Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Confirm - IS this what i think it is?
Old 20 Dec 2009, 11:43   #1 (permalink)
PenPen

Default Confirm - IS this what i think it is?

Hello everyone! Before i sign up/ look around i'd like to confirm what exactly this is. Now, What im looking for is a way to play War hammer 40k WITHOUT that silly MMO and WITHOUT going out and spending thousands on figurines. SO, Basicly a way to Role play war hammer 40k online with a few friends. Now, If i'm correct then this forum offers a way to do that. Can you please confirm?
Old 20 Dec 2009, 11:50   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Confirm - IS this what i think it is?

Yes, I can confirm we have such a board, it's called the Serious Roleplay child-board!, but as it's part of the Enclave Board (Off-Topic board) - I'm unsure if it's inaccessible to the newer members, such as yourself (due to the Forum Rules), which requires you to have at least have 250 posts, in order for you to view and post in the Enclave Boards.

But you can ask a Moderator politely and hopefully they'll let you in.

Dark Adeptus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Dec 2009, 12:01   #3 (permalink)
PenPen

Awesome, Thanks. I've never played before - SO i'll need to learn the rules/tactics/ well, everything. And add to that introductions and off-topic chatting (in the off-topic section, mind you) and i should be able to get a good post count. I'll also get my friend to join, Hopefully we can be in playing sooner rather then later - Thanks for the help, i really appreciate it!
Old 20 Dec 2009, 13:09   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenPen
Awesome, Thanks. I've never played before - SO i'll need to learn the rules/tactics/ well, everything.
You'll only need to ask and we'll help you the best we can, if it's a race question (for example, Eldar) - ask in the Eldar Board etc.

But before you do that, you'll need to read the most important Forum Rules, if you want, I can post a link here, or, if you make a post in the Introduction Board, I can post it there. Or if you've read it already then that's grand!

Quote:
And add to that introductions and off-topic chatting (in the off-topic section, mind you) and i should be able to get a good post count. I'll also get my friend to join, Hopefully we can be in playing sooner rather then later - Thanks for the help, i really appreciate it!
Thing is on TO, posting in the Introduction Board, and Off-Topic board (Enclave) etc, won't count towards your post count, you'll need to post in the General 40k Board and such, and through time, you'll hopefully end up with that crucial 250 posts.

I'll also give your friend a friendly TO welcome.

Quote:
Thanks for the help, i really appreciate it!
Not a problem, if you need any further help, don't hesitate to contact a Moderator, Librarian or even myself, and we'll be happy to help.

Dark Adeptus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Dec 2009, 17:59   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

For clarity, we don't offer any particular way to play the actual game of Warhammer 40k online. Your best bet there would be a program called Vassal, if you can still find the 40k module. We do have a few members who use it, however, and they might be able to help you get started.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Dec 2009, 02:43   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to HiveFleetGoliath

if you want Vassal, i'll be able to get it to you.
PM if you want it
Hopefully, my country's customs don't mistake the Genestealer model as being totally made out of cocaine...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneguard
At least a 5th one, so you can launch a legal squad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droids_Rule
shtlk, I honestly editted instead of posting a reply with a quote. Sorry, Goliath. Trying to figure out these mod abilities.
HiveFleetGoliath is offline   Reply With Quote