Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

please help me choose my army
Old 30 Aug 2010, 14:44   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default please help me choose my army

So im new to Warhammer and i was told to buy assault on black reach for a starter set because its a pretty good bargain because they gave me a magazine of White dwarf. I continued the Space Marines of it and bought scouts with sniper rifles and a chapter master to add to the army i already have. I had a demo of Warhammer before buying the the assault on black reach set which was Tyranids vs Space Marines. My parents told me that they will buy me any amount of units for Warhammer and im totally confused if i continue the space marines or make a new one with the tyranids. To help you guys in choosing my next army my friends are playing tau (they have aroung a lot of fire warriors with the rifle that you can rapid fire with since im not so sure, 3 broadsides with railguns on all of them , path finders and kroot), eldar (he has 1 tanks (not so sure), i think it was 3 vehicles that was in a squad with pulse and scatter laser,3 squads of jet bikes with the scatter laser (i think) , 20 (not so sure) dire avengers(his can assault 33 rolls), necron and orks(not so sure about them because i never played with orks and necron doesn't have an army yet). Please include all units i need to buy and tactics that i need to learn (i can have diff. mixes of units for them). FYI going to make a 1000-1500 army.
THANKS IN ADVANCE
soon_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Aug 2010, 17:06   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Re: please help me choose my army

I'm still relatively new to 40k but ill try and answer your question best i can ;D

As far as picking an army goes you should really choose an army which your gonna have more fun collecting.
i collect Necrons and most of my friends who play use Tau if you have and questions about them I'd be happy to help.

Morgan502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Aug 2010, 17:13   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

You should never continue an army if you aren't enjoying collecting them anymore. You can always come back to them at a later point, if you want to collect Tau, go for it

Also, if you could seperate up your text into paragraphs, that would be great, it's just a bit painful to read a wall of text...
mamba21500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Aug 2010, 17:40   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Space marines are always a safe bet. Their armour makes them a safer army to use.

Also try out the different armies if you can and see what suits your play style. Also make sure you like the look of them. I like Tau as they look great in my opinion and the long range combat and mobility is a style of play that I like.

Please take a look at this thread !!!
http://forums.tauonline.org/index.ph...c,98302.0.html
xenoscd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Aug 2010, 22:09   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Thanks . I still enjoy collecting Space Marines but i can't find a way to beat them if there`s any tactics or units i need to buy please tell me. BTW im only choosing between tyranids and Space Marines and im finding a way to beat tau,eldar,necrons and orks ;D
Old 31 Aug 2010, 18:53   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by soon_j
Thanks . I still enjoy collecting Space Marines but i can't find a way to beat them if there`s any tactics or units i need to buy please tell me. BTW im only choosing between tyranids and Space Marines and im finding a way to beat tau,eldar,necrons and orks ;D
Do you prefer elite but small numbers or high numbers but mushy troops.

Please take a look at this thread !!!
http://forums.tauonline.org/index.ph...c,98302.0.html
xenoscd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Aug 2010, 22:09   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

I don't have a preference there. I know that the armor saves of SM is higher than 'nids but i`ve seen a game where the armor saves of the tyranids was 2+.Is that still possible?
Old 01 Sep 2010, 20:35   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Only the tyranids troops choice and mushy, though genestealers are a way of getting around this mushiness. All of the other units have equal to or better armour than marines, ignoring vehicles as Tyranids do not get any.

2+ is possible on a few tyranid units.
mamba21500 is offline   Reply With Quote