Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

40k and fantasy.........In the same Universe!!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread
Old 18 Aug 2005, 02:51   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default 40k and fantasy.........In the same Universe!!!!!!!!!

I recently heard a story explaining the old world in it's connection to the 40k universe.
Now before you read this story, remember this. I heard this, from a guy, who heard it from another guy. Meaning this may not be entirely true, or it may be completely false.

Apparently, the old world (which from now on is referred to as TOW), was a planet in the 40k universe.
After it was colonised by many races, it was caught in a warp storm ( It's in the eye of terror). I shall now procced to explain all it's connections to the 40k races.

Imperium- After TOW was colonised by humans, they split up to many civilisations. (Empire, brettonia, cathay ect.).
In one of these civilisations a exceptional guy was born, (sigmar) he did his stuff, saved the empire bla, bla, bla.
Now, after he did this left (I don't know how) and became the emperor we all know and love (or hate) today.

Necrons-As we all know the C'tan concoured the necronty'r. I heard, that the necronty'r were a reptilian race before they were transformed into robots. However, the necronty'r on TOW never became tranformed cause of the warpstorm. ( By the way, if you havent realised this, they're the lizardmen.

Tau- no connection, nothing. zero.

Orks- another race that just colonised the world. After becomeing sepperated they want feral and forgot about gunz. Now they used bladez. Oh, and grots evoled into goblins.

Eldar- just like the orks, went a bit feral (just not to the extent of the orks).

Dark eldar- Excactly same as above

Now to explain some fantasy races that havn't been mentioned

Hordes of Chaos- Just corrupted humans that started summoning demons and stuff.

Skaven- rats that were mutated by warpstone.

Dwarfs- I guess they're just humans that evolved differently.

Ogre kingdoms- another offshoot of humans

Vampire counts- dead humans

Tomb kings- More dead people

Hopefully I didn't leave anyone out.
Now remember, I'm only posting this because it sounded interesting, not because it's true.
Hope you ffound it informative, or at least amusing.
Old 18 Aug 2005, 03:15   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Spiritbw
Default Re: 40k and fantasy.........In the same Universe!!!!!!!!!

Yes, heard this many a times. * It's an interesting idea and I admit, it's crossed my mind as well.* However GW has time and agians aid that there is no connection between the two.* At least not anymore from what I have heard.* :
Old 18 Aug 2005, 03:18   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

I think this is how some of them are connected.

Eldar - High Elves (the Eldar once had a thriving empire. The High Elves HAVE a thriving empire. The High Elves are weakened by man and end up in the position they are in 40k, almost dead)

Dark Eldar - Dark Elves (bitter enemies to the Eldar, just like Dark Elves are bitter enemies to High Elves)

Orks - Orks (chop and slash boyz to chop and shoot boyz. Nuff said)

That connection you made from Lizardmen and Necrons is interesting. I never thought about that before.

A fantastic sig by Kais.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev_Enge(spc)
And there we have it. Gentlemen, we give you Black Behemoth, future Supreme Overlord of Earth.
Old 18 Aug 2005, 03:34   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Spiritbw

Actaully, if you look carefully you find an alien race in hte 40K book known as the Slann. Slann Priests....aline race called the Slann. Not to mention the picture looks like a big chamelion similar to the older Slann Priest models. If there is ever to be Lizardmen in space it will be when and if they ever get a codex. Same with the Skaven in the form of the Hurd.
Old 18 Aug 2005, 05:39   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Hunter

Necrons are servants of the C'tan, who were enemies of the Old ones.
The Old ones had their own servants, the Slann, who rules over a race of the lizardmen.

You've kind of got that back to front there...

Old 18 Aug 2005, 07:59   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to crazedmongoose2003

TOW is modelled after our own world:

Britannia is France geographically, but with some Britain imagery, so a combination (France had ltos of knights)

Border Princes and Tilea are definitely Italy. Seperate city states vying for superiority (and its the same geographical location as well)

Albion seems like England geographically.

The Empire is....take a wild guess....Germany, Luthor, warrior priests, etc, it all fits.

The Kislevs are Russians, no surprises there.

Cathay is China obviously. Like Russia everything fits.

Khemri is Africa.

Lustria is South America (aztecs, amazons, etc)

Naggaroth is America (geographically only though)

And Ulthuan seems to be some sort of Minoa/Atlantis type thing. Incredibly advanced, partially sunk under water....

And of course, Arabya is the middle east.

But none the less, with that theory, the thing is:

* Lizardmen and Necrons would have tried to kill each other on sight, being bitter enemies

* There are feral eldars and orks, and they are nothing like the fantasy elves and orcs

* The human psyckers would have been possessed by deamons before they even know psychic, without the inquisition and the black ark, similar things do not happen to wizards.

* The Necron-Eldar conflict came about much earlier than the time humans were capable of space travel

* The emperor ......well Sigmar and the Emperor couldn't have been the same person the reason lizardmen couldn't be necrons, the time line doesn't fit.

* In 40k necromancy is mainly courtesy of Nurgle, not...necromancers

* Dwarfs and Ogre Kingdoms is more likely to be Ogryns/Squats than human offshoots

And there's a few more faults here and there....

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.ph...c,86474.0.html
Old 18 Aug 2005, 08:05   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

But wouldn't it make sense that Eldar (both types) are the same as the Elves? Both have light and dark versions of the same (or similar) species, in both cases the light and dark hate each other, the 40k fluff says the Eldar used to have a thriving empire and the High Elves had an empire. Is there anything you could say that would prove that Eldar are different from High Elves and Dark Eldar are different from Dark Elves, fluff-wise?

A fantastic sig by Kais.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev_Enge(spc)
And there we have it. Gentlemen, we give you Black Behemoth, future Supreme Overlord of Earth.
Old 18 Aug 2005, 14:29   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to arguleon-veq

A lot of what was said in the original post is quite off but still................

Theres a big thread on this in the Fantasy board that has covered most points.

The Fantasy world actually used to be officially a world in the EoT IIRC. Not anymore (officially) but I think that there are some links that are to strong for us to consider that the Fantasy world is not in the 40K Galaxy (or Universe). Old Ones and Slann, both are the same as they are in 40K. Chaos Gods, the fact that there are actual definate Chainswords and Power Fists in Fantasy. The fact that some scholars in the Fantasy world have described and drew sketches of things like Defilers, Chaos Marines etc and raved about Horus, Abbadon and the Black Crusades (see the Liber Chaotice books).

So in all I think its pretty certain that the Fantasy world is in or at least heavily linked with the 40K Galaxy, how it is though, is the major question.
Old 18 Aug 2005, 20:11   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I think I can remember that I read somewhere that it was hinted that sigmar is one of the lost primarchs.

On another note.. the magic in fantasy is not the same as what the psykers do in 40k.. the magic of the warhammer fantasy world is linked to that planet.. at least it used to be..
Old 19 Aug 2005, 23:23   #10 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontus
I think I can remember that I read somewhere that it was hinted that sigmar is one of the lost primarchs.

On another note.. the magic in fantasy is not the same as what the psykers do in 40k.. the magic of the warhammer fantasy world is linked to that planet.. at least it used to be..
Magic is explained in a way the people of the Fantasy world could comprehend it. Considering what Veq said about the Fantasy world being in the EoT, the normal rules of physics need not apply in any case...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Closed Thread