Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Allies
Old 28 Mar 2007, 22:28   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to wyrd_ian
Default Allies

Allies

This is just a quick post Iím trying to make some simply rules for adding allies. I was thinking might add unit from another army (must be backed up with fluff) this unit take up two slots on the organization chart one from their original place and one from the Elites. This unit cannot be one of the compulsory choices and cannot cost more points than any other single unit in the rest of your army.

The idea behind this is so you can have a single squad of marines drop pod into the front lines of an Imperial guard battle agents an overwhelming hoard of orks or a squad of Terminators help you explore a Necron tomb.

Thoughts and comments

KQD
-Disney: He's the puppet master, both our damnation and salvation. He rewards our successes and punishes us for our hubris (often in subtle but horrible ways). I suggest we do our best not to anger him, he is the greatest asset to our campaign and potentially the most fearsome foe we'll ever face.
wyrd_ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Mar 2007, 23:36   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Damian_Alpha
Default Re: Allies

The only issue might be determining WHY some armies might fight alongside...especially if they are on unfriendly terms.

Draw up a chart listing, for each army, who their allies are/might be.

As far as deployment, allow 0-1 HQ, 0-1 Elite, 0-2 Troops, 0-1 Fast attack, and 0-1 Heavys, but at twice the normal cost (representing that they are calling in a BIIIG favor).
"I have exactly one-hundred men under my command counting on ME to lead that charge, you two-bit mechanic. I have five seige tanks, eight APC's, an artillery platform and a light mech that need resupply and repair by dusk. I need remote mines set, trenches dug, and my men fed and rested, or those Marines are going to be using us for toothpicks. Get it done, Fio'vre." Officer Sherwin Jackson, 13th Dal'yth Company, to Fio'vre D'nan

"Feed well, my Bretheren. You are what you eat, and we have devoured the mighty." Master Shaper Korl Muur
Damian_Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Mar 2007, 23:39   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to wyrd_ian

I know the fluff can be a bit odd however there are very few reason that say they defently cannot fightalong side eash other and as the the "Allied" unit I was only going for a single 0-1 unit.

KQD
-Disney: He's the puppet master, both our damnation and salvation. He rewards our successes and punishes us for our hubris (often in subtle but horrible ways). I suggest we do our best not to anger him, he is the greatest asset to our campaign and potentially the most fearsome foe we'll ever face.
wyrd_ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Mar 2007, 01:20   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Damian_Alpha

In that case, maybe a 0-1 Elites may be used from one other army, any one force org. slot unit other than HQ's (because I doubt their allies would lend out their commmanders...)
"I have exactly one-hundred men under my command counting on ME to lead that charge, you two-bit mechanic. I have five seige tanks, eight APC's, an artillery platform and a light mech that need resupply and repair by dusk. I need remote mines set, trenches dug, and my men fed and rested, or those Marines are going to be using us for toothpicks. Get it done, Fio'vre." Officer Sherwin Jackson, 13th Dal'yth Company, to Fio'vre D'nan

"Feed well, my Bretheren. You are what you eat, and we have devoured the mighty." Master Shaper Korl Muur
Damian_Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote