Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

More Marines!!! Curses...
Closed Thread
Old 20 Sep 2005, 10:58   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default More Marines!!! Curses...

Is it just me, or are there more marine armies than ever before? with the release of the new codex, they've become even more popular, (and hideously nasty) and it just leaves me bored. you never see any of the "good" old bad guys, (eldar pirates, 'nids, orks, etc) just more and more variants on marines!!! is it the same for everyone else? :-\
Old 20 Sep 2005, 11:07   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: More Marines!!! Curses...

everyone and their monkey plays space wolves here, or chaos space marines. vanilla marines are a rare treat!

Still, as much as we loathe marines, they are the biggest seller in 40k, and do have the most iconic imagery, and fluff to back it up. It seems to me that other armies are a secondary army to your first army, that being space marines.

*shrugs*

It would be nice though to see more armies that were not varieties of smurfs, or starcannon laden eldar forces.

and nids are becoming fairly popular now, with their new codex. there's plenty hivefleets around.....

"What warriors of men can stand beside the Space Wolves! The Sons of Fenris they are, hardened in the forge of their harsh world, eager for battle and honour. They are the grey warriors, ashen like the wolf, whose greatest joy is to hear the clamour of steel amidst the din of war. None can step before them, they are the first, proud in their strength and jealous of their renown. Through the storms of the warp they come, upon the very tides of terror, but of such dangers they are uncaring. They are the Space Wolves, the Undefeated, the bane of the Emperor's foes."
Old 20 Sep 2005, 11:12   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I have noticed a lot more marine armies being called in my group. (Dark A. Iron Hands, Black Templers and Space Wolves already taken) but everyone pretty much relizes that one smurf is pretty much the nex smurf, so thougth our second army is smurf, we really just focus on our main army.
Old 20 Sep 2005, 11:34   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

am back... what i'm saying is that it just isn't much fun pasting chapter after chapter of marines any more, i'd have thought that with the amount that us tau have killed, there wouldn't be any left, and the imperium would only have remembered them as a legend/myth.

This isn't a chat room, think of it more as a pinboard. You pin something up, then someone else will. The point is you don't have to be here the whole time, you don't have to let us know when you leave. Hope this clears things up a bit.
Old 20 Sep 2005, 12:41   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Oceania, Southern Hemisphere
Send a message via MSN to tyrehire

Yeh I wish they were a Myth
All 5 players that I've played have been Space Marines, and I got an invite to play another! Honestly, I'm quite sick of smushing power armour finatics, I'd prefer to fight a good Ork army (go Aun'Shi!).

Tau player: "Don't worry, he has a 'Though shall always come back to life the next episode' special rule"

Don't like Games Workshops big prices? Sign a petition at http://www.petitiononline.com/eg126s/petition.html

Vote for Tau Onlie at http://www.wabbithole.com/lists/index02.html
Old 20 Sep 2005, 15:08   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Everyone has a marine army now. The Ork Player here just went and put togethe a huge Marine army. It is now very huge and well painted, but it's another marine army.

I now only bring my Tau army, I feel sorry for my pups but that is how it goes. I think I try something new with them. I might have to make about or 6 drop pods and just go crazy with em.

WT
Eldar Blog http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=59588.0
My Non-Breaking Flying base for http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=59730.0
Old 20 Sep 2005, 16:00   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

I have a Marine army, but like with my others I do the damn best I can to be origional and playing a unique style - the first incarnation of my Eldar army had no Starcannon below 1500 points, which is a bit of a clue where I'm coming from.

The new Marine codex has only two functions - magnetize n00bs, and force them to buy a rulebook.

Personally, I think marines are a good way to go after you have played with the tactically challenging forces (Tau and Eldar in my case), rather than a vehicle for brand-new morons who couldn't fight their way out of the Tac Squad box with another army.
Old 20 Sep 2005, 16:20   #8 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by KorOViorla Mesme
am back... what i'm saying is that it just isn't much fun pasting chapter after chapter of marines any more, i'd have thought that with the amount that us tau have killed, there wouldn't be any left, and the imperium would only have remembered them as a legend/myth.
I have got to tell WG about this. ;D
Old 20 Sep 2005, 16:52   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

the reason for this is that people are put of tau due to snooty tau players,
like me
i collect almost everything so i know why we get what we do,
for me it was because they are cool to make and play

Praise be to the Omnissiah.url=http://www.pickle-green.com/egraphics/main.php?id=eggs][/url]
Old 20 Sep 2005, 18:33   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

It's funny that in see a lot of people compaining about how many people play SW. I am one of only 2 that play space wolves at my local GW. Ones a complete noob, and I am a veteran. what I see most at my store is either Tau or Korne. Tau which can take quite a bit of skill to play. Khorne which take no skill.
Thats what I see at my store.
Closed Thread