Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

fighting moron veterans
Closed Thread
Old 03 Aug 2005, 05:12   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default fighting moron veterans

hello everyone. I am just wondering if anyone has the problem that I do with stupid veterans.
here is my story

I am at my local GW store on Friday as I always am and looking for a match.
I end up getting into a 3000 point space wolves(me) and nids(buddy) against space wolves(not me) and Tau
the game goes well until the enemy space wolf player decides that it is time for his Grey knight grand master
to come a deep striking in. He rolls the scatter dice and when he finds out that his GKGM will appear off the table
he "slyly" moves the scatter die so he will appear just on the tables edge. I notice. I am angry and begin to argue that the dice didn't roll like that and that he moved it. He said that he didn't touch the scatter dice and after a lot of shouting and people stareing(SP?) I decide that he can warp in his GKGM at the tables edge. Later when his GKGM gets into assault range he shoots his storm bolter into one of my squads and attempts to charge another. Once again I argue with this and he says that an assault weapon allows his guys to do that. When I reply with that is not what the rule book says, he furiously opens it up and procedes to own himself by reading off the rule and doesn't assault. At the games end we ended up completely slaughtering them and the enemy tau player agrees with me that he was a moron.

Story #2
Games day Chicago
Its 2:00. I haven't gotten in to many games so I will take what I can get.
I end up fighting a 2000 point space wolves and illegal noob ultraSMurf against nids and more nids.
I went into this battle knowing I was going to lose( my space marine ally was appoxamently 400 points under.)
When rolling for first turn my side wins first turn. I move everything up and proceed to help the noob out but still let him make his own decisions. I begin to shoot. My entire army unloads into his 40+ genestealers on the table
this consisting of 2 assault cannons, 10 bolt pistols, 18 bolter shots, 2 storm bolters,a direct hit from a vindicator shell, a direct hit from a whirlwind missile, and 2 meltaguns. He only has 3 left( made a few saves from the bolt weapons) then my predator unloads into his carnifex I hit with both las cannons both auto cannon shots and my hunter killer, every thing wounds and he fails all but one armor save leaving him with 1 wound left.
my buddy owns about 8 genesteallers from the other nids dude. When there turn comes the tyranids the guy in front of me does the front of the base to the back of the base movement s*** that everyone hates and I tell him that that doesn't happen. From this moment on I know this kids a hack. when it comes to our turn I move and shoot into his carnifex again with my predator to find out that his wound counting dice was gone. when asked him where it were it went he said he needed it to roll some attacks and puts it back as four. I told him that his carni only had 1 wound left and after an argument he left it at four claiming that "neither of us could have known what wounds he had left". Then I charge into combat with my blood claws into his hive tyrant. He makes his attacks at his higher initiative and when he tells me that I need to take out 8 guys I take all of them out. He then tells me that he wants me to take out my power fist marines rather than my regular marines. I tell him that I get to choose who dies. He give me a (pardon my language) the F you do and says that because he is a monstrous creature that he can pick specific models to die. After a lengthy rule book explanation and the excuse of I have been doing it for a long time he finally lets me keep in my claws. My claws don't end up getting there attacks in because of " the horror". The battle barely ends out as a loss for me and my little noob buddy.

Just looking for any other people with the same problem and your stories.

Old 03 Aug 2005, 05:22   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: fighting moron veterans

I get that crap all the time.

The only thing worse is when half the store agrees with the cheating jackass and I told you guys about how people cant messure right.

Old 03 Aug 2005, 05:30   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Spiritbw

Okay, no problems with you guys discussing bad experiences in stores. I think I've lost track of the number of times I've seen things which make me question some peoples behavior. Even had one two weeks ago which left me feeling rather uncharatable to some of our newbies. Literally the only time I felt like seeing how far I could throw a kid out the front door.

However I still ask you watch the language. We do have policies about that.
Old 03 Aug 2005, 05:30   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

not only that, but the SW player can't have a GKGM...but i tend not to get so may of those games...sometimes either myself or my opponent is wrong about something, but i try to be pleasant about it...and if the rules are a little fuzzy, i opt for the "dicing for it" option

however, at one of the local clubs, there is a complete nob who objects to me rolling my dice in batches of about ten (superstition)...being the immature prick (i hope that's not counted as a swear-word) he is, he "retaliates" by rolling his own dice one at a time. gets hard not to try and punch him out...i would't mind so much (on at a time is a bit excessive) if he was doing it for a reason other than to annoy me

"Well, a gathering is brie, mellow song stylings; shindig, dip, less mellow song stylings, perhaps a large amount of malt beverage; and hootenanny, well, it's chock full of hoot, just a little bit of nanny." Oz (Buffy, episode 2, season 3)

"I don't like coke, i just like the way it smells" Unknown

"and in the words of our lord and saviour, jesus christ, **** you if you can't take a joke" The Glass House
Old 03 Aug 2005, 05:41   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

His use of the GKGM was from the grey knight alies stuff.
Old 03 Aug 2005, 05:45   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

doesn't matter, wolves can't use any GK HQ. GL allies can't take any compulsory spot and all SW slots are compulsory

"Well, a gathering is brie, mellow song stylings; shindig, dip, less mellow song stylings, perhaps a large amount of malt beverage; and hootenanny, well, it's chock full of hoot, just a little bit of nanny." Oz (Buffy, episode 2, season 3)

"I don't like coke, i just like the way it smells" Unknown

"and in the words of our lord and saviour, jesus christ, **** you if you can't take a joke" The Glass House
Old 03 Aug 2005, 05:47   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Spiritbw

Hmm, yet in the Daemonhunters codex it says they can be used as allies for Space Wolves.* Ah, the mind boggles.* Anyhow, back on topic.

The one I had probably wouldn't have been so bad if it weren't for his four buddies. *I was asked to play against him since I was a vet and he was a newbie just to help him out. *No problem there, his list was some seriously over tooled Chaos marines(khorne no less) but again, no problem as he's still getting things together and new.

However, through out the game I had to shout to make myself heard and just aobut slap his face to get his attention to keep the game going. *Why? *Because his four buddies where gathered around and talking the whole time, offering advice, most of it bad. *All at the same time. *

He also repeatedly wandered over to the next table to watch the game going on there. His equipment never seemed to stay the same on anything and he kept trying to make moves or shoot at ranges we had last turn figured wouldn't be possible. *By the end of it I was furious enough that the staff picked up on it just looking at me. *Pretty rare since I'm probably the last one to ever loose his cool. *

All I can say is it's lucky the third time he wandered away I didn't chuck his models out into the petting zoo in the mall and then send him after it. *It was probably one of the most agravating games I have ever had the misfortune to play. *I seriously wish I ahd brought my marines that night because I would have at least had the joy of slaughtering his army.
Old 03 Aug 2005, 05:53   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

More illegalities with the Tyranid stuff:

A Tyrant cannot kill eight models in one assault phase. Even with Bio-Plasma, 2x Scything Talons, and the benefit of charging, a Tyrant cannot get 8 attacks, much less without charging. Furthermore, The Horror has no effect inside close combat; it is a psychic power related to making the assault move, and does not affect the assault itself.
Old 03 Aug 2005, 06:49   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

Ah, the joys of powergamers... :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 03 Aug 2005, 08:13   #10 (permalink)
Ethereal

You got my PM right WG? ;D
I think there are some good examples here!