Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

 

Warhammer 40K Forum

IG rapid strike force
Reply
Old 27 May 2007, 04:08   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 551
Default IG rapid strike force

although mechanized companies are mobile, sometimes you need more speed. for instance, KOS orks can eaily run rings around a mechanized company in their realitvely much slower vehicles. IG being the resourceful lil guys they are, came up with a way to counter such quick assaults with fast units of their own.

these are units n such, costs and such possibly later, suggestions welcome.
Note: due to mobile nature of army, any guard squad with acess to heavy weapon may swap the heavy weapon for another special weapon. in addition, a stormbolter may be chosen as a special weapon at +5 pts.

new units:
Imperial strike - Artillery, arstrike, or orbital, this deals damage to the enemy before battle begins. resolve a preliminary bombardment on the enemy.
Imperial attack heli squadron - (1-3) light attack heli often used for forward scouting. 10/10/10 bs 3 skimmer, fast, weapon options of sentinel, can swap multilaser for heavy bolter at no cost, swap autocannon for RL at no cost.
Light transport - ] its a transport, its light. could be a chimera with the top cut off. 11/10/10 fast, bs3, open-topped, room for 11, comes with HB. can swap for multilaser at no additional cost, rocket/autocannon at +10 pts.
LAV squadron - (1-3) A light vehicle, ranging from a dune buggy with armor plates, a civilian pickup truck with a machinegun, to armored car. 10/10/10 fast, open-topped, bs 3, weapon options of sentinel, can swap multilaser for heavy bolter at no cost, swap autocannon for RL at no cost.
Imperial bike squad - ranging from reassigned Rough riders to conscripted bike gangs, these are guardsmen on bikes, tl lasguns.
Support Vehicle squadron - (1-3) as LAV, but twin-linked weapons, can take a non-twinlinked mortar.

added to vehicle upgrade list:
mechanics - vehicle upgrade - a vehicle w/ this upgrade may try to repair an immobilized result on a 6+, 5 pts.

HQ: Imperial RSF commander: same as hq in IG codex, except cannot take special/heavy/sentinel support squads and must be mounted in a light transport.

Elites: Hardened Veterans or Stormtroopers, must be mounted in light transport.

Fast Attack: LAVs with scout, Attack heli squadrons, salamander scout vehicle, imperial bike squadron that upgrades like rough riders.

Troops: mounted Guardsman squads, command squads optional. LAVs, Bike squadrons.

Heavy Support: Support vehicle squadrons, leman russ exterminator, Imperial strike.

edit: changed mechanics, removed recon russ and closed top, added LR exterminator.
__________________
"Recite the Litany of Stealth to decrease your chances of being heard."
-Imperial Infantryman's Uplifting Primer

http://www.maj.com/gallery/Tauroc/Si..._berserker.gif
HailTheRuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2007, 04:20   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bonn, Germany
Posts: 2,725
Send a message via MSN to legio mortis
Default Re: IG rapid strike force

M'kay, the IG already have a rapid strike force. Drop troops.
__________________
But seriously, a Guardsman, I'm willing to bet, could a) outshoot me, b) give me the beating of my life, and c) shove more squad-based tactics down my throat than I'd ever care to digest. Guard are hard, hard men. Whether or not GW's inconsistent, Marine-worshipping fluff keeps with that, mkay?

Real men fight in tanks!


sig by Kais

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nox
Legio why do I always imagine you shouting when I read your posts? :P
legio mortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2007, 04:47   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 9,807
Default Re: IG rapid strike force

Quote:
Note: due to mobile nature of army, any guard squad with acess to heavy weapon may swap the heavy weapon for another special weapon. in addition, a stormbolter may be chosen as a special weapon at +5 pts.
It would make Drop Troops even more abusable, but I'd like to see that option...

Quote:
Imperial strike - Artillery, arstrike, or orbital, this deals damage to the enemy before battle begins. resolve a preliminary bombardment on the enemy.
Pay the points for it and it's fine, or use the rules for Artillery Strikes in the Armoured Battlegroup list.

