Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

aliens
Closed Thread
Old 10 Aug 2005, 07:44   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default aliens

i think they need to make some codex for aliens because is says that other races out there like the ones that live hidden on planets that humans control i mean it mentioned in places that their there but u cant use them
Old 10 Aug 2005, 09:36   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to crazedmongoose2003
Default Re: aliens

Well, aliens like the Hrud and so forth are really not powerful enough to be considered a major threat which will require large deployments of spacemarines and so forth...

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.ph...c,86474.0.html
Old 10 Aug 2005, 14:02   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to arguleon-veq

The Hrud have had many campaigns launched against them. They are if anythign probably more powerful than the Tau.

Still GW can't do every race out there that has fluff on them, as we would have about 25 races/armies to use. Many of which wouldn't get used. They can't make models for everything either, especially if there is no market for them as it is a reasonably expensive undertaking.

You can always make your own rules and convert the models though. Before the Tau were released (and so with them the Kroot) I was planning on making a Kroot army, but once GW released them the idea was then far less original so I scrapped it.

Old 10 Aug 2005, 22:24   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

And frankly, those armies are best left to games like Inquisitor. The one thing GW could do however is simply release the fluff for all the minor aliens in a giant fluffbook "Liber Xenos," stating the homeworld, planets, weaponry, vehicles (e.g. Hrud warrens), mediums of space travel, current relationship with the Imperium (exterminate at all costs, trade with ONLY if you're a Rogue Trader,etc), etc. of these minor races. Hrud, Lax'otl, Galg, Niccassar, Demiurg, Scythians, Jokaero, Xenarchs, etc. could all be included, as well as anything else I missed out on.
Old 10 Aug 2005, 22:29   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to arguleon-veq

Off the top of my head to add to that:

K'Nib, L'Huraxi, Lacrymole, Tarellians.

Plus there are a few that got into some of the GW short stories.

I agree with a big Index Xenos book though as they actually do Index Xenos articles but so far have only done Genestealers and Kroot IIRC.

I'm sure it would sell really well.
Old 10 Aug 2005, 22:56   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Hive Lord

Rumour has it they may be doing some small articles like that in Codex: Alien Hunters. And possibly even some rules for them, as well.

But if not, then an Index Xenos book would be cool
Old 10 Aug 2005, 23:02   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Farseer_Del Send a message via MSN to Farseer_Del Send a message via Yahoo to Farseer_Del

An alternative is, they make up three or four races as Chapter Appproved rules, then let people loose to create the armies as they see fit with their own customisation skills. Or even worse, a generic set of alien rules that you can just use. A sort of modular army, requring oppoents consent to use the rules for, and invalid for tourneys, and just for fun... again, aimed mostly at the converters and fluff writers.

...so sweet a posibility,it'll never happen. Not to mention balance issues and things.

Old 11 Aug 2005, 01:28   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Err...theoretically one could use the Creature Feature ruleset to make aliens. Sp if you wanted a giant Sandworm to guide your Slaanesh-Marines-ruleset-used-to-represent-House-Atreides, then go ahead!
Old 11 Aug 2005, 01:39   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I'm not sure it would be worth their time.

If they took the time to make such a thing, would enough players buy it to make it worth their time?

Since most players don't even seem to own the basic rulebook, I'd say no.

Besides, the 40K universe is supposed to be a baseis for players to expand on, not an enclosed universe that GW is supposed to define every single little corner of.
Man, that's the joy of Anime! To revel in the complete and utter wastefullness of making an unstoppable nuclear-powered combat andriod in the shape of a cute little girl, who has the ability to fall in love and wears an enormous bow in her hair.

Don't tell me that you fell for the MTV lie?
The MTV lie is that people who rebel against tradition are thnking for themselves, while those who follow tradition are just sheep who do not think.
It is, of course, completely untrue. The decision to follow tradition is just as much an exercize of free will as is the decision to depart from it.
Old 11 Aug 2005, 03:44   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Its posibly The Xenos minor race is very god incorporing to army to mercenarys
Friends and my created more squad to alien mercenarys to game in friendly partys..
Tarellians, Hurulaxi, Hrud and others to reg and weapony and rooster to oficial and vehicles

Sorry my bad english
Closed Thread