Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

forge world (how to?)
Old 01 May 2011, 13:38   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default forge world (how to?)

hello all, i'm planning on getting a forge world model and in all my time of playig i have never used forge world models so i have just realised that because they're resin are there any special methods of cleaning/preping the models?

Thanks for the help in an advance.
Maddosammo

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Sir winston Churchill

maddosammo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 May 2011, 22:46   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

What Ive done the few times Ive worked with resin is I first start off by scrubbing the model with an old toothbrush, shampoo and hot water. I then dry off the model with a towel and proceed to remove mold lines with a hobby knife.
From there on its just a matter of gluing it together (GW plastic glue wont work. I go with a generic super glue) doing the patch up wort needed with green stuff and start painting.

However Im unfamiliar with the Forge World stuff as Ive never tried working with their products. Though I suspect its the same deal.
Old 10 May 2011, 21:38   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irtehdar View Post
What Ive done the few times Ive worked with resin is I first start off by scrubbing the model with an old toothbrush, shampoo and hot water. I then dry off the model with a towel and proceed to remove mold lines with a hobby knife.
From there on its just a matter of gluing it together (GW plastic glue wont work. I go with a generic super glue) doing the patch up wort needed with green stuff and start painting.

However Im unfamiliar with the Forge World stuff as Ive never tried working with their products. Though I suspect its the same deal.
Thanks for the quick reply, sorry I have not been back sooner I just have not got round to reposting. I think that I'll have to find some good superglue as al the stuff in the shops round here are rubbish.

Thanks again for the reply.
Maddosammo

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Sir winston Churchill

maddosammo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jun 2011, 16:59   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Don't use shampoo, or if you do use the Johnsons No Tears stuff for children. The less harsh the soap the better. A hobby knife works well for mold lines, but you will want a fine sand paper and dust mask for other parts you will need to smooth and fix to fit, such as the shock (those "spurs" on the ends).

If your model has any warping simply soak it in Hot water, not scolding just hot, and it will become flexible enough to manipulate for a better fit or to straighten. Just remember to take your time.

I have a Venerable Dreadnought I did work on and think it looks great thus far.

Have fun with it.
JohnnyThunder is offline   Reply With Quote