Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Rallying Cry!
Old 05 Apr 2010, 21:19   #11 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Rallying Cry!

I'll take one of the more well known craftworlds, i can't say i'll paint in their colours but at least they will be represented.
Just need to dig out my codex now ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piedmon
Phwoar.
manic-swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Apr 2010, 11:38   #12 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Lord Zambia

There was movement in the shadows. Not enough to see any particular shapes, but enough to suggest that an army was on the move. The Kabal of the Screaming Shadows had waited long for this opportunity. Their mandrakes were hungry, their Haemonculi bored with the lack of fresh "volunteers", and their Archon, Lord Zyphir, desired new blood on his agonizer as the old stains were beginning to fade.

The Kabal of the Screaming Shadows were well-known for the loud ear-thundering noises which they shriek before springing an assault out of nowhere. The sheer volume of their screams and vehicle engines is so loud that it fills the air with a block of sound, making it impossible to tell from which direction the attack is actually coming from. The Kabal is well known for quick and agile units springing out of nowhere, fast vehicles with deadly scythes and screaming engines and also the haemonculi and their endless experiments on the not always willing servants.

The Kabal of the Screaming Shadows is not the kind of visitors any planet will want to greet, and it seems that nothing will deter them from their mindset of war.

Lord Zambia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhontauel
4 lightening claws LMAO. wouldn't the inquisition get involved?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedibean
Killing terminators with flamers is like trying to stop a charging elephant with a fly swatter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genmotty
if your not going to change your ammo between battles then you deserve to be giving people rashes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrino
Ah, that's a shame. It's kind of funny, because I'd imagine that running headfirst into a force field would pretty much ruin your initiative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire at Will
Why not take over France? You could do it with a pistol, which in doing would make you the most armed man in the country.
Want to play Robot Wars using 40k Concepts? PM me for details on how you can get your FREE copy of the rules.
Lord Zambia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Apr 2010, 04:20   #13 (permalink)
Shas'O

Farseer Emmaniel stepped out upon a raised balcony, sculpted from the organic wraithbone of his craftworld. The winds circling the insides of the city starship gently rustled his robes, their sage green designs brushing along his polished white, formfitting armor. He held his Ghosthelm steady in one arm and looked out across the staging ground below.

The message from the conclave had been clear and he appreciated the Eldar call to action. For too long the Eldar race had been allowed to dwindle. His once great race had been brought low, and his people were dangerously nearing complete extinction. A coordinated strike to secure a future for the Eldar race was long overdue.

His visions on the appropriate course of action had been as clear as they were blunt. War had long since plagued a cluster of maiden worlds - the Tau Empire and Orkish hordes had battled over the system for years, and recently several chapters of the human Astartes had 'cleansed' the planets. The Astartes were a dangerous foe, but they were not expecting the Eldar - the planets could be reclaimed, refertilized for a new future.

Emmaniel gripped his staff tightly and checked his shuriken pistol. Below him Wave Serpents gracefully fell towards scores of Aspect Warriors of various colors, all preparing for the coming attack. Marksmen and swordsmen alike, their lethal practice honed for centuries, armed themselves for war. Wraith constructs were woken, Guardians drawn from the cities. The tranquility of the craftworld was gone - the horns of war were sounding.

The Farseer turned back into the wraithbone structure to join the gathering warhost, both eager and bitter. The humans would be purged. The Biel-Tan Swordwind would march to war once more to cleanse the maiden worlds of their non-Eldar infestation. The galaxy would one day belong once more to the great Eldar race.

Blood runs. Anger rises. Death wakes. War calls!
Droids_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Apr 2010, 08:56   #14 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Colonel Marksman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapter Master Seth
Farseer Emmaniel stepped out upon a raised balcony, sculpted from the organic wraithbone of his craftworld. The winds circling the insides of the city starship gently rustled his robes, their sage green designs brushing along his polished white, formfitting armor. He held his Ghosthelm steady in one arm and looked out across the staging ground below.

The message from the conclave had been clear and he appreciated the Eldar call to action. For too long the Eldar race had been allowed to dwindle. His once great race had been brought low, and his people were dangerously nearing complete extinction. A coordinated strike to secure a future for the Eldar race was long overdue.

His visions on the appropriate course of action had been as clear as they were blunt. War had long since plagued a cluster of maiden worlds - the Tau Empire and Orkish hordes had battled over the system for years, and recently several chapters of the human Astartes had 'cleansed' the planets. The Astartes were a dangerous foe, but they were not expecting the Eldar - the planets could be reclaimed, refertilized for a new future.

Emmaniel gripped his staff tightly and checked his shuriken pistol. Below him Wave Serpents gracefully fell towards scores of Aspect Warriors of various colors, all preparing for the coming attack. Marksmen and swordsmen alike, their lethal practice honed for centuries, armed themselves for war. Wraith constructs were woken, Guardians drawn from the cities. The tranquility of the craftworld was gone - the horns of war were sounding.

The Farseer turned back into the wraithbone structure to join the gathering warhost, both eager and bitter. The humans would be purged. The Biel-Tan Swordwind would march to war once more to cleanse the maiden worlds of their non-Eldar infestation. The galaxy would one day belong once more to the great Eldar race.

Blood runs. Anger rises. Death wakes. War calls!
I'm pretty sure the focus of the campaign is the complete extermination of Chaos (or at least removing it's link to the material world).

