Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Codex: Gue'vesa (Help would be apreciated)
View Poll Results: Is this a good list/codex?
Best of them all!!! 0 0%
Über 0 0%
Good 0 0%
Nice 1 14.29%
Just fine 1 14.29%
Ok 0 0%
ok..... 2 28.57%
Could be way better. 2 28.57%
Hate it! 0 0%
HORRIBLE!!! 1 14.29%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 28 Nov 2006, 18:03   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Taukki
Default Codex: Gue'vesa (Help would be apreciated)

So. I thought that Gue'vesa has been around for a while, so wouldn't it be nice for them to have their own army list. So I did it. Point costs probably need some serious fixing, but hey, thats why I posted this here! Please help me to make this work!

http://www.geocities.com/zah_draich/HDF.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valar
What's going on here? I've seen a kid, breasts, chopped eels, and a naked girl :P

Old 28 Nov 2006, 18:12   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Hadhfang
Default Re: The day when I decited to create an army.

well, for a start, they should have a tau unit leading them, and prehaps a few firewarriors for good measure, the gue'la are not the most trustworthy of races, and just because they say they won't kill you doesn't mean they won't
Old 28 Nov 2006, 18:23   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

They wont, bechose they have no reason, they are equal to Tau and happy as they are.

Quote:
What's going on here? I've seen a kid, breasts, chopped eels, and a naked girl :P

Old 28 Nov 2006, 18:26   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

This needs to be moved to the House Rules board, and it could do with some spellchecking.
Screaming defiance with the last breath,
To spit in Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.

"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"

Learn to shorten your reach! If your foe can come close enough to negate your striking power, all stratagem is lost, and when all stratagem is lost, the battle is lost.

Tell me now, is there a man among you here, is there no one who will stand up and try to fight? Tell me man, is there not one in all your ranks, is there no one who values courage over life?
Old 28 Nov 2006, 18:34   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

yep house rules.

Anyway, they may be happy as they are, but the tau might not be so fond on letting their allies run wild with no supervision, only to find that the battle plans for the next big campaign have somehow found their way into the imperium's hands
Old 28 Nov 2006, 18:42   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Hadhfang: did you read the fluff part at the beginning of the list? Tau has representatives around the autonomical zone. In HDF this means that Apart from Adolf Ehrnroot, all High Commanders of the HDF are Tau. Tau says what to do and humans say how. HDF is strictly controlled by tau. Also must be noted that HDF has no Navy. only fleets around the area are Kor fleets.

Deus: Yes, I know that spelling is probably one of the greatest problems of the list... Although I used a spell checking program. Apparently it is not perfect.

Quote:

Old 28 Nov 2006, 18:46   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Interesting to say the least. I don't like the system at all personally. I've got my own ad-hoc Tau/guard army. Which is basically just the same as a Tau army which cannot take a Shas'O and has got an extra set of troop choices which are normal guard squads (Gue'la). The only difference is my sgt. (Gue'ui) which I allow to carry a Pulse Carbine or Pulse Rifle (gots me four lovely convertions for these guys). Otherwise I use the guardsmen as guardsmen.

No Heavy weapons

No Special weapons

No Tanks

No Vehicles except sentinels (they're suitably Tauish)

Thats my thoughts. I think its wrong to treat the Gue'la like guard with Tau gear because they're not guard, they're Gue'la. Humans brought up under the Tau'va. Already they are 5-9th generation so I doubt they would still be using guard equipment or even want to go back to the crude equipment. I would keep them with the Lazrilfe however because I think the Tau would see advantages in them keeping it. a) Puts the Gue'la closer to the enemy (meatshield for Tau forces) b) Not a powerful weapon (If an uprising occurred they don't have anything really powerful). c) Its an easy weapon to manufacture.

Of the 'extra' equipment choices the only ones I thought were good were the Comms system (replacement Vox caster/command-link), Night vision (why not keep it as blacksun filter for Gue'vessa).

The list you have given is too much like the Guard still. It would be better posted as a way to play a full guard army with Tau rules rather than as a Tau way to include guard. At the moment the list gives you NO Tau unit choices and gives a guard player using these rules a massive advantage over normal guard. Something not noted was do they still have access to doctrines and is that a command squad or a single unit?

As for the fluff you added. That was good. However I would disagree with the "Stopping an aggressor from reaching an essential location:" This is not a Tau philosophy and so I doubt it would have been doctined into the Gue'vessa. 'Ground is there to make the kill. Once the kill has been made its there for the taking'.

To summarise its a guard list, not a Tau one. Plus I think the extra weapons/abilities give too much of a bias to the player of the list. This belongs in the House rules.

Genmotty
Old 28 Nov 2006, 18:50   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

yes, i did read it, however, the high commanders can't be watching the gue'la all the time, if they rebelled, who would stop them? the high command would not be standing about 3 feet away, they'd be in the main command centre co-ordinating the attacks, there are some races who's loyalty can be taken fo granted, but the humans, is not one of those races
Quote:
many saw no alternative

thease days are still around and are not likely to go away in a hurry, to be honest, i don't see the Tau just letting an entire auxillary force work on it's own, and thee is no army in history 9that ican recall) that has done likewise.

they need a commander on the field to observe their actions, and keep them in line
Old 28 Nov 2006, 18:54   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Genmottyid you either read the fluff part at the beginning of the list? It realy explains alot. I hope... :P

Quote:

Old 28 Nov 2006, 19:01   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I'd see gue'vesa, at least after a few generations, if they still want to fight, most likely not all that different from the tau. If they've opened their eyes (after enough time/generations for all the sabotage to stop) and figured out that 'greater good' is a self-including thing, then humans being the greedy opportunists they are would most likely embrace it, especially if bribes,etc don't work anyways.

By then they'd probably be pretty much the same, perhaps even getting attached to the fire-caste with enough training.

I actually have a handful of humans in my army; used the smallest-looking IG head I could find and glued a markerlight to a boltgun, and voila, a human pathfinder 'ui.
Closed Thread