Quote:
Imperial attack heli squadron - (1-3) light attack heli often used for forward scouting. 10/10/10 bs 3 skimmer, fast, weapon options of sentinel, can swap multilaser for heavy bolter at no cost, swap autocannon for RL at no cost.
Two words. The first is the name of a carrion-eating bird, the second starts with "g" and ends with "unship". Clicky.

Quote:
Light transport - ] its a transport, its light. could be a chimera with the top cut off. 11/10/10 fast, bs3, open-topped, room for 11, comes with HB. can swap for multilaser at no additional cost, rocket/autocannon at +10 pts.
Sounds an aweful lot like a Bruenhilde/Centaur...

Quote:
LAV squadron - (1-3) A light vehicle, ranging from a dune buggy with armor plates, a civilian pickup truck with a machinegun, to armored car. 10/10/10 fast, open-topped, bs 3, weapon options of sentinel, can swap multilaser for heavy bolter at no cost, swap autocannon for RL at no cost.
Siegfrieds and Salamanders fit the bill just fine, thanks.

Quote:
Imperial bike squad - ranging from reassigned Rough riders to conscripted bike gangs, these are guardsmen on bikes, tl lasguns.
Sure, why not. It's certainly not as bad as some of your suggestions...

Quote:
Recon Russ - a lightened leman russ, front armor 13, agile, may not take sponsons.
Agile. Russ. Move 12". Fire main weapons. Whatever the hell you're smoking, hide it from the Commissar. I'm pretty sure the Magos Biologicus hasn't sanctioned its use for Guardsmen.

If you want some fluffy support, use a Leman Russ Exterminator - fluffwise it has higher top speed and is often used as backup for reconnaissance divisions.

Quote:
Support Vehicle squadron - (1-3) as LAV, but twin-linked weapons, can take a non-twinlinked mortar.
No?

Quote:
mechanics - vehicle upgrade - a vehicle w/ this upgrade may try to repair an immibilized or weapon destroyed result on a 5+, 5 pts.
So, a Guardsman with a wrench can repair a vehicle better than a Techpriest, is 'built in' to the vehicle, and costs 5 points? I rather think not.

Quote:
closed top (replaces standard closed top option) - 8 pts, vehicle no longer open-topped.
So, you feel you deserve the same upgrade as normal Guard, but for less than half the points. Why?
AuinMyrrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2007, 17:21   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 551
Default Re: IG rapid strike force

hmmm.... these arent drop trooopers tho. i was thinking along the lines of Imperial KOS. mostly cus theres a guy who plays drop troopers at my local store who does...questionable things with the rules. kinda soured me on the whole drop troopers concept.

whats a bruenhilde? a siegfried? i think those things are in epic, right? i thought the siegfried was a siege tank of some sort. i do like the salamanders, especially slamander scout. too good for troops choice tho IMO.

whats wrong with the LAVs?

vulture gunship? whats a flyer though, right? i was looking for something...smaller. kinda like a flying sentinel, or landspeeder.

armored...battlegroup? is that IA1? if they already got rules for buying a prelim bombardment thats sweet.

whats wrong with the support squadron?

oh... good point about the russ. sure would make for awesome mobile support tho.

the mechanics and the closed top dealie were basically improved grot riggers and closed top.

hmm...perhaps should have not just typed while looking at the KOS list.

edit: changed mechanics, removed recon russ and closed top, added LR exterminator.
__________________
"Recite the Litany of Stealth to decrease your chances of being heard."
-Imperial Infantryman's Uplifting Primer

http://www.maj.com/gallery/Tauroc/Si..._berserker.gif
HailTheRuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tau Rapid Insertion Force Joey Goldcoast Tau 11 06 Jul 2008 22:45
rapid insertion force loadup conspicuous Tau 3 04 Jan 2008 17:04
Tau Rapid Insertion Force shas`o r`myr Tau 5 04 Oct 2007 23:10
1200 Eldar Strike Force @ 700 Strike Force Autarch Uthlanar Eldar Army Lists 3 01 Aug 2007 01:46
Rapid Strike Marines [500] koggol Space Marines 2 12 Oct 2005 01:29