Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Rallying Cry!
Old 02 Apr 2010, 20:27   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak
Default Rallying Cry!

"He's dead."

"Hm?" the Grand Shadowseer looked up at the lesser disciple of the Laughing God who had disrupted his meditation.

"Eldrad Ulthran of Ulthwe. He is dead."

Roused, the Shadowseer rose to his feet. "You are certain?"

"Yes."

"Then we have no time to waste. The incursion has been halted. It is now time for us to strike back. The Webway shall ring with our songs. Our time will not come again. Our time is now."

The Harlequin nodded. They had prepared for this moment for centuries, and now it was finally starting. He knew what he had to do, and, bowing his head, he fled from the Grand Shadowseer's sight.

"Our time is running out."

[hr]

On a desert battlefield, the bodies of corrupted dead lay like stones. The enemy had been routed, and the Burning Lance strode like a daemon over the dunes, evaporating any of the foe he found still living with his mighty pike. This day the red harvest had been magnificent. Yet something stirred in the back of his mind, and Fuegan turned his gaze toward the barren sun of this system.

[hr]

Across the Craftworlds, portals roared into existence. Amid the glorious spires of Ulthwe, the clan halls of Saim Hann and the flowing red rivers of Kianshemas, Harlequins ran. Over the verdant pastures of Exodite maiden worlds, on the bridges of the star-striding vessels of the Corsairs and even in the dread halls of the dark city of Commorragh itself the followers of Cegorach capered and danced, bringing news and tidings of wars that had been, wars that were, and, most significantly, the war that was to come.

It was a legend that all Eldar knew. But something had been lacking in the legend - it failed to specify anything like a duration. Something marvelous was to come. Something marvelous and terrible.

Blood ran. Anger rose. Death woke.

The war calls.

[hr]

Of all the races of our galaxy, none can match the Eldar for psychic potential. It is this hypersensitivity that first drew the gaze of the dark gods to this fair race, and has proved simultaneously their greatest strength and their ultimate downfall. Thanks to their hubris and decadence, an empire of billions was brought to its knees with barely five score bastions remaining as testament to their former might.

This holocaust, coupled with their prodigious future-gazing abilities, would be enough to send a lesser race into a spiraling cascade of despair and self-destruction, but not so for the Eldar. When naught but death and a slow decay into anonymity is all the future holds for you, why bother going on?

I can only countenance one answer: that these aliens have seen their end, and it is far brighter and more glorious than any previous event in their already distinguished history. I pray that humanity will survive it.

- Inquisitor Jecht Guildenstern's last report to the Ordo Xenos on the Eldar

[hr]

"We have always considered the Rhana Dandra to be the last, single great battle against the forces of Chaos. The battle where those last few of our race make their final stand, and the mighty Phoenix Lords finally fall for the last time, along with every other noble Eldar living in those dark times to come. Perhaps this should herald the birth of our final god, perhaps it will all be for naught, but nevertheless it has always been considered to be a final, beautiful, sole event.

What if we were wrong? What if it is beginning, even now? What if this Rhana Dandra is not a battle, but a war? A monstrous and long-lasting shadow war that shall simply culminate in the final battle the stories tell us of?

I fear it has already begun, and the followers of Cegorach, should they survive, will be able to add a wondrous finale to their 'Dance Without End.'"

-Farseer Anthillien of Ulthwe

[hr]

Gather round, my friends. Gather, and hark unto me. Farseers, Autarchs, Pirate Captains, Exodite Matriarchs, fellow Great Harlequins, and, it seems, some of our Dark Kin - I am pleased to see you also see the significance in what I have to say. My messengers by now will have reached you all, and you will know why I have gathered you here. The final war has begun. The dread despoiler of Chaos, he who bears the mark of all four Gods ascendant, has been vanquished and driven back by the combined forces of Man and Eldar at the height of his thirteenth foray out of the baleful eye of darkness, yet we have no time for respite. Nor does our brief alliance with the Imperium allow us any opportunity for forgiveness - they remain the same as they always have been, locusts on the domain that was once ours.

I cannot lie to you, though. Our days in this realm are fading. Scant millennia remain before we shall all be annihilated. While he has been defeated, the Despoiler will return. The undying followers of the C'tan are rising. And the great beast from beyond the Eastern Fringe shows no signs of slowing, as I'm sure those of you from proud Iyanden can attest.

We have, I believe, only one option.

