Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

The Art Of War - Campaign Notes and Rules
Old 08 Apr 2010, 18:36   #31 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Raving Bonkers
Default Re: The Art Of War - Campaign Notes and Rules

I, Shas'O Va'Re'X, await the arival of combat.

To reach a greater seat in the stars.

The Tau shall be ready!
Tau Vs. Tyranids 0-W 0-D 1-L

Tyranids Vs. Chaos Marines 3-W 0-D 0-L
Tyranids Vs. Space Marines 2-W 0-D 0-L
Tyranids Vs. Tau 1-W 0-D 0-L

Va're'x Campaign Battle #1 ---Va're'x Campaign Battle #2 ---Va're'x Campaign Battle #3 ---Va're'x Campaign Battle #4 ---Va're'x Campaign Battle #5 --- Va're'x Campaign Battle #6
Raving Bonkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Apr 2010, 18:43   #32 (permalink)
PNW
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedhoradh
Edit: I thought this went without saying, but I had a PM inquiring about it. You may NOT post or play as a non-Eldar race of any kind - Tau, Human, whatever. This is only for Eldar, though it does apply to all kinds of Eldar, as evidenced by the business in the opening bumf about messengers going to Exodite worlds, pirate ships and even to Commorragh itself.
Old 08 Apr 2010, 18:46   #33 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Raving Bonkers

simply saying. love the idea and hope it works. then look forward to a tau campaign. all sounds so great
Tau Vs. Tyranids 0-W 0-D 1-L

Tyranids Vs. Chaos Marines 3-W 0-D 0-L
Tyranids Vs. Space Marines 2-W 0-D 0-L
Tyranids Vs. Tau 1-W 0-D 0-L

Va're'x Campaign Battle #1 ---Va're'x Campaign Battle #2 ---Va're'x Campaign Battle #3 ---Va're'x Campaign Battle #4 ---Va're'x Campaign Battle #5 --- Va're'x Campaign Battle #6
Raving Bonkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Apr 2010, 03:18   #34 (permalink)
Shas'O

OOC- Well, if we can't play against you and steal your points by destroying eldar...
Might as well join up then.

"I pledge my ships to the Craftworld of Saim Hann. We will exceed the Farseer's every expectation at every task appointed to us in the greatest time of our race."

(OOC-More to come tomorrow, hopefully.)

Edit- I though yesterday was Friday. XP
So I must put off my BFG exploits until tomorrow.

Seventh Sanctum signature oddities.
Alignment: Neutral Pessimistic
Area of Magical Study: Practical Chronomancy
Favorite Spells: Divine Spell of the Cotton Candy Golem and Field of Bacon.

Proud supporter of Joe Wood!

Makes this your one good deed a day.
http://www.thehungersite.com/
enderwiggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Apr 2010, 21:11   #35 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Organised a game today for this campaign, it was great fun.
Involved some Orks trying to defend a rocket whilst the Eldar had to destroy it in order for the craftworld to pass by. Once the rocket was destroyed the Eldar then had to fighting retreat whilst Space Marines deep striked around them. It was a great game and very hard fought (the eldar won most of the games although the results weren't so clear cut (2-1) so the rules may need some refining.

Do you want me to post up the rules and BR? It will take some time but i'll get on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piedmon
Phwoar.
manic-swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Apr 2010, 21:12   #36 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Boneguard Send a message via Yahoo to Boneguard

Regale us with the story of your exploit.

I Invite you to join my collective story and to add to it.

My ascension to GODHOOD
Boneguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Apr 2010, 05:56   #37 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Colonel Marksman

Before I jump in:

Quote:
Be consistent. Don't be fighting for Saim-Hann one day and Commorragh the next! If you have written fluff that you wish to be considered for faction points, post in the Scores thread saying so.
You probably didn't read the fluff on the Craftworld I wish to represent (the Elati) , so this rule is posing a problem for me. As you're probably busy, I'll just say that the Elati Craftworld is a mercenary Craftworld. Most of it's battles revolve around fighting for another Craftworld. Their personal intents and purposes are difficult, even for Eldar to figure out, simply because they intermingle and fight for others so often.

