Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

White Dwarf
Closed Thread
Old 20 Sep 2005, 08:50   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to wyrd_ian
Default White Dwarf

For any of those who read White dwarf Have you noticed that it seems to have been going down hill. This passed year I haven't read a decent White Dwarf since last year

Any Thought?
-Disney: He's the puppet master, both our damnation and salvation. He rewards our successes and punishes us for our hubris (often in subtle but horrible ways). I suggest we do our best not to anger him, he is the greatest asset to our campaign and potentially the most fearsome foe we'll ever face.
Old 20 Sep 2005, 09:34   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to arguleon-veq
Default Re: White Dwarf

They do actually seem to have cut back on all the adverts in it. I still think it's a good read. Seems to have more pages than it used to also.
Old 20 Sep 2005, 10:30   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I have always enjoyed looking at the golden demon competition section. you can usually see some good painting and conversions.
Old 20 Sep 2005, 10:45   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

i haven't bothered getting the last few issues.

I'd agree though. in general, quality is bad. the tactica's they give can be bad (especially the recent eldar ones!) and you cangenerally get better tacticas on any forum on the net.

Only occassionally do we get somethnig worth reading there now.

My problems with it are i dont play warhammer fantasy, so thats a 1/3 of the magazine that is irrelevant. and then, despite having its own mag, LOTR decides to pollute White Dwarf with its own heresy, that i have absolutely no time for....

"What warriors of men can stand beside the Space Wolves! The Sons of Fenris they are, hardened in the forge of their harsh world, eager for battle and honour. They are the grey warriors, ashen like the wolf, whose greatest joy is to hear the clamour of steel amidst the din of war. None can step before them, they are the first, proud in their strength and jealous of their renown. Through the storms of the warp they come, upon the very tides of terror, but of such dangers they are uncaring. They are the Space Wolves, the Undefeated, the bane of the Emperor's foes."
Old 20 Sep 2005, 11:54   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

Yes, the LotR filth does seem to encroach on the last third of it, and seeing as the price is so high (I used to think 2.50 was steep!) and only about 1 3rd of it is relevant to me, I don't ever buy it. I just borrow Aka's. ;D
Old 20 Sep 2005, 12:01   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Only ever if it's really, really relevant to me. And I managed to miss the issue I wanted most with all the Tyranids stuff in it when I went to America. >

..."because music is in everything, it's the richness of the music that enrichens our lives." - Jay-Z

7 Reasons the 21st Century is Making You Miserable

"As soon as there is life there is danger." Ralph Waldo Emerson, 1860
"God created Man in his own image, and Man, being a gentleman, returned the compliment." - Mark Twain

Old 20 Sep 2005, 14:36   #7 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to ForbiddenKnowledge

I also think that it has gone down hill. On the GW forums, a lot of people were bashing Guy and the team, and while it is to some extent their fault, I don't think it is fair to bash their efforts. I still prefer the older ones though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.
Rafe is damn sexy once he gets into his night attire.
Old 20 Sep 2005, 14:45   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

I bought a WD several months ago. The only GW game I'm currently playing is 40K- so I look at the other sections, but don't really get into them.

The 40K section went something like this:

Converting Blue Space Marines
Playing Blue Space Marines
Painting Blue Space Marines
Enjoying Blue Space Marines
Eating Blue Space Marines
Sleeping Blue Space Marines

And finally an article on....Blue Chaos Space Marines.

The WD I bought in the previous month was about... Green Space Marines.

I realized the last 4, in fact, were about that game...Space MarineHammer 40K. I could have sworn there were like...30 OTHER armies, but you couldn't tell that from what the WD folks wrote for that 6 month period or so. Maybe the other armies in the photos were just background props.

So yes- I haven't bought a WD in 6 months. I'll wait till they do something different....like Orange Space Marines. :P
Old 20 Sep 2005, 20:35   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Hunter

Just be paitent. The next 6 months or so will be full of more marines than you can fire a brightlance at, but then we start getting into other armies hopefully. The fact that they've used the 4th edition as more of an upgrade than a new game means that they don't have to bring out new codices as fast, but thats the downside too.

Once we're past the Black Templars it should be shoulder-pad free sailing for a few months at least.

Old 20 Sep 2005, 20:38   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to wyrd_ian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
Just be paitent. The next 6 months or so will be full of more marines than you can fire a brightlance at, but then we start getting into other armies hopefully. The fact that they've used the 4th edition as more of an upgrade than a new game means that they don't have to bring out new codices as fast, but thats the downside too.

Once we're past the Black Templars it should be shoulder-pad free sailing for a few months at least.
bit off topic after Black Templars its Orks then eldar I think
-Disney: He's the puppet master, both our damnation and salvation. He rewards our successes and punishes us for our hubris (often in subtle but horrible ways). I suggest we do our best not to anger him, he is the greatest asset to our campaign and potentially the most fearsome foe we'll ever face.
Closed Thread