Flexibility vs higher points
View Poll Results: Higher points or more choices
It's all about numbers. 2 33.33%
Quality over Quantity. 4 66.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 29 Jan 2011, 23:26   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Flexibility vs higher points

I know that we're not allowed to make 'who would win' polls, but I don't think that this is really the same thing, as it doesn't deal with army[x] vs army[y].

What I'm wondering, is who do you think would win if you had a 2000 point army of... whoever, against a 1500 point army drawing units from every army in the game (eg: Ork Troops, Space Marine Elites, Tau Heavy Support, Eldar Fast Attack and Imperial Guard HQ.)

Do you think the game is balanced enough that more points means more wins, period, or do you think that various armies truly have fields where they really excel.
Tylendal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jan 2011, 14:40   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

This, is the most difficult question ever.

and do you know why? because no one knows the answer. Anyone could say "my space marine army will thrash you" but they might lose, but they might beat another army with exactly the same conditions, and then this other army could beat the space marines at the next match!

Of course we all have our own opinions and I'm certain someone will come along saying its better to overwelm the opponent or to have more elite soldiers.
Old 30 Jan 2011, 19:28   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatshaper2 View Post
This, is the most difficult question ever.

and do you know why? because no one knows the answer. Anyone could say "my space marine army will thrash you" but they might lose, but they might beat another army with exactly the same conditions, and then this other army could beat the space marines at the next match!

Of course we all have our own opinions and I'm certain someone will come along saying its better to overwelm the opponent or to have more elite soldiers.
yeah respect given it's about how you play on the day although in generaly it is the quality of an unit not who much there are of them althougth that isn't rea;;y true for nids and ork's as they're best in numbers.

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Sir winston Churchill

maddosammo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Jan 2011, 07:26   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Its not really an answerable question, but I can be for some people.

What I mean is you may prefer one method over the over, and might be bad at the latter.
Old 08 Feb 2011, 10:59   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I can think of afew examples of potentially very potent combinations if drawing from multiple armies but for the most part I see the 2k from one book comming out on top.

Example: As a Tau player the only thing I can think of is deepstriking some termies into my enemys lines to slow him down or alternatively devide up his forces but those termies comes not only of the price of those 500 pts but also it limits the number of suits I can field.
Old 08 Feb 2011, 15:01   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
I can think of afew examples of potentially very potent combinations if drawing from multiple armies but for the most part I see the 2k from one book comming out on top.

Example: As a Tau player the only thing I can think of is deepstriking some termies into my enemys lines to slow him down or alternatively devide up his forces but those termies comes not only of the price of those 500 pts but also it limits the number of suits I can field.
Um...my 5 chaos terminators only come out at 195 points and they have a fair bit of gear.