Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

What causes you frustration
Old 14 Sep 2005, 17:43   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default What causes you frustration

In constructing the various GW models, I've found an alarming trend. Some models are practicle in design and go together without much modification. Others I want to throw away after 15 minutes of cleaning flash.

What model, or models do you find easiest to build and hardest?

For me easiest are kroot, hardest are pathfinders. My kroot were so "new mold" free of lines that I just sanded at the detach point, glued and primed. I have been trying to clean the pathfinders for 3 @#$%^% days now! I also found the vindicator to be a counter-intuitive design with poor instructions.

Wanax
Shaso Wanax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Sep 2005, 17:45   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: What causes you frustration

Anything metal. I bought a trio of Stealth Suits off my friend yesterday, and I'm trying to convert at least one of them to have a more interesting pose. I can tell you, sawing off the head is a right pain in the behind...

~Andromidius
Old 14 Sep 2005, 17:47   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

Life, the Universe, and Everything.

Most of the things I convert seem to experience the dreaded "ping"... :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Wargamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Sep 2005, 17:50   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

easiest model I ever built were the War Trukks for my Kult of Speed Ork army. *Took less than a day to put three of them together, and that was only because I was doing some heavy conversion.

Worst Models I ever put together were the 2nd edition metal lanspeeders. *Not a single piece fit without having to be heavily dremeled and filed, and getting rid of the mold lines without destroying the details proved so impossible that I had to re-sculpt most of the details by hand...

...I'm getting irritated just thinking about it, and it was nearly a decade ago.
Man, that's the joy of Anime! To revel in the complete and utter wastefullness of making an unstoppable nuclear-powered combat andriod in the shape of a cute little girl, who has the ability to fall in love and wears an enormous bow in her hair.

Don't tell me that you fell for the MTV lie?
The MTV lie is that people who rebel against tradition are thnking for themselves, while those who follow tradition are just sheep who do not think.
It is, of course, completely untrue. The decision to follow tradition is just as much an exercize of free will as is the decision to depart from it.
Doctor Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Sep 2005, 17:51   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Some of the more frustrating peices are large, multicomponent peices that are topheavy.

A great example is the Eldar Fire prism. What moron thought it was cool to have a metal cannon on a plastic turret and tank? At best the cannon droops against the falcon chasis. At worst it topples the model, often breaking the tip of the flying base and onto the floor.

I tell people, "That's what God thinks of the taking a Fire Prism instead of a Falcon."

Still, considering the cost of the model, GW HAS to give it better stats so that people will pay money for them once the codex comes out.

Old 14 Sep 2005, 18:00   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

I was not pleased with the assembly of the Hurricane-pattern bolters on the Land Raider Crusader.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Sep 2005, 19:07   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Putting together my TK screaming skull catapault made me want to weep.
Old 14 Sep 2005, 19:24   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

I'm not having the easiest time with the Broadside - it would make life about a jillion times easier if the whole thing was plastic. And the damn feet don't even fit the suit's ankles properly. And of course the rail guns don't have exactly the best attachment point...
Old 14 Sep 2005, 19:32   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Hunter

My Eldar Avatar and Vypers.
The Avatar has had it's shouder slightly reworked, and despite two pins, still falls off whenever it can (to cries of "Look! Disarmed!"). The Vyper canopy is just slightly the wrong shape and won't quite fit the rest of the Chassis properly.

Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Sep 2005, 20:13   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to RedMagnus

I find that both Devilfish/Hammerhead and Rhino/razorback/predator hulls to be slightly deformed, resulting in ugly pop-ups that I can't seem to eliminate fashionably. The easiest models I've ever assembled are undoubtedly Drones :P

Yeah, I play WoW. So sue me.
RedMagnus is offline   Reply With Quote