Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Frag grenades not on attached Hq's?
Closed Thread
Old 29 Jul 2005, 07:02   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Frag grenades not on attached Hq's?

Let's say a squad has frag grenades, and you attach an HQ to it who doesn't.

What happens in combat when charging into cover?
Join the arena, and succumb to the eternal lust!
http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=9054.0
Old 29 Jul 2005, 07:36   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff
Default Re: Frag grenades not on attached Hq's?

It works on majority. If at least 51% or the models in the squad hold frag grenades when you charge cover then the squad attacks using frag rules.
If at least 51%of the force dosnt have frag grenades then the rules do not count.
This will work when the HQ unit joins.
Say you have a 5 unit squad and all of the models have frag grenades, then a 2 unit HQ joins it and dosnt have frag then the squad will still assault using the frag rules.
but if a 5 unit squad with FG had a HQ of 5+ models join that would cancel out the FG rules for that squad.

Hope you understand this mess let alone allow it to help you. lol
Old 29 Jul 2005, 08:45   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Fă????
It works on majority. If at least 51% or the models in the squad hold frag grenades when you charge cover then the squad attacks using frag rules.
If at least 51%of the force dosnt have frag grenades then the rules do not count.
Say you have a 5 unit squad and all of the models have frag grenades, then a 2 unit HQ joins it and dosnt have frag then the squad will still assault using the frag rules.
but if a 5 unit squad with FG had a HQ of 5+ models join that would cancel out the FG rules for that squad.

Can you quote this in a FAQ or the rulebook?
Old 29 Jul 2005, 09:33   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff

Negative.
But
a) I have read it (just not sure where)
b) And its how i had been tought, guys say its in the rule book (they just never have it with them).

If its not how its played then im sorry but its how all the guys in my region play it........
Old 29 Jul 2005, 17:38   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Negative.
But
a) I have read it (just not sure where)
b) And its how i had been tought, guys say its in the rule book (they just never have it with them).

If its not how its played then im sorry but its how all the guys in my region play it........
Alright then. I didn't mean to sound standoffish, I was just wondering if this was something I could produce if asked to. As of right now I don't think there are any rules for this.
Old 29 Jul 2005, 18:06   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I always just did it that whatever models had the frags got the benefits, but that was just an agreement I had with my friends. Not that I ever actually come across people who use them, so it's a bit of a moot point.

~Andromidius
Old 29 Jul 2005, 18:22   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Spiritbw

Not sure if there is an official stance on this. I'd suggest checking the FAQs. Untill then i'd say Fallen Angel's view on it is rather fair and would be something to go with. If your mates don't agree with it talk it out and figure out what your lot think it should be.
Old 29 Jul 2005, 19:07   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:

I swear, we should make it a rule around here that you cannot answer rules questions unless you actually own the rulebook.

Page 38:
Quote:
Models armed with frag grenades that are charging an enemy in or behind cover fight with initiative 10.
Note, it says models, not units. Therefore, if a character without frag grenades joins a unit with frag grenades, and they charge a unit on cover, the unit will strike at initiative 10, and the character will strike at his/her regular initiative.
Man, that's the joy of Anime! To revel in the complete and utter wastefullness of making an unstoppable nuclear-powered combat andriod in the shape of a cute little girl, who has the ability to fall in love and wears an enormous bow in her hair.

Don't tell me that you fell for the MTV lie?
The MTV lie is that people who rebel against tradition are thnking for themselves, while those who follow tradition are just sheep who do not think.
It is, of course, completely untrue. The decision to follow tradition is just as much an exercize of free will as is the decision to depart from it.
Old 29 Jul 2005, 22:07   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

So it's fine to shave the point I usually spend off of my Lost and damned HQ's with powerfists eh!? They don't need to strike in order!
Old 30 Jul 2005, 00:41   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Hunter

Now this is an interesting point.

On the one hand, frag grenades are so cheap that you shoudn't really have any excuse for not giving them to the HQ.

I find it a bit odd in fluff terms that a unit being charged by the people with frag grenades would be able to attack one particular individual as if he was attacking normally, this would sort of mean that some of them were standing up and attacking while at the same time getting fragged to bits.
It just doesn't make sense.

So my opinon on this, don't be so stingy, if your opponent is in this situation, lend him the point to get frag grenades. Remember, dice like people with karma.

Onthe other hand, if its a case of seperate units charging the same target, then I would say that the unit without frag grenades strikes as normal. Otherwise it would just be too much there.

Closed Thread