We must strike out. No delays. No more meditation on the matter. We have spent thousands upon thousands of years preparing for a future that may come, yet now it is clear in the wake of such wholesale chaotic destruction that we must take great, singular action now. We must strike out. Too many times have we made petty war amongst ourselves, bickering over alternative interpretations of what is yet to come to pass. We must unite.

We cannot wait for our glory to simply come again, as if the turning of the tides. We must take it ourselves.

Now.

- Grand Harlequin Cedhoradh addressing the largest Eldar conclave of its kind, 887.M42

[hr]
[hr]
[hr]

Well boys and girls, I think you know what this is all about now! This is indeed, as some of you have surmised, a grand campaign I have organised for you, the Eldar players of Tau Online. This is just a brief chunk of background to whet your appetites, soon I shall provide you with more immediate objectives than "Go out and make war" and inform you how you can contribute to this - but let me tell you, there are many ways for you to get involved, even if you can't play any games you will still have an effect on the storyline should you wish it.

Full rules will be up either later tonight or tomorrow morning, but until then... feel free to comment! In character as your army's commander or otherwise, I don't mind - though obviously I'd prefer the former!

[hr]

Edit: I thought this went without saying, but I had a PM inquiring about it. You may NOT post or play as a non-Eldar race of any kind - Tau, Human, whatever. This is only for Eldar, though it does apply to all kinds of Eldar, as evidenced by the business in the opening bumf about messengers going to Exodite worlds, pirate ships and even to Commorragh itself.
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Apr 2010, 20:44   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Boneguard Send a message via Yahoo to Boneguard
Default Re: Rallying Cry!

In the heart of the Webway, near the Dark City of Commorragh stood a dark tower which was bristling with Activity.

"Arise my Children." a Dark Figure could be heard above the sounds and the commotion, "Get Ready, our time is now. Today the Children of Arhra arises and sets forth to reclaim thier rightful place!"

Black armoured Striking Scorpion and Incubi as well as Warriors and Guardians cheered...their moment of truth was upon them.

I Invite you to join my collective story and to add to it.

My ascension to GODHOOD
Boneguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Apr 2010, 22:21   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

The solar winds howled around the wraithbone structure, the sculptures bare of light or life.
This was a craftworld devoid of life all too long, the elegant structures poisoned by the same drug that had sent the population into a state of death. At the time it had been necessary, the swarm of Tyranids had swept the galaxy with more power then seen since the mon keigh's great crusade, but the plan had gone wrong. The craftworld had been swept far out into the reaches, the psychic cries of the lost Eldar brothers reaching far out had still fallen short, until now.

"Our time is now"

The cry had reached futher then any before. A lone Autarch stood proud on the balcony, the dormant forms of the Eldar laying like a vast carpet below him. They had known the darkness of death albeit temporarily, their souls bound to their bodies, this was their time. The Autarch raised his sword and screamed into the craftworld.
War.

(This is my first time making a craftworld and its especially for this, i have no clue about fluff and very limited Eldar experience so any help building the background would be nice)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piedmon
Phwoar.
manic-swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Apr 2010, 22:53   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Warpspiderman

The air sizzled and coughed around the last stongpoint of the ork encampment, all but destroyed in the initial sweep of the Wave Serpents. The ork gunner turned, perplexed by the disturbance. Suddenly, a blade grew out of the thin air, followed by a large, red and black spider. The ork yelped and started to turn away, but the spider-thing was too fast. It a split second the blade had sliced into the greenskin's skull, bypassing his crude iron helmet with ease.

The exarch paused only for a second to acquire positions on the rest of the mob. In a few quick seconds the death-webs were upon them, his allied Warp Spiders piling more and more onto the struggling mob. As they tried to run their legs were severed undearneath them and the remaining orks were turned to a bloody pulp less than a minute after Exarch Freyoth had materialized from the warp.

"Excellent work," he said from behind his elaborate helm. The message was recieved by the rest of the squad.

"The vermin cannot die quickly enough," hissed one of them.

A transmission hushed the Exarch's response to the young one.

"Lord Freyoth, Farseer Ril'Orioss summons you to the cruiser. Immediately. The attack is being pulled off." Said a soft voice in his helmet.

"In our moment of glory?" Questioned the exarch to the transmission.

"There are more important things than dealing with these creatures. Come quickly, the Farseer grows impatient."

