sides got more protecty plates...so why shouldnt it be stronger then the front? thanks anyways!

Old 18 Sep 2008, 14:57   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Great post circus, basically all the advice I was going to give!

Wurrzappa;

I agree, just use it as a battlewagon. You're not meant to be able to swiftly transport 30 Orks across the table in a standard 40k game. It'd be like having your cake and eating it too, only in this case the cake can crush enemy vehicles.

However I think Circus isn't thinking BIG ENOUGH.

There's the formation Orks get called the Green tide, where you have 100+ orks in a single squad.

Well why not make a transport option for them? Think an imperial Gorgon but bigger! Not only should it crush enemy vehicles it moves over, it most definitely should have a deffrolla, and also any terrain it drives over should be removed. Ok, not hills, but woods or buildings or ruins definitely.

Make something monstrously huge, like it takes up half your deployment zone, with a big huge bridge tower for the warboss to stand atop of while screaming orders at his mob.

That's what your Orks need.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer_Emlyn
Gah! Not a silly Canadian. Can't Falstead ever be wrong?!?!? ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe (Autarch Kiardras)
My god.... the sarcasm there nearly shorted out my computer screen Nice.
Falstead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Sep 2008, 15:07   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

He has a point.

A big point. With an engine and huge decks for carrying Orks on.
>

You may call me Circus.
Old 09 Oct 2008, 20:51   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

Zomg guys i want 1. ;D
I agree completely with circus.
Make it big. Veeeeeeeeeeeeery big. and give it 2 deathrollas.
transport capacity of about 120.
keep the side armour better than front armour thing. Hell you could even give it rules for skidding into enemies!
Ultimate
ultimatedragonlord is offline   Reply With Quote