Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Dreams do come true
Closed Thread
Old 28 Jul 2005, 10:39   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Dreams do come true

I've been offered a job by a local store, well sorta...

The store owner wants me to organize and utalize the gameing section of his store.

Stuff like setting up a 40k day, D&D, makeing/fixing a game board and building all new terrain, ect.

In the last 9 months a new store came in, they are kicking ass in regaurds to gameing , so this owner want to fight back and have me the general. But I need you help, how much is a general worth?
Old 28 Jul 2005, 11:56   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Dreams do come true

By general, do you mean the leader of the store you're employed in?

(maybe this should be in off topic?)
Old 28 Jul 2005, 12:26   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfterCresent
By general, do you mean the leader of the store you're employed in?

(maybe this should be in off topic?)
By General, I mean the guy that is going to take charge of thes store's gaming section. Organize it to compeat with the compition. Me.

((It is a bit WH related, how much should to pay somebody to organize and build up the WH section of a hobby store?))
Old 28 Jul 2005, 12:28   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

I'm not sure buddy, lots of posters(warahmmer related) and food....
Old 28 Jul 2005, 12:33   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfterCresent
I'm not sure buddy, lots of posters(warahmmer related) and food....
I know I can get instore Credit, but how much is reasonable?

I dont know what is too much or little.
Old 28 Jul 2005, 13:08   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Im in a similar position. Im in a wargaming and Roleplaying society in cork. this year im equipments officer (though i prefer the title "master of the armoury"), which makes me the dude in charge of everything we have! I'm also chapter master, and am supposed to get the wargaming side of the society up and running again.

thing is, with us, our money will primarily go towards terrain and such which we sorely lack, and for that reason i'm shopping online, to see if we can get any cheap stuff.

yours is slightly different.

What i suggest is make an inventory of all the things you think you need. terrain (if needed) posters, etc and just run it by the boss, and see how much it costs. he'll say yes to this, no to that, and you'll get your orders.

regarding payment, just ask boss "so erm, how much do i earn for doing this, if you dont mind? If im doing this big job for you, i think i deserve something..."

"What warriors of men can stand beside the Space Wolves! The Sons of Fenris they are, hardened in the forge of their harsh world, eager for battle and honour. They are the grey warriors, ashen like the wolf, whose greatest joy is to hear the clamour of steel amidst the din of war. None can step before them, they are the first, proud in their strength and jealous of their renown. Through the storms of the warp they come, upon the very tides of terror, but of such dangers they are uncaring. They are the Space Wolves, the Undefeated, the bane of the Emperor's foes."
Old 28 Jul 2005, 15:55   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadnight
Im in a similar position. Im in a wargaming and Roleplaying society in cork. this year im equipments officer (though i prefer the title "master of the armoury"), which makes me the dude in charge of everything we have! I'm also chapter master, and am supposed to get the wargaming side of the society up and running again.

thing is, with us, our money will primarily go towards terrain and such which we sorely lack, and for that reason i'm shopping online, to see if we can get any cheap stuff.

yours is slightly different.

What i suggest is make an inventory of all the things you think you need. terrain (if needed) posters, etc and just run it by the boss, and see how much it costs. he'll say yes to this, no to that, and you'll get your orders.
i dont think that had much to do with what he was asking

Old 28 Jul 2005, 16:53   #8 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Kangaroo Joe

He wants to know how much he gets paid, the cheeky lil rascal :P

Quote:
No love, it's GREAT Britain....the clue's in the name

Thanx to Kais for the sig
Old 28 Jul 2005, 20:07   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

How much work will it take you?

If it's like a 10 hour job, you might be better off telling him that you don't need pay, but get him to say you can have an employee discount as long as you keep the table in good shape etc. After you get it all set up initially, keeping set up shouldn't take more than an hour or two a week, and 25% (or more?) off anything you feel like buying is probably more than you'd get paid.
Old 28 Jul 2005, 21:43   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Hunter

Ahh, been there done that, loved it.
Best job of my life.

Okay, pay rate should be normal for working in retail, you won't be actually manning the till, but you will be an assistant in the store. Just keep track of the time it takes for you to set up all the stuff, this should be payable at the normal rate.

Store credit is unlikely, but an employee discount is not out of the question. Asking the boss for a list of things you will need doesn't sound silly either, just bear in mind that you will not end up owning any of the stuff that you make.

And then you get paid to teach people how to play 40K.

Closed Thread