Warhammer 40K Forum

New Special Issue Wargear
Closed Thread
Old 13 Apr 2006, 20:10   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Rev_Enge(spc)
Default New Special Issue Wargear

Wargear:

Maneuvering Jets- The suit has been upgraded with many smaller thrusters that allow the battlesuit to weave through thick terrain at speed. The model has a 4+ save against Dangerous Terrain wounds. 10 points.

Bio-linked Pilot- Some commanders have undergone greivous injuries in the line of duty. In this case, their suit is upgraded with an intensive lifesupport system, making the Shas warrior literally one with the suit. These warriors can withstand more damage to their battlesuit, an can also react faster with the suit's contols becomeing more directly linked to the Tau's brain. Includes Stim Injectors. The Suit gains +1 Toughness and +1 Initiative. This may not be tken with Ejection System. 35 points.

Experimental Weapon-The battlesuits weapons have been given an experimental system to improve stopping power. 1 weapon may add 1 to its S, subtract 1 from its AP, or add 6" to its range. THe weapon then suffers from Gets Hot!. 10 points.

Flechette CLusters-The Suit is studded with clustes of powerful shaped charges which can be detonated to clear out a spac in an assult. You may detonate them at the beginning of the Assault Phase. The suit may only make 1 attack, but before any other attacks are made, place the small Blast marker with the central hole on te SUit. Any enemy models at least partially covered by the template take an immediate S5, AP6 hit. After the attack, roll a D6. ON a 4+, there are more clusters left. Otherwise, they have run out and the Flechette Clusters may no longer be used in this game. Wounds inflicted by it count for combat resolution. 15 points.

Enhanced Capacity- Some suits have been upgraded with additional carrying capacity and power supplies to be able to carry more weaponry. The Suit has an extra Hardpoint, which, of course, must be filled. 10 points + carried item.

Weapon Unlink The Battlesuit carrie weapons as inviduals, not as subsidiary linked versions. The Commander may buy 2 of the same weapon, not counting them as Twin-Linked. Pay he points for two individual weapons, not the twin-linked version. So Un-linked Plasma Rifles would be 40 points.

Wargear:

Jet Boosters- The Suit has been upgraded with even more engine power. It can attain blinging speeds, but has a risk of overloading. The suit gains the Fleet USR and may always move an additional D6 inches in the Assault Phase. However, on a roll of 1, no extra movement is gained and the Sit takes a Str. D6 hit with no Armor or Invulnerable save possible.

Advanced Target Lock- The suit has been upgraded with an advanced Target Lock, like Shadowsuns'. The suit may fire its weapons at different targets. +10 points

Advanced Multi Tracker- The suit had been equipped with an even more prcise Multi Tracker as well as the power supplies to use it. The suit may fire up to 3 weapons. Because it's only useful with Enhanced Capacity, it comes with that upgrade. +20 points.

Advanced Drone Controller- The Suit has an even better Drone controller that may handle even more AI's. The bearer may take up to 4 Drones as wargear. +5 points plus controlled drones.

NightFight Array- The suit has a large and powerful array to coordinate night actions. Counts as a Blacksun Filter.One Tau or Vespid unit with its Team Leader (Shas'vre, Shas'ui, Strain Leader, etc.) within 12" may use it's effects instead of the Battlesuit. Modles which already have the blacksun filter may, for that turn, may take advantage of the Acute Senses USR. THose that already have it gain no further benfit.

Weapons:

There may only be 2 total Specail Issue weapons per Force Organization chart.

Super Fusion BLaster:- S8 AP1 Range: 18" Assault 1 Melta. 15 points.

Tau Heavy Flamer- As Heavy Flamer. 12 points.

Energy Blade-Some Commanders equip large energy weapons on their suits, as an emergency measure if there is a high risk of being assaulted, or to emulate the renegade Farsight. Counts as Power Weapon. However, on a To Hit roll of 1, the blade flickers off an no longer counts as a Power Weapon for the rest of the turn. 15 points.

Ok, there they are. More Shas'o equipment. Also, thanks to Wargamer, by whom may of these things have been copied inspired by!

"In war, laws are silent"
Old 14 Apr 2006, 13:48   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: New Special Issue Wargear

the masterwork suit seems like it should be more pts...
Old 14 Apr 2006, 16:29   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

i like al of these a lot. the only thing i disagree with is the energy blade thing. i don't like close combat tau. seeing as there won't be any support in the combat it would seem very out of place. i have no problem with the others points cost or anything like that. personally i think that the tau should have had heavy flamers by now anyway.

Old 14 Apr 2006, 21:36   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

I think the Masterwork suit is fine for its points. As for the energy blade, is like a "just in case" thing. Its not very powerful at all- only 1 suit can have it, max effectiveness is S5 WS4 I3. And o a 1 it doesn't work. Might be useful to finish off a Marine squad before it reaches your lines, but really, its not something that you would want to get ito combat with. But I think a Shas'O would much rather willingly engage in assault than see half his firing line slaughtered because of 2 Marines that got to it.

Old 15 Apr 2006, 03:31   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

huh... needs of many vs. needs of few?
Old 17 Apr 2006, 14:22   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

I like...
Masterwork Suit (could be more expensive however)
Bio-linked Pilot (Tau Dreadnought anyone?)
Enhanced Capacity (make at least 15 points)
Tau Heavy Flamer

I don't like...
Flechette Clusters (ugh too confusing and doesn't seem worth the points)
Super Fusion Blaster (I don't like Heavy weapons on my Crisis Suits)
Energy Blade (removes purpose of having Farsight)

A fantastic sig by Kais.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev_Enge(spc)
And there we have it. Gentlemen, we give you Black Behemoth, future Supreme Overlord of Earth.
Old 19 Apr 2006, 00:55   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Took in some suggestions. 25 poitns for the Masterwork suit, and 10 points for Enhanced Capacity. 15points + weapon sounds too much to me.
Melta is Heavy? Better make the Super Blaster assault. I'm going to use most of these later in some Sept-specific rules. The Blade wil be for Vior'la only, then.

Old 19 Apr 2006, 14:01   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Took in some suggestions. 25 poitns for the Masterwork suit, and 10 points for Enhanced Capacity. 15points + weapon sounds too much to me.
Melta is Heavy? Better make the Super Blaster assault. I'm going to use most of these later in some Sept-specific rules. The Blade wil be for Vior'la only, then.
The Meltagun is Assault. The Multi Melta is heavy, but has better range. An assault Multi Melta would be pretty devestating on a Crisis Suit, so if you use it make it at least 22-25 points single-mounted.

A fantastic sig by Kais.

Quote:
And there we have it. Gentlemen, we give you Black Behemoth, future Supreme Overlord of Earth.
Old 19 Apr 2006, 17:02   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Shirrin

Make the super blaster assault 18" and it'd be fine i think. Personally I'd rather see a two shot blaster, but that's just me. Also no twinlinking for the new weapons. Finally drop the extra shot thing from MAsterwork suit, and make it a new item like an enhanced multitracker or some such thing.
Old 19 Apr 2006, 21:10   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Maybe the 3-Shot would work better with a Weapon Un-link upgrade. So you can rain Plasma fire and some other weapon. Making changes...

Closed Thread