Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

COmmand Piranha?
Closed Thread
Old 04 Sep 2006, 01:12   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default COmmand Piranha?

Well, im one for the 'built out of nessesity' theroy. And well, somehow i lost the think you stick on the nose of the Paranha. So after much thought, i stuck the stealth objective marker in there instead, and stuck some spare 'nades, backbacks etc on the side. Now it is my command or resupply paranha (fluff wise) but the same game wise. Cool?
Old 04 Sep 2006, 01:24   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: COmmand Piranha?

I would have no problem with it, but then again one of my regular opponents refuses to buy anything more from games workshop (complains about the prices for the models, then goes out and buys a $50 dollar transformer... : )

so basically I've faced a predator that was just a rhino with a gun From A Different Game and 2 dreadnoughts that were made out of left over ork trukk pieces with guns glued on. The worst part is that he's actually proud of what he has put together... I usually just shake my head and then proceed to destroy his vehicles first (so that I don't have to look at the ugly things). Worst is his land speeders with the "invisible heavy bolter, assault cannons". thats right, he fields between 3 to 5 land speeders that are basically just the body. no driver, no guns, not even the flying base. and then just tells me that they are land speeder tornados.

so if anyone hassles you about the fact that your missing a little piece from an Actual model, you can go ahead and tell them it could be worse....

can't believe he actually uses them... "these ork wartrakks that have a marine driver and a marine shooter are attack bikes..." that would be great if they didn't look like complete ....... .... .....

Old 04 Sep 2006, 01:41   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Wow all i can say is.... BURN!!!

UPDATE: After looking closly at the megaforce cover, all the piranha crew look the same! So i took this upon myself. The pilot in the front seat has his arm in the air, either giving the finger or celebrating a kill (However well the turn went..) and the other is hard at work, head down, fingers typing. There is two carbines glued to the hull around the rear gunner, being the crews personal weapons. Have you seen the inside of those cockpits? No room! Tons of 'nades backpacks, spare weapons, and spreu peaces are either glued or going to be glued on the sides. The stealth objective marker proves very unique looking, and does not block the pilots LoS (fluff wise) I am also considering the tank to have a gaunt clutching onto it, or being run over by it, whatever your perspective. In the pics the turret is not in yet, but everything else is there exept some of the extra stuff.

Also some random fire warriors for the color scheme

Note that the guns are now painted black.

And i apologize for the horrible quality, im using my webcam, tommorow i will post some with my actual camera.
Old 04 Sep 2006, 05:43   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I eagerly await those new pics. No offence, these are almost painful to try and find any amount of detail in them. I can make out the general shape of the Firewarriors and the Pirahna but nothing more. It sounds like a kick-ass idea though.

Steel Skeleton

--Commissar_Will
Old 04 Sep 2006, 05:55   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

The fire warrors look cool... i think... like copper... i think...
Old 04 Sep 2006, 12:19   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howloutloud
... and 2 dreadnoughts that were made out of left over ork trukk pieces with guns glued on.
I agree that this is out of place in most armies, but in the case of Orks... well, if he can put together something that looks vaguely like a dreadnaught out of random bitz, that's just fine. Ork vehicles are supposed to look like a mechanic's nightmare.
Old 04 Sep 2006, 14:15   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abanim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howloutloud
... and 2 dreadnoughts that were made out of left over ork trukk pieces with guns glued on.
I agree that this is out of place in most armies, but in the case of Orks... well, if he can put together something that looks vaguely like a dreadnaught out of random bitz, that's just fine. Ork vehicles are supposed to look like a mechanic's nightmare.
Only one problem with that... He's playing space marines. No Orks, No Chaos just regular old fashioned space marines...

Not the prettiest army I've ever seen. Actually to put it bluntly, it is a horridly converted and horridly painted army. Only about a 3rd of it is actual marines, with another 10% being actual games workshop models. The rest is an unimaginable hodge podge of toys and models from old outdated wargames (anyone ever play Warzone?).

Lets put it this way, He has 2 scout units with sniper rifles that he loves to use. One is the old metal snipers that I traded to him (yet to be painted) and the other, well he uses sheild agents from the Marvel HeroClix game : .

I let it go for two reasons: 1. There aren't a lot of players in my area, and 2. well there really isn't a 2... :'( .