Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Newbie who needs Clarification
Old 25 Jan 2011, 09:21   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Angry Newbie who needs Clarification

So I was playing my 2nd game with one of my friends. I had a chapter master on the boards and was calling down his orbital bombardment.

The bombardment lits as unlimited range, str 10, ap1. It is an an Ordinance barrage weapon, but gives no indication of its blast radius.

I scoured the rule book trying to find where it uses the the large blast template, but could not find anything that specifically or directly said that it would use the large blast template.

My friend told me that since it does not say it uses the large blast template, that I only get a small blast, because otherwise it is too powerful. I wanted to call him on it but cannot find a specific rules page where I clearly defend my case.
From what I've researched it sounds like the Orbital bombardment will use a large blast template, but I just cannot find anywhere in the rules to back me up. Maybe I'm just skipping over it (which could be being as I am a newb) or maybe Im wrong and it doesn't have a blast radius.
Can someone help me out? And point me to a rules page that goes over this. (all I have is the black reach rule book, maybe I need the big one).
kalanbennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jan 2011, 13:08   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

it should be in the rule book or look in the Space Marine Codex under the chapter master, i cant really speak for the bombardment since i play tau and dont use it, but in the index in the back of the rulebook may help. but the codex would be your best bet in my opinion.
OrangeSmurf321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jan 2011, 15:23   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I happen to have a daemonhunters codex which also have acsess to orbital bonbardment. An Orbital bombardment works like this:

1. you select a piece of terrian that will be the place to bomb (you don't have to tell your oppenent which bit of terrian it is, but I guess he will find out soon enough) you cannot begin firing on the first turn.

2. Because orbital bonbardments start the game in reserve on your second turn you must roll a 4+ with a dice (if that fails, turn 3 needs a 3+, turn 4 a 2+ and turn 5 is automatic)

3. Orbital skrikes use an ordance blast which is a large blast template and you can place it anywhere within the bit of terrian you chose. so you roll to scatter as usual and roll to wound as usual. (all blast weapons are instant hit unless you find it hovering over empty ground)

so to answer your question, all orbital strikes use a large blast (it will be written as ordance blast, which is a large blast but does other things as well. although I can't remember them)
Old 25 Jan 2011, 17:57   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatshaper2 View Post
I happen to have a daemonhunters codex which also have acsess to orbital bonbardment. An Orbital bombardment works like this:

1. you select a piece of terrian that will be the place to bomb (you don't have to tell your oppenent which bit of terrian it is, but I guess he will find out soon enough) you cannot begin firing on the first turn.

2. Because orbital bonbardments start the game in reserve on your second turn you must roll a 4+ with a dice (if that fails, turn 3 needs a 3+, turn 4 a 2+ and turn 5 is automatic)

3. Orbital skrikes use an ordance blast which is a large blast template and you can place it anywhere within the bit of terrian you chose. so you roll to scatter as usual and roll to wound as usual. (all blast weapons are instant hit unless you find it hovering over empty ground)

so to answer your question, all orbital strikes use a large blast (it will be written as ordance blast, which is a large blast but does other things as well. although I can't remember them)
1.forget number 1 as unless you're an deamonhunter player then it doen't count.

2. they don't count as an resevre it counts as a shooting attack so you don't have to roll for reserve .

3. partly correct but doesnt auto hit if i remeber rightly -i'll have to check-

he is correct in the large blast but the other things are pinning and can't rememnber the other things at the time being.

-maddosammo-

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Sir winston Churchill

maddosammo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jan 2011, 15:06   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
1.forget number 1 as unless you're an deamonhunter player then it doen't count.

2. they don't count as an resevre it counts as a shooting attack so you don't have to roll for reserve .

3. partly correct but doesnt auto hit if i remeber rightly -i'll have to check-

he is correct in the large blast but the other things are pinning and can't rememnber the other things at the time being.
I guess its different for space marine players, well the current daemonhunters codex is still 3rd edition!
Old 26 Jan 2011, 19:49   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatshaper2 View Post
I guess its different for space marine players, well the current daemonhunters codex is still 3rd edition!
3rd edition really wow i thought t was a bit old when i downloaded it from the GW website.

Sir winston Churchill

Old 27 Jan 2011, 14:55   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
3rd edition really wow i thought t was a bit old when i downloaded it from the GW website.
yeah, Its a good job their making a new codex soon. you know, necrons still have 3rd edition codex.
Old 27 Jan 2011, 19:30   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

well if they ain't brocken don't fix um.

althoughy the necron codex could do with some work.

Sir winston Churchill