Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Games Workshop models, cost too much?
Old 03 Feb 2011, 16:04   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Exclamation Games Workshop models, cost too much?

Recently I noticed that the prices of GW models has gone up again, this is starting to really get on my nerves. I remember the good old days when i could walk into my local GW with 12 and walk out with a box of fire warriors. after the price rise I could spend my 12 on a crisis battlesuit. Now the prices are up again! I need 18 for just one battlesuit! I could have bought a box of kroot with that amount of money.

This is just getting stupid, within a few years models will become way to exspensive, so i've decided to do something about it. I plan to E-mail GW and let them know what people think and I want your opinions on the matter.
Old 03 Feb 2011, 19:08   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatshaper2 View Post
Recently I noticed that the prices of GW models has gone up again, this is starting to really get on my nerves. I remember the good old days when i could walk into my local GW with 12 and walk out with a box of fire warriors. after the price rise I could spend my 12 on a crisis battlesuit. Now the prices are up again! I need 18 for just one battlesuit! I could have bought a box of kroot with that amount of money.

This is just getting stupid, within a few years models will become way to exspensive, so i've decided to do something about it. I plan to E-mail GW and let them know what people think and I want your opinions on the matter.
they gone up because of the coincervatives, the VAT went up so the have to put there prices up so they don't loose money.

Oh and so i don't cause a political riot is shuting up know.

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Sir winston Churchill

Last edited by maddosammo; 04 Feb 2011 at 18:10.
maddosammo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Feb 2011, 09:00   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to tentonhammer

Yes i know they prices have gone up and it annoys many of us. but as stated they have had to raise the prices so they dont lose money and as nice as an email to them would change everything Unfortunately it wont, as a recent ex employer of GW its a shame to say that things within the company are changing, in my opinion for the worst as to the reason why i left, GW doesn't seem to be "out for its customers/hobbyists" anymore the company has taken a route to make more money, getting rid of the 10 commandments which were made to help the customer as much as possible, unfortunately customer care is not their main concern over losing money.
tentonhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Feb 2011, 18:11   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by tentonhammer View Post
Yes i know they prices have gone up and it annoys many of us. but as stated they have had to raise the prices so they dont lose money and as nice as an email to them would change everything Unfortunately it wont, as a recent ex employer of GW its a shame to say that things within the company are changing, in my opinion for the worst as to the reason why i left, GW doesn't seem to be "out for its customers/hobbyists" anymore the company has taken a route to make more money, getting rid of the 10 commandments which were made to help the customer as much as possible, unfortunately customer care is not their main concern over losing money.
that it unfortunatly isn''t.

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Sir winston Churchill

maddosammo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Feb 2011, 03:32   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatshaper2 View Post

not going to say anything, hopefully the picture is truly worth a thousand words

jeleak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Feb 2011, 10:35   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

*squeeky old mans voice* In the good old days you could buy a car for 500. And not just any car. It was the top of the line, cream de la cream of sportscars! My dad worked for 12 hours a day seven days a week for 8 years to afford a suit so he could aply for a job washing said cars!

I could probably go on for ages that squeeky old mans voice is funny as hell. After all for 3.5k years the old people have not shut up about the stupidity of youth long enough to take a breath.
However prices do go up. Prices has always gone up and will continue to go up. And so does paychecks. Infact the way prices and paychecks follow eachother upwards is pretty stabile. However a couple of times every century comes a period of fluctuation.
First wealth peaks and everyone gets more money. This is then followed by a recession where everyone gets alittle bit poorer. Luxuries are are among the things that suffers the most and believe it or not miniature games is a luxury. This is based on as people gets abit less money compared to prices they cut back on luxuries and the people who sells luxuries panics and amps up the prices.
Eventually (when the people who are little kids today becomes rusty old politicians) this process starts over and people who are rich to a degree where they dont have any real problems starts whining about overpriced luxuries again.
This is not new amazing knowledge its been a known phenomenon for a very long time.
The people who wrote the bible described this phenomenon in a story about skinny cows vs fat cows. Im not taking any point for or against the bible or religion infact Im just stating that when they wrote it they included a story about this very thing. My belief is that in some extent they tried to pass on information to future generations that this shit happens and will continue to happen on a regular basis.
Old 04 Dec 2011, 12:23   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default heavy vehicle, free tabletops?

i hate how some heavy vehicles have also risen inprice so now there about 50 which is just too much.
Also does anyone know of decent free (or cheap) tabletops because i've only ever found 1 decent 1.
http://epicwargaming.com/
The game is called three plains and at the moment its only fantasy but eventually they hope to make a futuristic one

Any other good free ones to add to my list would be appreciated
beansprout50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Dec 2011, 15:07   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

this is just basic buisness. no one else has the models so they have a monopoly on the market. if one looks at the prices compared to simalar quality models, one notices that citidel is very, very expesive. i doubt it costs much more than a buck or two to make a land raider when it all divides out, but yet it costs $60!!! all the models are based off of points value, so as not to cause discrimiation with prices. If you want to convice GW to lower prices you need to show to them how to make it profitable. my sugestion is this. the main reason poeple dont get into the hobby is that they have to put out a couple hundred bucks just to have a basic army. if the prices were less, more people would get into the hobby.
commander_nightflier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jan 2012, 13:59   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

While I agree that GW model cost a ton of money at least they are quality models and the amount of cool stuff that they have is really quite astonishing. So we are buying from the BMW of model makers so they will charge us. I don't know any hobby that is cheap.