The warp spider squad teleported inside the nearest transport ship, a procedure that had required much training. The ship quickly ascended from the ground, along with the rest of the attack force. It appeared as though all the ships were headed back to the craftworld.

The Exarch took off his helmet and heard another voice, this one coming from deep within his mind.

"My lord Freyoth, return quickly. I do not wish to leave you on this planet. Craftworld Ril'Okai departs soon. The final battle has begun, and we have been summoned by the Great Council.”

The Exarch bowed his head in thought. There was only one reason his craftworld would ever be called on by the Council. He knew what would be coming. The great battle for which he and all his kind had prepared for all their lives. The Rhana Dandra.
Old 02 Apr 2010, 23:13   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to LordZanuu

A lone Webway Gate stood atop a precipice above the Valley of the Damned, a vast storm swirled around it's tip, the blood-red clouds disappearing into the webway in a great spiral.
Huge columns of blue lightning streaked through the sky, sending waves of thunder rolling through the rain-filled sky.

Then, silence. The rain hammered down, and lightning tore through the sky, but no sound. Not a breath.

A white flash emitted from the base of the webway gate, and a figure emerged. His great stature dwarfed by the portal through which he emerged turned slowly and he placed a hand against the gate.
He turned back and leapt to the sky, the lightning arcing round him and rain avoiding him, it was Baharroth - The Cry of the Wind.
He raised his hands to the clouds swirling above his head and laughed, the sound exploded around him and triggered the thunder to roll once more down the cliff face into eternity.
"It begins," He whispered to the rain, and the Gate sprung once more into life.

(Craftworld Xann-Marra)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapter Master Seth
you can never go wrong with a little promethium.
Your resident MathHammerererer-er.
LordZanuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Apr 2010, 02:47   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Colonel Marksman

Hmm...

There's going to be too many "other" Craftworlds I think. I'm not the commander of my own Craftworld; that belongs to my cousin. I'd have to ask his permission to join with it because it's not my Craftworld with which to join.

The "heretical" Craftworld of sorts might even end up being split about this (between the elder, wiser group and the much younger, fanatical group).

That might not stop me from using another canonical Craftworld to try and get some of them in there.

Games in the Past Month:
Tau: W-1, T-0, L-1
Witch H: W-0, T-0, L-0
Eldar: W-2, T-0, L-1
Guard: W-0, T-0, L-0
Other: W-2, T-1, L-0
Colonel Marksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Apr 2010, 13:48   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Marksman
Hmm...

There's going to be too many "other" Craftworlds I think. I'm not the commander of my own Craftworld; that belongs to my cousin. I'd have to ask his permission to join with it because it's not my Craftworld with which to join.

The "heretical" Craftworld of sorts might even end up being split about this (between the elder, wiser group and the much younger, fanatical group).

That might not stop me from using another canonical Craftworld to try and get some of them in there.
You have a point, Marksman. Don't worry, I'll be addressing it when I post up the rules.
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Old 05 Apr 2010, 02:29   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Warpspiderman

I don't have to be my whole craftworld: I can just be a Naiad class cruiser with a few aspects on it.
Old 05 Apr 2010, 03:46   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Colonel Marksman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpspiderman
I don't have to be my whole craftworld: I can just be a Naiad class cruiser with a few aspects on it.
So could I, more easily in fact; the Elati Craftworld my cousin devised is a mercenary craftworld. It has the training, technology, and experience of every single other Craftworld, thus specializing in all arts of war.

All I have to do is pick another Craftworld and claim to be in service with it. If I want a very fast Jetbike/skimmer army, no need to change colors; just throw out the Jetbikes and skimmers with a Saim-Hann type army list.

But the problem with the idea is that in a campaign, if all the players conduct battles only with their non-canon Craftworlds, what kind of a campaign is that? It's the biggest war in the history of Eldar for Isha's sake.

Games in the Past Month:
Tau: W-1, T-0, L-1
Witch H: W-0, T-0, L-0
Eldar: W-2, T-0, L-1
Guard: W-0, T-0, L-0
Other: W-2, T-1, L-0
Colonel Marksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Apr 2010, 05:15   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Marksman
But the problem with the idea is that in a campaign, if all the players conduct battles only with their non-canon Craftworlds, what kind of a campaign is that? It's the biggest war in the history of Eldar for Isha's sake.
Trust me the campaign rules will be up tomorrow, and all will be clarified.

You may call me Circus.