Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Tau in the spot light
Closed Thread
Old 05 Sep 2005, 09:47   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to wyrd_ian
Default Tau in the spot light

I think its about time the Tau got into a major campain i mean you've got the chaos in the eye of terror, you've got the orks in Armageddon & the nids in the invasion of lysander i think its about time the Tau & necrons to have there Moment of glory
-Disney: He's the puppet master, both our damnation and salvation. He rewards our successes and punishes us for our hubris (often in subtle but horrible ways). I suggest we do our best not to anger him, he is the greatest asset to our campaign and potentially the most fearsome foe we'll ever face.
Old 05 Sep 2005, 11:27   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer
Default Re: Tau in the spot light

Tau are too small, and Necrons are too boring. I don't see them getting any glory for a while... :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 05 Sep 2005, 12:03   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Yeah but nothing against a new Ork campaign. would be good to clean them of all the fluff that has been collected over the last year. And you don't need GW to make your campaign. do it on your own. All you need are some friends and creativity. and there are new models published by forgeworld everyday(nah nearly) so you have some support. Just take Taros and make your campaign.
Old 05 Sep 2005, 23:48   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Another crusade like the Damocles one would be good. Throw in Eldar intervention, orky... orkyness, dark eldar raids, chaos butting in and necrons just killing things and the Tyranids along for the ride and you have got a big brawl on the edge or just inside Tau space.

Old 06 Sep 2005, 00:30   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Location: Somewhere cliché, like... behind you, or in your room maybe. I don't know.

That would be a final "Goodby Tau" campaign if they wanted them to go the way of the squats.

If you read this sentince, it will tell you nothing.
Old 06 Sep 2005, 00:31   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

I see the next Studio campaign as being fought in a region of the galaxy where the Tau can take part, but not focusing on them in particular. *Looking at the map, Tyranids are the obvious choice, with the other traditionally "evil" races helping to destabilize the Eastern fringe in their path. Tau might weigh in on the "good" side, or they might just get to serve their own interests like they did in the last campaign along with the Necrons.
Old 06 Sep 2005, 00:58   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Location: Somewhere cliché, like... behind you, or in your room maybe. I don't know.

I'll take "Serve Own Intrests" for 500. It suits Tau better.

If you read this sentince, it will tell you nothing.
Old 08 Sep 2005, 10:40   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via AIM to Zeroelement

My friend and I were discussing the possibility of a campaign where one of the Artefact worlds in Tau space would turn out to be a Tomb World... and the Tau would have to deal with the 3rd C'Tan. Or, instead of being completely focused on the Tau Empire, several other Artefact worlds woke up, but no matter... the 3rd would still awaken. We really just are interested in seeing another C'Tan.

EDIT: And the Eldar and Tau fighting side by side against a common enemy. Simply so we can team up.
Old 08 Sep 2005, 21:25   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Hmm...assuming the Tau ever figured out how to dismantle a Dyson Sphere, maybe they could awaken the Outsider...oh well, even they have their limits.

I still would like to see the Tau develop a faster means of warp-travel, or at least overthrow the Ethereals and integrate assimilated races into the caste system (the method varying by race of course).
Old 08 Sep 2005, 21:36   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Overthrow the Etherials?!?!?!?!... ok thats a no. Fluff and practical wise GW isnt going to get rid of the Etherials as a unit which means no overthrow. Faster warp travel would just make the Tau a prime target. Right now they arent a big enough threat to make the Imperium risk its structure enough to gather a fleet large enough to wipe them out.

The Necron Tomb world sounds like a very good idea. And the idea of Tau and Eldar teaming up is also good. I dont know a whole lot about C'tan fluff but arent there supposed to be four? Seeing another one would be cool.

Closed Thread