What I was hoping to do was pick a Craftworld (not Commorragh) and declare fighting for them at various points, and if deemed "important enough" be elevated to the next round as a Craftworld on it's own (or sometime in the future).

Looks like Alaitoc is having some trouble and are currently busy, fighting a psychic plague disease, or feel that their participation will influence their destruction. Here's what I want to do: pledge service to Alaitoc, but still be fighting as the Elati. (Usually, the Elati fight under Iyenden, but they seem to be doing fine on their own and don't want help.) At your discretion, offer to move up *my* Craftworld to a more important position just as if it were in Other.

If not, then the Elati will sit back, relax, and watch as their brethren Craftworlds destroy themselves in war. And when the campaign is over, move in and take advantage by offering services of war where needed (as the other Craftworlds will be weary). IOW, I will sit this one out, which is perfectly ok with me.

The answer is yours, Cedhoradh. After all, the Harlequins do have a strong historical influence within our Craftworld.

Games in the Past Month:
Tau: W-1, T-0, L-1
Witch H: W-0, T-0, L-0
Eldar: W-2, T-0, L-1
Guard: W-0, T-0, L-0
Other: W-2, T-1, L-0
Colonel Marksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Apr 2010, 12:49   #38 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Marksman
Before I jump in:

Quote:
Be consistent. Don't be fighting for Saim-Hann one day and Commorragh the next! If you have written fluff that you wish to be considered for faction points, post in the Scores thread saying so.
You probably didn't read the fluff on the Craftworld I wish to represent (the Elati)
I did - as mod of the Eldar board I read every topic we have - but as I'm sure you can appreciate I have a lot on my plate in terms of the forum currently, so that's why I've not replied. It would be different if you had specifically asked for advice, but you seem to know what you're doing (or your cousin does, as I believe he wrote it?) which is why I haven't chimed in yet.

Quote:
so this rule is posing a problem for me. As you're probably busy, I'll just say that the Elati Craftworld is a mercenary Craftworld. Most of it's battles revolve around fighting for another Craftworld. Their personal intents and purposes are difficult, even for Eldar to figure out, simply because they intermingle and fight for others so often.

What I was hoping to do was pick a Craftworld (not Commorragh) and declare fighting for them at various points, and if deemed "important enough" be elevated to the next round as a Craftworld on it's own (or sometime in the future).

Looks like Alaitoc is having some trouble and are currently busy, fighting a psychic plague disease, or feel that their participation will influence their destruction. Here's what I want to do: pledge service to Alaitoc, but still be fighting as the Elati. (Usually, the Elati fight under Iyenden, but they seem to be doing fine on their own and don't want help.) At your discretion, offer to move up *my* Craftworld to a more important position just as if it were in Other.

If not, then the Elati will sit back, relax, and watch as their brethren Craftworlds destroy themselves in war. And when the campaign is over, move in and take advantage by offering services of war where needed (as the other Craftworlds will be weary). IOW, I will sit this one out, which is perfectly ok with me.

The answer is yours, Cedhoradh. After all, the Harlequins do have a strong historical influence within our Craftworld.
That was my intention. If you are fighting in service of one of the "Big Five," you don't suddenly "become" them - it just means that your craftworld is fighting to further the interests of another. Do not worry, if you put your points into Alaitoc I will notice that it is you doing it and if you do it enough I would promote Elati to a "full" side in the next round. I just didn't want people with their own Craftworlds (or corsair bands) flitting around putting points into a different Craftworld/faction for every game, that's all.
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Apr 2010, 18:39   #39 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Colonel Marksman

Keep up the hard work, Cedhoradh. I will keep your name as part of my list of hardest-working mods for the 2010 Grand Awards.

Games in the Past Month:
Tau: W-1, T-0, L-1
Witch H: W-0, T-0, L-0
Eldar: W-2, T-0, L-1
Guard: W-0, T-0, L-0
Other: W-2, T-1, L-0
Colonel Marksman is offline   Reply With Quote