Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Mercenaries in a Tau army question
Old 13 May 2011, 20:37   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Mercenaries in a Tau army question

I know kroot and vespids are the mercs in a Tau army but am I right in saying that there are Imperial Guard mercs for Tau?
Cheesemyster123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2011, 21:43   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesemyster123 View Post
I know kroot and vespids are the mercs in a Tau army but am I right in saying that there are Imperial Guard mercs for Tau?
Unofficially yes, they're known as gue'vesa, most of us hope that we will get some kind of them in the next codex's. I myself use them in friendly games and I have a SM chapter/force that I use (the fluff for them was hard to write) again as a merc force.
Need any more info just ask

Maddosammo

Edit: also the kroot aren't mercs to the Tau and neither are the vespids because they're part of the empire and also to that end neither are the imperi guard.

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Sir winston Churchill

Last edited by maddosammo; 14 May 2011 at 21:05.
maddosammo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2011, 22:38   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Thanks for the information, I have looked at them on the Internet. I was also wondering is it only troopers you can take from a guard army and put into the Tau or can you use heavy weapons teams etc.

Last edited by Cheesemyster123; 13 May 2011 at 22:39. Reason: Grammar
Old 14 May 2011, 10:04   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via AIM to Sneaky_Jester Send a message via Skype™ to Sneaky_Jester

Actually there are Kroot mercenaries that operate on the far side of the galaxy, away from Tau space. I also heard rumors of them bringing back Space Dwarfs as Tau auxiliaries and calling them Demiurg.

-Shas'O Sa'cea Dre'koran Ta'ar, replying to the Ultramarines ultimatum prior to the annihilation of the Tau colony on Nimbosa.

Last edited by Sneaky_Jester; 14 May 2011 at 10:17.
Sneaky_Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2011, 10:53   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

An answer to my question would be nice...
Old 14 May 2011, 11:25   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via AIM to Sneaky_Jester Send a message via Skype™ to Sneaky_Jester

I made that post before you posted the second question, as in when you posted it I was typing it up. But with an attitude like that? No, google it.

-Shas'O Sa'cea Dre'koran Ta'ar, replying to the Ultramarines ultimatum prior to the annihilation of the Tau colony on Nimbosa.
Sneaky_Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2011, 16:10   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

In the titanium mod for dark crusade, the gue'vesa had Tau weapons and armour, and Tau could use imperial titans (although the Tau manta would've been better).
Taranox_Ashwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jun 2011, 16:34   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

From what I have read, the Tau will willingly trade with any non-hostile species. And on occasion have been known to ally themselves with Guard and Marines. The Kroot do merc work, and try to not let the Tau know about it.

So with those things said, in friendly games, or campaigns with story arc, why not allow a Tau to have an attachment or two of some IG or Marines.
JohnnyThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jun 2011, 13:54   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

I am also looking into using Gue'Vesa, but slightly differently to most. To help answer your question though, all the information / rules i found for them points to the Tau limiting there weaponary. (see below)

From a chapter approved from may years ago:
Those humans who have joined the Tau empire have been provided with the technology required to prevail on the Tau frontier. They have limited production capabilities, allowing them to construct equipment ranging from simple farming tools to a copy of the standard issue Imperial lasgun.
However in times of war up to two auxiliaries in each squad may be equipped with a pulse rifle or a pulse carbine at an additional cost and the team may carry EMP grenades at an additional cost.

So i guess the answer would be "no" to any other weaponry, shame really i had such great plans for world domination....
Waverider is offline   Reply With Quote