Games in the Past Month:
Tau: W-1, T-0, L-1
Witch H: W-0, T-0, L-0
Eldar: W-2, T-0, L-1
Guard: W-0, T-0, L-0
Other: W-2, T-1, L-0
Colonel Marksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Apr 2010, 11:04   #15 (permalink)
Shas'O

Was it? I'll change the target to Chaos if so. I thought it was just 'a strike,' capitalizing on the end of the last Black Crusade - the Eldar race is striking out in general and the individual battlegrounds are to be decided by each player and his gaming group.
Droids_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Apr 2010, 14:31   #16 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak

Seth's right, Marksman. It's a great push out in general, that will evolve into the final war against Chaos. If it was just meant to be exterminating Chaos, there'd have been a much greater focus on that in the first post in this thread.
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Apr 2010, 00:17   #17 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedhoradh
Seth's right, Marksman. It's a great push out in general, that will evolve into the final war against Chaos. If it was just meant to be exterminating Chaos, there'd have been a much greater focus on that in the first post in this thread.
Oh ok. Because the Rhana Dandra is the final battle against Chaos and the scale of such an epic event is... quite enormous. I mean, we're talking about the complete destruction (or sealing off) of Chaos entirely as well as the predicted complete destruction of the Eldar race. It's even a possibility that both the material universe and the Immaterium will be gone at the end of this conflict; extinguishing Chaos at the expense of the universe (not just the galaxy). This battle would be more epic than the Laughing God, C'tan, and the Emperor plunging head-long into the Eye of Terror together to rescue Isha from Nurgle and then slay all four Deamons themselves, and when they're done with the eternal destruction of Nurgle, Slaanesh, Tzeench, and Khorne, seal up all openings from the realm of Chaos into the universe.

I mean, more epic than that.

Personally, I don't see the Eldar ready for that kind of commitment at this moment in time.

Games in the Past Month:
Old 08 Apr 2010, 00:45   #18 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Marksman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedhoradh
Oh ok. Because the Rhana Dandra is the final battle against Chaos and the scale of such an epic event is... quite enormous. I mean, we're talking about the complete destruction (or sealing off) of Chaos entirely as well as the predicted complete destruction of the Eldar race. It's even a possibility that both the material universe and the Immaterium will be gone at the end of this conflict; extinguishing Chaos at the expense of the universe (not just the galaxy). This battle would be more epic than the Laughing God, C'tan, and the Emperor plunging head-long into the Eye of Terror together to rescue Isha from Nurgle and then slay all four Deamons themselves, and when they're done with the eternal destruction of Nurgle, Slaanesh, Tzeench, and Khorne, seal up all openings from the realm of Chaos into the universe.

I mean, more epic than that.

Personally, I don't see the Eldar ready for that kind of commitment at this moment in time.
Yeah, that's why this isn't that =P

I thought I'd made it clear. This campaign is not the Rhana Dandra, if there is such a thing, it is the start of something that could be the Rhana Dandra. This war could, and probably will, last for a thousand or even thousands of years before the epic final battle you are speaking of takes place. It would also be impossible to run such a thing as a campaign, and not even I have balls enough to try!

The comment regarding Fuegan in the first post (cited in many sources as he who will unite the Phoenix Lords for the Rhana Dandra) is designed to get people thinking - he could indeed be uniting the Phoenix Lords for the Rhana Dandra as we speak, even though that conflict will not end for millennia, as it is beginning now. Another way to look at it was it began a long time ago, and is ongoing. One of the big things I want to challenge and work with in this campaign is the perception of time, especially with regard to prophecy and vague events and the lifespans not of individuals but of species - how much time do the Eldar have left? Are they waiting for a final battle or has it already begun? How long will it last? At the moment it's fairly broad but as the Eldar side of what will hopefully wind up as an ongoing TO campaign for all the races (alternating between them (or perhaps pairs or trios) to save my soul from the amount of work it would be :P) develops, the notion of what is meant by certain phrases or words or prophecies regarding time will become very important.

And yeah, I have just given some of the game away, but I don't want the players to be TOO confused
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Apr 2010, 01:50   #19 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Oh ok. That makes much more sense.

Games in the Past Month:
Old 11 Apr 2010, 12:42   #20 (permalink)
Shas'La

Autarch Ymilsir-jiion stood silent upon an elegant balcony. The news of War had reached him. Below him, in a vast hall larger than that in any other Craftworld, the Bonesingers were at work. Vast hulls of Wraithbone spun, webs of energy dancing to strip away what was not needed and build upon other areas. In the centre, the sillouette of a majestic Warlock Titan was framed against the rest of the hall, numerous bonesingers shaping and adding components to its form. Ymilsir-jiion Turned to inspect the Constructions that had already been completed. After weaving his way through several intricate corridors, he came upon a hallway filled with the offensive roster of the Craftworld. Row upon row of Shelves filled with Shuriken Catpults and Fusion guns. Racks of Shuriken Cannons. Rounded bin brimming with Hundreds upon hundreds of Shuriken Pistols. And behind the armoury, row upon row upon row of Falcons and Fire Prisms and Wave Serpents and Night Spinners and Firestorms. A tilted storage rack brimming with Vypers and Jetbikes. And behind that, a Dozen Scorpions and a Dozen Cobra. 6 Revenants, 2 Phantom Titans. And a spot reserved for the Titan still under construction. There were easily one and a half thousand vehicles in the hall. And soon they would move together as one. The final touches were being made to the craft still under construction. In the aspect shrines, ancient suits of armour were awakened and readied. In the central area of thetown, Hundreds of Guardians stood ready. Many more were preparing to Pilot the elegant craft the craftworld was famous for.
Yme-Loc was preparing for war, and soon they would be on their way. The Craftworlds main webway portal swelled to twice it's normal size in preperation for what was to come.
Blood runs. Anger Rises. Death wakes. War Calls!
ultimatedragonlord is offline   Reply With Quote