Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

can't reply to an old post
Old 21 Mar 2010, 15:06   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default can't reply to an old post

Hi there,

It seems better to add a question to an existing topic rather than creating a new one.
Before asking my question about multitracker and twin-linked weapons, I did a search and the first result what that post http://forums.tauonline.org/index.ph...c,28578.0.html.
It seemed relevant to ask there beacause my question is closely related to this topic.
However I couldn't find the reply button, probably because the topic is locked. Yes, I noticed the lock icon...
So can anyone explain how I should proceed ?
Should I start a new topic to ask my question regarding Muti-tracker and twin-linked weapons here? Or in the Tau forum ? Or maybe a mod can unlock the original post ?

EDIT : My question, in fact, is more to confirm something than to ask a totally new thing.

Thanks for your patience :-\
Brother DjoulZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Mar 2010, 15:12   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: can't reply to an old post

Just create a new thread for your question. For future reference, if a thread is over a month old then it's frowned upon to revive it unless you have something worthwhile adding. In some cases, a question may be but it's often safer to create a new thread as it can be merged with another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minako
That may just be helped by massive boobs though, i'm female. I don't know how that shiz works...
arandomshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Mar 2010, 15:30   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

With regard to the "Lock", that's a function the Moderators and Admin use to prevent people from posting new things in a thread deemed to be closed and it does remove the "Reply" function so that people can't use it. However, we're not a heartless lot, so depending on the thread in question it may be worth sending a private message (or PM) to one of the Mods of that board to ask whether it could be reopened.

As Broken mentioned, it's frowned upon to post in older threads, and the forum even tells you if a thread is over 60 days old as a reminder. That particular thread that you linked to is over three and a half years old, so that probably wouldn't be a good one to ask to reopen.
[hr]
Masked Thespian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Mar 2010, 17:48   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Ah ok, thanks for making it clear to me.
I'll go and ask my question in the Tau forum then.

Brother DjoulZ is offline   Reply With Quote